• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkunkFury

I doubt Afrika will be like Pokemon snap. Pokemon snap was an on-rails shooter with a camera. There's no way Afrika will be on rails.

I imagine it will be Forever Blue on an African plain, and the focus will be on the simulation aspects with the behavior of the animals and the exploration of the area. I imagine taking pictures will be one of many sandbox style activities that fit wihtin the scope of the game. I'm just assuming all of this, so who knows

Jtrizzy said:
If you had to guess, how much will it cost one to import the new controller to the US?

The only reason for a delay that makes any sense is manufacturing concerns and supply issues so I'm going to guess "a lot".

FIREBABY

Now after all of this, I don't feel the least bit upset selling my PS3 2 weeks ago. So when I pick it up agian next year I'll have the new dual shock right?

PkunkFury said:
I doubt Afrika will be like Pokemon snap. Pokemon snap was an on-rails shooter with a camera. There's no way Afrika will be on rails.

I imagine it will be Forever Blue on an African plain, and the focus will be on the simulation aspects with the behavior of the animals and the exploration of the area. I imagine taking pictures will be one of many sandbox style activities that fit wihtin the scope of the game. I'm just assuming all of this, so who knows

Yeah, I'm hoping it's like that as well. Is Afrika being shown on the floor or is the trailer the only new info out of TGS?

tanod said:
1Up's MGS4 preview says that the DS3 is using more precise rumble tech like they can tell where they explosions are coming from by where the controller vibrates.

New rumble-tech CONFIRMED
. Almost every game I own is getting an update too.

Definitely importing. Woot!

DAMN! Time to sell my 3 controllers...

Funny how i told my bro that we need to buy DS3 and sell Sixaxis, and he asks "why?"... i said "Cause it doesn't have rumble", and he is like "What? it doesn't? Wait... you're sure right? Damn! I didn't miss it a bit"

slicknick1986 said:
The White Knight Story trailer is amazing. Spotted a couple SotC/Colossi references...

No, you just think you did.

Oh and This will start Level 5's Square Enix status. WKS will be the first game in an ongoing series.

Believe

legend166

Mar_ said:
Really? Rumble is pretty cool if used correctly. And if you pick up a current PS3 controller it just feels lifeless compared to others. I really don't see how you can complain about them finally putting rumble in. I can see people complaining about how long it's taken Sony to do it though. Oh, and last gen technology etc.

Oh yeah, I'm not complaining about them putting it in. It's good. But it's just sorta retarded that they're big announcement was "hey guys we're putting a feature back in that we stripped out at the beginning of the gen."

I guess it's because I did a lot of my gaming last gen, and still do, with a Wavebird, so it just doesn't bother me.

Cool for people that want it though, I guess.

Double H

New Gran Turismo 5 Prologue material from official site

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/

Screenshots

p25a.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/screen/

Demo/Replay Movie

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/movie/d1193.html

Mindlog

I think I was one of the few people pumped about Afrika :\ Could have been great, but I was hoping something along the lines of a HUGE sandbox, with those great graphics all surrounded by an in depth eco-system. Perhaps a game preserve management type deal.

A non-cartoony Viva Pinata of sorts possibly.

Looking forward to WKS more than anything else, I believe.

duk

Banned
voodoojohn said:
I don't mean to be rude when I ask this... but is TGS usually this underwhelming? This is the first one I've ever followed closely.

Not really, the last two years Sony did very well. This year was just lackluster.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
voodoojohn said:
I don't mean to be rude when I ask this... but is TGS usually this underwhelming? This is the first one I've ever followed closely.

On a related note, are there going to be any big announcements by third parties? Or is this basically it in terms of any announcements occurring at the beginning of TGS?

Ceb

Where the flying fuck is Heavy Rain? It doesn't help that I get fooled by the Heavenly Sword thread each time I look at the thread listing. :(

schuelma

Sony really should have announced the Home delay like a week earlier or something- the AP story being ran by everyone is "Sony delays HOME, another embarrassment" or something along those lines.

Azrael

Pretty terrible presentation. Announcing a big delay for Home at the TGS keynote is baffling. Why didn't they announce this a few weeks ago and get it out of the way? The idea is to use events like this to build interest in your product. It's not where you announce bad news. I guess they learned nothing from dropping $599 on everyone at E3 '06.

As far as the Dualshock 3, I can only imagine Sony is holding back its introduction in the U.S. and Europe because they want to clear their unsold inventory of PS3s before introducing a new hardware configuration with the DS3 packed in. But this, along with the Home delay, is going to discourage gamers from buying a PS3 until next spring, which is the last thing Sony needs right now.

voodoojohn said:

Keep in mind that TGS itself hasn't actually even really started yet. As with E3, the cool stuff, for all platforms, usually comes courtesy of separate demonstrations and from the showfloor.

h3ro

OliveJuice said:
So its White Knight Chronicles now?

I liked White Knight Story better. Also, I wish they showed some new footage in the trailer.

Wasn't WKS (I refuse to use WKC, I'm sticking to "Story") supposed to be playable @ TGS?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
This wasnt Sony's press conference huh? I mean, this is only Kaz' speech, but Sony is doing a conference of their own huh? I am sure Sony will show the big guns during its conference, or maybe in the SE conference.

MaX_PL

Banned
godhandiscen said:
This wasnt Sony's press conference huh? I mean, this is only Kaz' speech, but Sony is doing a conference of their own huh? I am sure Sony will show the big guns during its conference, or maybe in the SE conference.

i think kazs speach is the conference. am i wrong?

h3ro

godhandiscen said:

Huh? Thats news to me. Anyone know details on this conference? Lets get this clear, its definitely not another keynote right?!

schuelma

Sony has their show floor, but I don't think they have anymore conferences or anything like that.

Phthisis

There is no sex Final Fantasy VII in the champagne room Square Enix TGS booth
Oh, there's Final Fantasy in the Square Enix TGS booth
But you don't want Final Fantasy
You want Final Fantasy VII
And there's no Final Fantasy VII in the Square Enix TGS booth

lahjcaabb.jpg

Sony honestly just baffles me...
They come off of two strong events, software sales are picking up in japan a little and system sales are still better than they were a month or two ago.
They could continue the climb forward and take back some ground but instead we get this lackluster .... speech.
Home delayed? YOU DO NOT DO THAT SHIT ON STAGE YOU DO IT TWO WEEKS LATER.
Rumble? That is great except when it comes out after most of the games that use it.
No price drop not even to 499?

Seriously you make it hard to stay a believer and you better hope some devs pick up some slack.

OokieSpookie said:
They come off of two strong events, software sales are picking up in japan a little and system sales are still better than they were a month or two ago.
They could continue the climb forward and take back some ground but instead we get this lackluster .... speech.
Rumble? That is great except when it comes out after most of the games that use it.

Seriously you make it hard to stay a believer and you better hope some devs pick up some slack.

Sony will never do the right thing. Its unpossible for them.

distrbnce

Banned
OokieSpookie said:

He hinted at a future price drop. I could only assume it's near-future, as price drops are inevitable.

Guess TGS just wasn't the place, but I'm betting there will be a significant megaton or two before christmas, if not in the next 2 days.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
OokieSpookie said:

In all honestly I just expected a price drop just to remain competitive, it was asinine to expect a FF7 remake announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom