• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

FHIZ

I haven't been following the Watch Dogs threads these past few days.

What is the general consensus on GAF? Is everyone still mad about the downgrade and other stuff or are people legitimately excited about the game?

Get out while you still can! RUN! GO!!!!

Dr Dogg

So let's say you have a Nvidia code for Watch Dogs, are you able to legally play now?

Or do you get shutdown in Uplay?

Well considering you have to downloaded it through Uplay I don't see why if they're letting you access it before release that you're doing anything wrong. I got Child of Light on PC earlier in the month and Uplay let me download it the moment I put my key in a day and a half before the official launch. Also what law would you be breaking? If you acquired a copy lawfully playing it early, if available isn't unlawful.

styl3s

Oh man Greg Miller. He writes his reviews like a child and fails to extrapolate anything of importance from whatever game he plays. Dude wouldn't know good art if it was sitting two feet in front of him.
Your avatar seems like a perfect representation of your bright and "special" personality.

Greg Miller may not be a word smith when it comes to his reviews but he gets to the point and does a better job then most. Also, don't act like this game or most the games that come out are some unique thought provoking pieces of fucking art.

So...can anyone confirm that if you have an Uplay code, you can download and play right now? And what kind of code is required? Retail PC codes, or does it also work with those vouchers you get when buying a Nvidia card?

I activated an nvidia obtained code via Uplay about 10 hours ago, and from the looks of it, it's not going to get added to my account until release (the codes act as a 100% discount to buy it on the Uplay store rather than a serial chucked into Uplay itself)

You have to wait for Ubi to send your key, which in the confirmation emails says the 27th.

You can use the code straight away and it automatically shows up in your games list, but as I've said before its a discount for the store rather than a serial for the game, so has the same release limitations as buying it normally from the Uplay store.

Oh man Greg Miller. He writes his reviews like a child and fails to extrapolate anything of importance from whatever game he plays. Dude wouldn't know good art if it was sitting two feet in front of him.

I don't know how Greg miller is employed, then I remember it's for a video game website

Goldenhen

So let's say you have a Nvidia code for Watch Dogs, are you able to legally play now?

Or do you get shutdown in Uplay?
According to FAQ I was reading yesterday it said that you can redeem the code but it won't appear on your library til it's officially release.

MayMay

Banned
Comparison between lowest settings and Ultra (both times with maxed out textures though)

Low
4152c38944a147c6376c10d0942d3f7f.png

Ultra
e1dca96b17699a929b246cff63e3e307.png

I think the game looks quite alright.

Lulubop

Well, I have 3770k @ 4.5ghz, 8GB RAM, and 2 GTX 690s. SLI does not work at all for me, even with Nvidia's beta Watch Dogs SLI profile. When I put everything on ultra @ 2560x1600, I get 25-30fps. Bear in mind that is on half a 690, which is roughly equal to a 680.

Not bad, with one card working and at that res.

Only decent?

Pretty much. No-one who has it seems blown away by it.

I wouldn't have come into expecting it to be honest. It is an Ubi open world game after all.
Pretty much this.

While I am still getting the game on PS4. I haven't been really blown away in any way from all the leaked footage. Looks fun but nothing exciting and hype worthy.

It doesn't look anywhere close to 2013?
Can't say anything about the night-time but the day-time looks bland. GTA V had better lighting during the day.

Marcel

To be fair, he's giving them an out. They can either say it looks great, or then the alternative...

wo7l9Cm.jpg

They pull a "downgrade", you pull a "fuck off". He sends one of yours to the banned page, and you send one of his to GameFAQs. That's the Chicago way.

Cutwolf

Getting PS4 version this evening. Happy to stream if anyone wants to watch an average gamer who has never streamed before, likely with frequent girlfriend and dog interruptions.

PSN is same as username.

Linius

Comparison between lowest settings and Ultra (both times with maxed out textures though)

I think the game looks quite alright.

The fact that there are no leafs on the ground in low settings amuses me. I always thought things just looked worse in lower settings, no idea things disappear. Take note I'm not a PC gamer.

JLeack

Banned
Conan's feature makes this look awfully similar to GTA. I'm still looking forward to playing it though, because being similar to one of the greatest franchises ever isn't necessarily a bad thing. And dem graphics look incredible.

Not day 1 for me but I'll definitely pick it up this summer!

I'm a few hours in and its not a whole lot like GTA outside of the open world freedom. This is a much more methodical game where stealth and precision are far more prevalent and rewarded.

It's a great game for the thinking gamer (any MGS fans out there!?!?!?).

GavinUK86

Probably already been shown but this thread is going so fast I'm sure I've missed a ton already but here's a shot of the same spot that demo shown. The one after E3 but before the whole "downgrade" debacle.

Everything is on the Ultra setting...

** Does anyone know the difference between SMAA & Temporal SMAA? I can't notice any difference and there is barely any noticeable performance hit between the two.

watch_dogs_20140523_19471081_by_gavinuk86-d7jfrji.png

watch_dogs_20140523_19480839_by_gavinuk86-d7jfr7k.png

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just a question if anyone knows, does gamersyde have the best quality version of the 2012 trailer?
Because I can't see for life of me the downgrades with all that compression, don't any different, anyone got a better quality video?

I found the HQ versions on an old hard drive, I'll upload them again in a few minutes.

so people dicking around with the pc version, what are the heftiest settings performance wise?

With what is shown around so far, i dont think i need to tweak too much to hit 60fps with my modest OC 3570k 780 classy 16 gb ram.

Symax

Probably already been shown but this thread is going so fast I'm sure I've missed a ton already but here's a shot of the same spot that demo shown. The one after E3 but before the whole "downgrade" debacle.

Everything is on the Ultra setting...

Doesnt look like a downgrade,
imo

styl3s

I wouldn't go that far. Drivers can only do so much. We're talking maybe 15% performance increase
The question is, are these drivers going to even help people who don't have the latest 700 series? Because i keep getting all these drivers from geforce experience and it keeps giving performance boost but just for 700 series cards which is kind of some bullshit.

It's been like a good 4-6 months since my 660 had a driver worth getting and i understand it's not the latest and most expensive card but i always thought nvidia were better about long term support with their cards.

GavinUK86

so people dicking around with the pc version, what are the heftiest settings performance wise?

With what is shown around so far, i dont think i need to tweak too much to hit 60fps with my modest OC 3570k 780 classy 16 gb ram.

I can only hit 1080/60 with everything on Medium. I've got a 2600k @ 4.5ghz, 8gb RAM and a GTX660. If I bump everything up to either High or Ultra I just cap the framerate to 30.

Top Bottom