• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

B4D1E

Earlier in the stream I spotted the start button of the 360 in the pause menu. So yeah, it looks that great on 360. I can't wait to see Xbox One!!!

I stopped watching the stream about the point when he was
on the last checkpoint of the alien stealth minigame
. From what he played, I really liked what I saw. The minigames seem like good time wasters, and I like all the
skill trees
I saw. The only con I have about the graphics, is the abandoned environments. Seems like it needs more cars, trash, and overall looking more dirtier. So the city can look more alive. I'm guessing the next-gen/PC versions will handle this better?

One thing that stream taught me. Avoid that yellow jacket! That looks terrible on Aiden, I'd rather have a black one or his regular one.

woen

The most disappointing (and expect) aspect may be the city itself. Chicago doesn't seem to have the vibe of an amazing open world. It lacks of something. The comparison with GTA V is harsh.

And 360 confirmed by the streamer before on twitch (if he believe what I read)

HowZatOZ

Banned
I have a feeling a lot of people here will be rather surprised by the quality :)

I'd say GTAV is a bit better. Only because Watch Dogs looks too, void of stuff in the streets? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it just has a lot of unoccupied open space on the sidewalks/street. Like it needs more cars driving around, or more garbage laying on the sidewalks. To not make it seem so abandoned. After that, the game looks beautiful. This is just the 360 version, so the PS4/XOne/PC versions probably look way better.

I'd argue Watch Dogs actually has more "stuff" going on than GTA V, as that always felt rather void at times of cars and pedestrians.

woen

uJq838L.png

Gaz_RB

The guy is going through the mission killing everyone, is there a non-lethal approach here?

Yeah I think so. For instance you could just kneecap people, or knock them out with your baton. On of the missions had the objective "Take out the enemies or Escape" so I imagine escaping will be a viable option during most missions.

Furyous

Are there any details about weapon customization?

Are there any details about safe house customization?

I'm kind of excited about this game and am shocked there are PS4 consoles on Amazon.

Alright, I bought the PS4 Gold Edition on the PSN. These next six days are going to be absolute murder on my psyche. How is everyone else coping with the wait?

It is 360. That menu that popped up is not in the ones UI.

Ubisoft how'd you do it man?
This proves cross gen development holding back the game though, unless they have bluepoint down port skills.

His most popular song is the only one you love? Yikes.

What does popularity got to do with it? It's a great song that got popular because of that. You'll find many artists' best songs being the most popular. Haven't listened to his entire albums so that's all I can say. Mr Rager, Pursuit of Happiness, and King Wizard are good but his other songs just don't do it for me as much as Day N Nite. He's got a knack for great collab beats, for sure.

I can't wait to tackle criminals and then beat the shit out of them with a baton.

Quote for the stream

Thanks bro, you always have my back.

-
I really wish it was better to go digital, I would return my pre order to GameStop and use it for PSN points and get the digital game. But there is absolutely no reason for me to go Digital. Even if I only get 20 dollars for the game at the end of the summer that is 20 dollars I didn't have before.

Gaz_RB

Invisible walls in the ocean lol

Alright, I bought the PS4 Gold Edition on the PSN. These next six days are going to be absolute murder on my psyche. How is everyone else coping with the wait?

Wolfenstein/Transistor. Both are really great games, but I think they will just be appetizers for Watch_Dogs at this point.

Which way is the AI profiling and interaction leaning for those watching streams - genuinely impressive or smoke and mirrors gimmick?

If it's like this for all consoles, I say it's a gimmick. Randomize individuals, with one looking 30 being profiled as age 19, and the missions looks like it will repeat itself. But it looks fun, so I for one don't care how realistic it seems.

The game gives crazy asscreed vibe though.

Did I hear correctly in that Ubisoft put a review embargo until the release day?

Yeah, but most games are like that nowadays.

Are a lot of people going digital for this game? I just want to hear the pros and cons for why. Only games I'm eben thinking of going digital for is Destiny and The Division.

woen

Are a lot of people going digital for this game? I just want to hear the pros and cons for why. Only games I'm eben thinking of going digital for is Destiny and The Division.

Not me. I want to be able to share the game with my brother. I don't want to waste tons of GB on my HDD. I don't want to download it either, especially if I can have the retail version 3 days before the release, cheaper. And I like boxes. No collector edition for me this time though, they're going to far in the bullshit. I don't mind switching discs, so it's fine.

If it's like this for all consoles, I say it's a gimmick. Randomize individuals, with one looking 30 being profiled as age 19, and the missions looks like it will repeat itself. But it looks fun, so I for one don't care how realistic it seems.

The game gives crazy asscreed vibe though.

Damn that sounds disappointing. Recent interview made it sound like you could run into people again and their reactions would change

Special C

I stopped watching the stream about the point when he was
on the last checkpoint of the alien stealth minigame
. From what he played, I really liked what I saw. The minigames seem like good time wasters, and I like all the
skill trees
I saw. The only con I have about the graphics, is the abandoned environments. Seems like it needs more cars, trash, and overall looking more dirtier. So the city can look more alive. I'm guessing the next-gen/PC versions will handle this better?

One thing that stream taught me. Avoid that yellow jacket! That looks terrible on Aiden, I'd rather have a black one or his regular one.

360 version confirmed. I remember the Devs saying that the biggest difference between gens is the amount of people and ambience in the city.

H1PSTER

I'm kinda upset about this

I was deadset on getting the Gold edition on PSN but all I can find at the moment (AT least in the uk) is "classic" or "digital deluxe" and the prices are stupid.

If the Gold Edition was the price of the Digital Deluxe/Included the same content I'd be fine but it doesn't seem like it does.

What do GAF? I want to buy it but I don't want to be ripped off.

viveks86

I'm going all digital because I don't resell games, I'm too lazy to switch disks and don't have space to store all of them. After my launch games, I haven't gotten anything on disk

HowZatOZ

Banned
Damn that sounds disappointing. Recent interview made it sound like you could run into people again and their reactions would change

Wait, are you talking about descriptions on people or the reputation system? Because the reputation system alters how citizens and the media will see you.

Gaz_RB

Not me. I want to be able to share the game with my brother. I don't want to waste tons of GB on my HDD. I don't want to download it either, especially if I can have the retail version 3 days before the release, cheaper. And I like boxes. No collector edition for me this time though, they're going to far in the bullshit. I don't mind switching discs, so it's fine.

3 days early??? You get to play over the weekend??

jelly.jpg

woen

Story missions grrr

3 days early??? You get to play over the weekend??]

A local store in my city might have it this saturday. I'm on holidays this friday, but I won't be able to play it for more than a week (1 month trip), so I think it's fair!

Wookieomg

Anyone recommend picking up the Digital Deluxe edition? About to pull the trigger on the Steam version, and while it's a ten dollar difference, not really sure it'll be worth it.

Top Bottom