• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Lucent

It's not a resource hog. It's a disaster code. There is nothing can't handle at 1080p ps4 on Watch Dog on. Most of the tech used come to the past generation. You have to give a watch to the beyond3d forum, there are a lot of discussion about it.

Yeah. I think the thing is, they developed for like 6 platforms, so they were probably spread too thin to really optimize it. InFamous looks so good because they only had one console to focus on.

Though AC: Black Flag had just as many platforms so I dunno.

omonimo

Banned
Yeah. I think the thing is, they developed for like 6 platforms, so they were probably spread too thin to really optimize it. InFamous looks so good because they only had one console to focus on.

Though AC: Black Flag had just as many platforms so I dunno.

The main reason seems because the engine has its roots into the past generation, where cpu was more important, even for the graphic. I post some quote about a developer on beyond3d who tried to explain why could happenend in the engine, if I find it.

Seanspeed

Banned
Why you don't post some prove about this statement indeed to talk? In the picture I seen it's not a low res shadow. I don't know, maybe in other parts of game, I guess.
Its right there in the comparison we were discussing. PS4 still has pixelly shadows, even if its better than Xbox's. Seems plain as day to me.

You are repeatedly impossible to discuss anything PS4-related with though, so I'm probably wasting my time here.

It's not a resource hog. It's a disaster code. There is nothing can't handle at 1080p ps4 on Watch Dog. Most of the tech grapchi used come to the past generation. You have to give a watch to the beyond3d forum, there are a lot of discussion about it.
Its a resource hog. Go to the PC performance thread and read through it a bit. I'm not saying the PS4 is weak, I'm saying that this game itself has ridiculous requirements.

Pretty sure he's talking about the shadows. The shadows are pixelated. Neither are perfect. The X1 version shadows are just more pixely.

EDIT: Okay now I'm getting confused. lol
He knows what I'm talking about. He just refuses to admit the PS4 version could be flawed, too. Would diminish the victory over the XB1 comparison somewhat.

omonimo

Banned
Its right there in the comparison we were discussing. PS4 still has pixelly shadows, even if its better than Xbox's. Seems plain as day to me.

You are repeatedly impossible to discuss anything PS4-related with though, so I'm probably wasting my time here.

Its a resource hog. Go to the PC performance thread and read through it a bit.

He knows what I'm talking about. He just refuses to admit the PS4 version could be flawed, too. Would diminish the victory over the XB1 comparison somewhat.

wdcomp3.gif

Where exactly is pixelated? To be a resource hog not mean it's well optimized, I thought the pc is a good prove. Stop to talk like you are the more expert here, please. We are all to the same level for discuss.
Lol to the last part bolded. I'm the first who said ps4 it's flawed too. I'm not sure what you are talking.

..You mean the random generator is?
The last time I heard it explained the NPC's are generated by taking subtexts from lists of terms so this isn't a person trying. Unless they removed that system.

Given that "blood donor" isn't an occupation, I'd say there's a 0% chance that wasn't a total zinger tossed into the game on purpose.

omonimo

Banned
Are you looking at this from a cell phone or a tablet maybe?

Not sure what you're having trouble seeing. Would be even more obvious if it was full-size.

It's that tough try to be less arrogant? I appreciate it. I missed it. Yeah shadow seems filtered in some way, it's not that easy to notice, but surely it's ton of times preferable to the xb1 version in this picture.

This is even completely false. I never said ps4 version is flawless in any of my post.

IcyEyes

I'm playing this game since yesterday and to be honest, in the first hours, the games is really, really nice.
I ended up buying it on PS4 because of my friends list and because the ultra setting on PC doesn't look so ... incredible. Anyway, on PS4 the graphics looks pretty, a lot of stuff moving, some nice shaders, low poly stuff, good animation, nothing incredible, but pretty good in the overall.
I'm sure WD2 (PC-PS4-X1) will have a better visual !

I know people love awesome graphics, but It's better to move on and talk about the gameplay. Right now it looks pretty solid to me, I will reserve my next judgement after 10-15 hours of gaming.

Hasney

Can we get more impressions about gameplay/story, basically anything else beside graphic?

Gameplay is alright, just been done better by 3 different series already. Story after Act 1 (about 5 hours) is boring at worst and hilarious at points when it shouldn't be.

I think it's a good game to wait for a sale on when you don't have much of a backlog to get through, but not much better than that.

Mechazawa

Given that "blood donor" isn't an occupation, I'd say there's a 0% chance that wasn't a total zinger tossed into the game on purpose.

I literally saw a video not but a few minutes ago where a pedestrian's occupation was "blood donor"

If it's a zinger, it's intended to be a "lol poors/lazy" thing and not necessarily an HIV gag.

WJD

Still debating XBO v PS4 for this in the event reviews are semi-decent.

Superior controller v superior performance is a closer call than you'd believe for a game like this.

Readingaid

Neo Member
I'd absolutely love to know what sorry state this game was in before the delay. I think I'll get Wolfemstein instead. 1080/60 and looks sharp.

The most shocking thing in all of this is I've seen some gameplay streamed now and some.of it looks fun but the driving, pedestrians, story looks horrible. It reminds me of something like True Crime.

Sleeping Dogs isnt my favourite game ever but it's certainly memorable and I get the vibe that this game is a couple of notches below that, certainly no GTAV.

Obviously I'll reserve my final judgement until I've played it but damn colour me dissapointted and a little sorry for Ubi, they really failed on this one.

Alan Smithee

Neo Member
For those of you playing, how are the multiplayer elements? Are they inspired at all? I get the feeling it's similar to Dark Souls' mp

Also for those of you playing, how would you compare it to the original trailer, does the AI behavior feel as dynamic or was that pretty staged?

Toki767

Getting this for $42 (20% off with Best Buy GCU + $10 gift card for pre-ordering) after tax so I'm glad to see initial impressions seem really good.

Quick impression after one hour (I hate work!): It's great, already had a lot of fun roaming around and hacking stuff (or people, lol). Can't wait to play it for hours this evening :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those of you playing, how are the multiplayer elements? Are they inspired at all? I get the feeling it's similar to Dark Souls' mp

Also for those of you playing, how would you compare it to the original trailer, does the AI behavior feel as dynamic or was that pretty staged?

Forgive me for pinching your post and using it as a springboard for my own: I assume the game tracks completion a la the later Assassin's Creed titles. Is the MP component part of the 100% or is it perfectly possible to hit full completion strictly in SP?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
wdcomp3.gif

Where exactly is pixelated? To be a resource hog not mean it's well optimized, I thought the pc is a good prove. Stop to talk like you are the more expert here, please. We are all to the same level for discuss.
Lol to the last part bolded. I'm the first who said ps4 it's flawed too. I'm not sure what you are talking.

Is the Xbox version missing ambient occlusion?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There seems to be some graphic bugs with the civilians. Look at his hands.

2014-05-2413_03_08-bamfuq7.png

DrBo42

Caught someone tailing me and blew his face off a little while ago. So paranoid now. How many people have been watching me? Is someone there right now...?

Sn4ke_911

No seriously, i've seen it quite a few times now. It's clearly a bug.

2014-05-2413_16_43-adw1kgn.png

Sn4ke_911

Gonna disappear into the story for a bit and then go to sleep. Any closing questions tonight?

Just a simple one, do you enjoy the game so far? what do you like? what not?

Played a little over an hour of it, enjoying it so far. I don't actually mind the driving, at least when using the interior view anyway.

Had a little laugh when I hijacked someone's car, they then proceeded to call the police and as he was mid sentence reporting the crime I shot him, then I heard the officer on the other end say "hello? Could you repeat that?", a long police chase ensured which..ended badly.

Wow, that's cool.

Hurley

Played a little over an hour of it, enjoying it so far. I don't actually mind the driving, at least when using the interior view anyway.

Had a little laugh when I hijacked someone's car, they then proceeded to call the police and as he was mid sentence reporting the crime I shot him, then I heard the officer on the other end say "hello? Could you repeat that?", a long police chase ensured which..ended badly.

Top Bottom