• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man, you doge haters must be like this:

cmcbusxl8ra0.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I imagine that's because they have over 8 years experience working on last gen consoles. Must be incredibly easy to tap the power of the PS360 compared to the PS4/X1.

Good point. I wish people wouldn't write off next gen consoles so quickly. We're going to see big improvements over the next 2-3 years.

bebop242

Welp, I was waffling hardcore about keeping my preorder. After watching this, i'm in. Not GOTY material, but looks fun enough to me.

Good point. I wish people wouldn't write off next gen consoles so quickly. We're going to see big improvements over the next 2-3 years.

I think we'll start to see big improvements much sooner. Probably later on this year when current gen only titles are released. Order 1886, Sunset, Drive Club and Arkham Knight will be leading the charge.

Likely, but still, impressive. They could have done a sloppy job. Can't wait for this badboy on ps4

Yeah, that's certainly true. It's good to see they didn't 'phone in' the last gen versions.

Sn4ke_911

So you guys want to discuss the stream or how much you hate doge?

I think the game looks surprisingly good, also nicely polished. It seems the extra dev time was well worth it. I will still wait for reviews before purchase.

Im glad people are liking what they see on the stream. Im trying to be on somewhat of a blackout for the last week. Tempting to watch it though.
much spoilers, such date, so close

It really does look very impressive for a 360 title. Ubi really knocked it out of the park.

Still going for the PS4 version I think though, but that stream makes a strong argument for going back to last gen for this game...

Otnopolit

Wonder what difficulty he's playing on. And what system?

We believe it's 360, somebody earlier in the thread noted he open some kind of dash and it didn't look like XBone, and there are clearly Xbox button prompts. Dunno about the difficulty, he just went down pretty fast, though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think we'll start to see big improvements much sooner. Probably later on this year when current gen only titles are released. Order 1886, Sunset, Drive Club and Arkham Knight will be leading the charge.

Absolutely though I think even stuff like The Order and DriveClub is only scratching the surface. If you believe Cerny (I don't see why you wouldn't), the leap between early and late era PS4 software will be the biggest we've seen during a single cycle.

Gaz_RB

We believe it's 360, somebody earlier in the thread noted he open some kind of dash and it didn't look like XBone, and there are clearly Xbox button prompts. Dunno about the difficulty, he just went down pretty fast, though.

Thanks man. Yeah I'm excited for the "Realistic" difficulty setting. Have to play smart or you go down fast. And if this is 360... game looks great.

Edit: did he just run the car into the generator and cause a blackout?

Sn4ke_911

dat hair, Ubisoft really sucks with the hair in their games, same with Asscreed series.

2014-05-2122_52_29-wa03k4k.png

Hearing Day N Nite reminded me of how much these guys gotta pay for the license to use these songs. Rockstar had to pay £10,000 for each song on GTA V, and there were 240 songs.

Sn4ke_911

Wait, no checkpoints in missions? oh fuck that, very frustrating.

Gaz_RB

You must not be able to shoot out of your car, or he would have done it by now.

Seems to be just for those little side missions. The story missions do. But those little side missions are timed so you can beat records and stuff. Would be silly to have checkpoints in those imo.

woen

I really hope I can get the game on saturday, otherwise too much hype will kill me.

I'm scared too, I won't beat the game in realistic then.

edit : oh I thought it was a main mission, my bad

Sn4ke_911

You must not be able to shoot out of your car, or he would have done it by now.

Seems to be just for those little side missions. The story missions do. But those little side missions are timed so you can beat records and stuff. Would be silly to have checkpoints in those imo.

There is, it's just because that was a side mission.

Puh ok good, thanks.

I can see the backlash on The Division downgrade threads already shining from the future. Just as crazy as Watch Dogs.

And nobody will talk about the actual game.

See, here's the thing. Most of us already know the division won't look anything like that on PS4 and Xbone. That footage was super PC footage.

Raven77

His most popular song is the only one you love? Yikes.

Ashin Kusher is my favorite, wish it was in this game.

Also, has anyone gotten a hold of an early copy of the PC game (a legit copy, not pirated)? I'm curious if the game maxed out on PC's looks significantly better than the PS4 version. Trying to make my platform decision.

Top Bottom