• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Holy Shit.

u6RJ3oq.jpg

They're trying really hard with these.

hawk2025

What? It's a minor difference you wouldn't even notice without comparison videos.

That's simply not true.

If the lack of AO holds for the whole game, the whole picture and environments look flat and lifeless.
Just look at those wooden planks. Instead of sitting on the environment, they look like flat textures in the Xbox version.

Can you play the entire game stealth?

Based on a lot of footage I've watched, you can play significant chunks of it stealth. There may be some situations where they force you into a more chaotic situation, but big parts of this game can absolutely be played stealth. And stealth doesn't just mean while on foot, as you can quite easily play stealth while inside of a vehicle also.

That's simply not true.

If the lack of AO holds for the whole game, the whole picture and environments look flat and lifeless.
Just look at those wooden planks. Instead of sitting on the environment, they look like flat texture in the Xbox version.

Honestly, if I didn't see a video of it, I wouldn't even notice it. And I personally miss it more in cutscenes. Don't seem much bothered by what I've seen during gameplay, and there's plenty of footage to go around. Game looks good no matter the system.

Did you honestly really need to see a comparison to know which version to buy if you own both systems? I'd like to think it would be pretty obvious the more powerful console of the two would have the advantage in a comparison, so were you really anticipating being conflicted about which you would pick up?

When the versions are even I prefer to get the Xbox version. For instance I'm hoping the UFC game is the same on both so I can get that on Xbox and Watchdogs on PS4.

That's simply not true.

Just look at those wooden planks. Instead of sitting on the environment, they look like flat textures in the Xbox version.

Hmmm...I need some new glasses then :p

CoolZombie

My hype for this game is reaching fever pitch now :-(

I'm probably gonna get it for ps4 due to the higher resolution but I kind of feel like getting it for XBone so I can have a nice meaty game to play through on there since I usually buy all multiplats on ps4.

Wish someone had broken the street date in the UK, Tuesday seems ages away :-(

Lakitu

st5fu
Is the profiler info always random or is it a set NPC already in the world?

My hype for this game is reaching fever pitch now :-(

I'm probably gonna get it for ps4 due to the higher resolution but I kind of feel like getting it for XBone so I can have a nice meaty game to play through on there since I usually buy all multiplats on ps4.

Wish someone had broken the street date in the UK, Tuesday seems ages away :-(

Is the post office running on Monday?

Bgamer90

Banned
When the versions are even I prefer to get the Xbox version. For instance I'm hoping the UFC game is the same on both so I can get that on Xbox and Watchdogs on PS4.

Well, we knew about the difference in resolution between the two versions for about two weeks.

Unless you really, really, like the rumble triggers on the Xbox One then I can't see how these new comparisons will add on and/or help you decide what version to get in terms of visuals. The info was already there that the game would look better on the PS4.

I understand making a choice via these details for UFC though since the game is running in the same resolution and framerate on both consoles.

Karak

Is the profiler info always random or is it a set NPC already in the world?

Is the post office running on Monday?

It was supposed to be random. But they could have changed that. I swear that between the 3 versions I saw different names and stats for the people in the nearby parking lot but at times there are just little differences. Could be either way.

Seanspeed

Banned
Shadow it's not slightly lower res, it's low res. It's a remarkable difference. SSAO it's completely gone. Considering the lower res I'm expected the same setting on xbone .
PS4 version looks low res as well. Just not quite as low res as the Xbox's. Its hardly a huge victory. The AO difference is more impactful, but overall the two versions look comparable there.

dex3108

What you want to know? Most people here have delved into it saying its a fun, vibrant open-world.

I personally don't care that much because i have game pre-ordered and i am waiting 27th. But opinions on mission designs, characters, story, gameplay are in my opinion worth more than constant blabbering about graphic :D

Nydius

Can we get more impressions about gameplay/story, basically anything else beside graphic?

I've only got a few hours of playing thus far but I can understand, at least early on, why that French magazine posted here several pages back listed the story as "meh".

So far the bulk of Aiden's story that I have seen has been told in flashbacks and they haven't been very ... relateable, for lack of a better term. Even in the present day campaign missions I just can't bring myself to care about him one way or the other, even during one of the first missions with his sister and nephew. I know I should feel bad for him but I just don't. He just feels like a milquetoast protagonist. I hope this picks up as time goes by but right now I'm happy in the knowledge that there's a lot to do.... the question will be: when I finish the game will the side quests or the campaign be what I look back on most? Right now the campaign feels lacking but, again, I must emphasize I only have a few hours played.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Based on what exactly?

I think he's answering the second question, not the first. To add my two cents, Black Flag was rushed out to meet the launch date so it shouldn't be too surprising that Ubi was able to polish things up a bit with a patch; Watch Dogs, however, was delayed by half a year and so I'd say what you've seen is what you'll be getting.

omonimo

Banned
PS4 version looks low res as well. Just not quite as low res as the Xbox's. Its hardly a huge victory. The AO difference is more impactful, but overall the two versions look comparable there.

The hell you are talking about. It's not low res in any kind of point of view.

gruenel

So the X1 version has no AO, lower quality shadows and lower res? Damn the DF thread is going to be a bloodbath. Wonder what the performance will be on the consoles. I hope it's as good as AC4's framerate.

Lucent

What you want to know? Most people here have delved into it saying its a fun, vibrant open-world.

Edit: Haha these pedestrians are crazy.

i2jmD5oKhYdEE.png

Man the income for some of these jobs doesn't seem right. I wish I could make $68k+ just scheduling things for people. lol.

Lucent

The hell you are talking about. It's not low res in any kind of point of view.

Pretty sure he's talking about the shadows. The shadows are pixelated. Neither are perfect. The X1 version shadows are just more pixely.

EDIT: Okay now I'm getting confused. lol

omonimo

Banned
Look at how decent PC's are running it. Its a resource hog. PS4 isn't powerful enough.

It's not a resource hog. It's a disaster code. There is nothing can't handle at 1080p ps4 on Watch Dog. Most of the tech grapchi used come to the past generation. You have to give a watch to the beyond3d forum, there are a lot of discussion about it.

stryke

I think he's answering the second question, not the first. To add my two cents, Black Flag was rushed out to meet the launch date so it shouldn't be too surprising that Ubi was able to polish things up a bit with a patch; Watch Dogs, however, was delayed by half a year and so I'd say what you've seen is what you'll be getting.

Yep. There's been no chatter of an upres patch and they're not rushed like AC4.

Of course there's "chance", albeit a very very small one.

Top Bottom