• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

TheMan

Just got my ps4 copy. I love NYC. :)

jP5StFv.jpg

first sony tells me to go fuck myself by not letting me into the PS now beta, and now i see that you get to have fun with watch dogs over the weekend and i don't. that's some ol bullshit.

will you post some impressions?

What's up with all that French on the cover? English and Spanish I get, but French? Is that version sold in Canada as well?

I think sometimes games in North America will get bilingual boxart (English/French) for both America and Canada instead of a English only version for America. I think it's a cost thing. For instance, 3D Dot Game heroes is one example. I have another PS3 game that did it as well, but I don't recall what it is.

hbkdx12

30 seconds is all I managed.. those guys scream and laugh at every little shit that's happening..

Seriously. it's like they never played a video game before. Most of the shit they get riled up about is normal stuff. Tone it the hell down

Because they're having a good time? Sorry, but I like watching streams in which the players are clearly enjoying themselves and the game.

There's enjoying yourself and then there's being flipping obnoxious. These dudes are clearly the latter.

Going batshit crazy cuz they were driving on the wrong side of the road? Really?
Laughing like crazy because they hopped the table and knocked the woman's drink off the table?

We never play an open world game before or something?

They're fuckin heads will probably explode on stream once they actually get around to doing cool shit

Bydobob

I don’t know if I need my eyes checked but I've genuinely been impressed by all the latest footage. But then I have realistic expectations. It’s an open world game that also appears to have raised the bar in terms of the amount of moving objects and background calculations. You can’t also expect jaw-dropping graphical fidelity and performance.

As for the game I’m worried they have tried to incorporate too many features at the expense of a fully realised narrative that drives people towards completion. I’m all for a bit of freedom but somewhere along the line you have to pull the gamer along or they will get bored. I’m still not really sure I understand what Watch Dogs is all about.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Wow those Ultra shots look terrible
Fishing for a tag quote? *sigh* Very well then.

JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.

Do the explosions still look like someone shaking out a dusty carpet or did that get sorted on the PC version?

I don’t know if I need my eyes checked but I've genuinely been impressed by all the latest footage. But then I have realistic expectations. It’s an open world game that also appears to have raised the bar in terms of the amount of moving objects and background calculations. You can’t also expect jaw-dropping graphical fidelity and performance.

This!

drotahorror

I know this is a bit morbid, but for those that have it are there bullet holes in people when you shoot them? I'm not expecting Max Payne 3 levels of violence here, but, maybe something akin to Red Dead Redemption.

thatJohann

first sony tells me to go fuck myself by not letting me into the PS now beta, and now i see that you get to have fun with watch dogs over the weekend and i don't. that's some ol bullshit.

will you post some impressions?

Sorry sony screwed you over. Didn't get in the beta either. I'll post impressions when I get home later.

MarkV

In the midst of the droning on about different footage, seems to me like you're one of the only people who can actually back their claims. So I didn't like AC4 after I left havanah and I liked FC3 less after the game boiled down bad first person puzzling, hunting, base captures and main missions, will I enjoy this game (or does this game have variety)? How is the population density and is the world legitimately immersive?

This game have variety because you can pretty much do wathever you want, the amount of hackable stuffs is incredible and you have a lot of choice either if you go stealth or kill everybody.
I also would say that the amount of people and cars is very good at times.

Wait can someone explain how the day/night cycle works? Is it continuous like GTA/RDR or is it more like inFamous Second Son?
Continuous.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm starting to get FAIRLY upset at the amount of people already playing this fucking game while I on the other hand am not.

murgo

Seriously. it's like they never played a video game before. Most of the shit they get riled up about is normal stuff. Tone it the hell down

HOLY SHIT WE JUST HIT A LAMP OMFG!!

I'm playing the PC version right now. A buddy shared his Uplay account with me. The performance is pretty shitty on my rig (i5 3570K, AMD 7970 OC, 8GB RAM) on Ultra. Toned it down to High and it's running a bit better now, but still not at 60 all the time.

I played a couple of missions, did some side stuff and caused some random mayhem. My verdict so far: IT'S AWESOME! It may not topple GTAV as the king of open-world games, but it's still a lot of fun. I've noticed some cool stuff like a certain kid in an early mission playing Child of Light on a tablet or garbage on the ground actually being blown around by wind.

I've been playing with a DS4 btw, the controls feel pretty smooth, driving is not awkward at all. I actually like it a lot more than the driving in Sleeping Dogs. Gunplay feels pretty satisfying as well. My doubts are gone and I will definitely go preorder the PS4 version again tomorrow.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Are there any codes working for GMG? I was going to go the cdkeys.com route but ive heard a few bad tales, seems like I missed out on the last GMG code for 20% off but I know sometimes the codes work after they have expired in Europe.

I'm playing the PC version right now. A buddy shared his Uplay account with me. The performance is pretty shitty on my rig (i5 3570K, AMD 7970 OC, 8GB RAM) on Ultra. Toned it down to High and it's running a bit better now, but still not at 60 all the time.

I played a couple of missions, did some side stuff and caused some random mayhem. My verdict so far: IT'S AWESOME! It may not topple GTAV as the king of open-world games, but it's still a lot of fun. I've noticed some cool stuff like a certain kid in an early mission playing Child of Light on a tablet or garbage on the ground actually being blown around by wind.

I've been playing with a DS4 btw, the controls feel pretty smooth, driving is not awkward at all. I actually like it a lot more than the driving in Sleeping Dogs. Gunplay feels pretty satisfying as well. My doubts are gone and I will definitely go preorder the PS4 version again tomorrow.

Good cus the driving in Sleeping Dogs is warted-up Devil cock tier. And how come if you have such good specs and the game is running higher than 30fps you're getting the PS4 version?

DukeBobby

i5 3570k, 7970 GHz, 16gb RAM here, so pretty much the same rig as yours. It's a shame about the performance.

If I can maintain a decent framerate on high settings, I'll be okay with that.

I just need to know if I'll like this game considering that I didn't really like Assassin's Creed IV and thought Far Cry 3 was good but got repetitive and wasn't that mechanically varied. One more thing, I really really enjoyed Blood Dragon. Haha that makes no sense but I'd appreciate if I could get some feed back from those who have it.

A little more background on why I didn't like those ubi open world games:
Worlds felt too gamey, too little detail, not enough thematic cohesion to wrap around the things you were doing. For example, in Far Cry 3 you were just gaining xp on a fat old xp bar and it just felt really contrived in a game on a tropical island (watch dogs might mitigate that with its cyberpunk-ish-gitter-hax-menu-upon-menu aesthetic to make that more believable). Assassin's Creed 4 starts really well with Havanna as it feels grounded and immersive (espcially when you remove HUD) but that gets fragmented as soon as you leave and the systems become a little too exposed.

With Blood Dragon, I felt that the utter personality of the game made everything enjoyable. I spent about 10 hours in that game and was almost always entertained. It was literally Far Cry 3, but it's personality couched the games systems into an entertaining aesthetic.

so with all that in mind, your input would be nice.

murgo

Good cus the driving in Sleeping Dogs is warted-up Devil cock tier. And how come if you have such good specs and the game is running higher than 30fps you're getting the PS4 version?

I'm still getting quite a few terrible framedrops while driving around, and I prefer playing on my TV. I'm ok with 30fps at long as it's rock solid like it was in AC4.

I really should stop playing now and wait for the PS4 game, but it's hard :(

This game have variety because you can pretty much do wathever you want, the amount of hackable stuffs is incredible and you have a lot of choice either if you go stealth or kill everybody.
I also would say that the amount of people and cars is very good at times.

Continuous.

Yes, thank you. I just made a super long post about my situation so this is good input :)

bastian

Banned
Are there any codes working for GMG? I was going to go the cdkeys.com route but ive heard a few bad tales, seems like I missed out on the last GMG code for 20% off but I know sometimes the codes work after they have expired in Europe.

GMG025-MAYBHW-SOSAVE

Works on Watchdogs Regular, Deluxe, Seasons Pass.

knitoe

People with the PC version. Can you post your computer spec? Install MSI Afterburner, enable ingame monitoring (select CPU / GPU usage, PC / video card ram usage and framerate), take a ingame screenshot and post it here.

Yes keep them impressions coming.

painey

traded in ass creed 4 and bioshock infinite to walmart for $22 and then picked up the watch dogs pre order card. only the 2nd game in 4 years I have pre ordered, behind GTA5

kaskade

Cool to see people getting the game early so I can have some real impressions. I have the game preordered on Amazon and was bummed when I heard the embargo is day of release.

I still remember how when Sleeping Dogs first came out, it had a bunch of frame drops and shit, it was horrible. I upgraded to the AMD beta drivers and all of a sudden it ran like butter around max settings. These performance impressions are pretty useless to me until I learn whether or not there's a day-1 one patch that's coming or new graphics drivers.

Top Bottom