• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's interesting was that after last year's TGS bombaconference, Sony at least flooded the net with new media.

where's the mediaaaa

Surreal

traveler said:
TEAM. ICO.

It's been two years. I want to know what's up. I wasn't here because of hype or rumors; I was here because of them. It's time to know.

I love them too but if they're not ready then they're not ready. Awesome doesn't grow on trees.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't think people were expecting the DS3 delay. I think the question isn't what they could have done, but rather what they could have avoided doing.

It shouldn't have been officially announced until they could supply the world with it. You don't go, 'Hey, check this out' then put behind your back only to say 'Wait 6 months.'

bigfurb said:
It's like a repeat of last year, only now the reactions are dumber because people should have known what to expect
yeah. someone said something about that back on the first page of one of the earlier threads about this today...

oh wait... that was me.

i have zero pity for anyone in europe that stayed up for this and wishes they hadn't.

h3ro

Well... I guess we wait till the third parties have their say and announce whatever DS and mobile phone garbage they are going to be putting out this year....

At least we got MGS4 and Uncharted right?

VALIS

Aleman said:
I should have waited until next Spring for the PS3. Warhawk was fun for two weeks and Uncharted will be too, but it just would have been a lot better to buy it full featured and at a lower price :(

Yep. Buying a PS3 in July was the stupidest thing I did this year. I'm not playing it anyway, should have waited for Spring. Good 'ol impulsiveness. Eh, at least SSHD gave me two weeks of awesomeness.

Steroyd

BenjaminBirdie said:
Of course not. But I still think a $40 GT5 would have been a massive seller this holiday, and HOME and DS3 would have at least given them some momentum. I wasn't expecting game announcements like that. Obviously no holiday games would be announced. But they actively delayed stuff to next year that some were expecting this year. It's not a doomsday scenario, but it's disappointing.

Won't GT5P fill that void? EDITED: Oh shit yeah...Japan

True it's disapointing but like GTA it's better than it having a buggy mess now hurting it's first impressions which is really important for the long term, Home in particular took a huge leap in it's feature set between GDC and E3.

DS3 has an inexplicable delay between JPN and US/EU for a controller.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So am I correct in thinking that this megaton ended the same way the original one did?

(haven't read the thread)

Surreal

Cmon guys, it's just rumble. It's not that life changing.
if they don't have it out by the time MGS4 comes out Sony will pay

Evlar

Banned
h3ro said:
Well... I guess we wait till the third parties have their say and announce whatever DS and mobile phone garbage they are going to be putting out this year....

At least we got MGS4 and Uncharted right?
There have been amazingly few new game announcements so far. What's happened other than the KH games?

is the home delay worldwide or what? if so, its the biggest bomba from tgs.

and some of you guys really need to stop clamming for a ff7 remake. Kid icarus have a better chance then that shit.

Tabris said:
Well I'm going to bed. If FFVIIremake is announced, can you guys laugh at some nintendo fanboys for me and say Tabris had faith? much appreciated :)

While the rest of us in the world of reality laughs at you.

Wait, so I come home from work to find no new Team Ico game and no White Knight Story? Say it ain't so! Those are some of the biggest reasons I bought a PS3.

Green Shinobi said:
Wait, so I come home from work to find no new Team Ico game and no White Knight Story? Say it ain't so! Those are some of the biggest reasons I bought a PS3.

those got announce for cell phones.

LCQ

fuhrergz5.jpg

"Mein oyabun! I can SPIN!"

Anybody upset over the lack of a price cut, Meijer.com is showing a 20GB in stock for $399.99. Also, my local Sam's Club (Eastgate near Cincinnati OH) has some 20GB units for around $440 with an extra controller, you may want to check your Sam's.

Kevin

I was hoping for new news on Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream:

heavy-rain-20060510114756453.jpg

Is there any word on this game appearing at TGS at all? It's been about a year and a half since we last seen anything from this game aside from the poster released earlier this year. I would have to say that this is my most anticipated PS3 game.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Anybody upset over the lack of a price cut, Meijer.com is showing a 20GB in stock for $399.99. Also, my local Sam's Club (Eastgate near Cincinnati OH) has some 20GB units for around $440 with an extra controller, you may want to check your Sam's.
Ebay, my friend, ebay.

This one has a Buy It Now price of $350 and comes with an extra controller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-w-EXTRA-SIXAXIS-CONTROLLER_W0QQitemZ110172121279QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

user friendly said:
Think pokemon snap but in Afrika.

Wonder if you can get eaten by Lions and/or hippos.

Afrika has the potential to kick ass if it is free-roaming like the trailers (sort of) suggest...of course we don't really have much of an inkling still as to how ambitious this project really is (or is not). It LOOKS grand and all, but we still haven't gotten concrete gameplay details. So that being said, if it is like Pokemon Snap, I hope it isn't on rails and you can explore the African plains in the same way you are able to explore the city in games like Grand Theft Auto...

Slavik81

I would have been happy with a PS3 controller redesign. Given that I only half-got that, I would have wanted an FFVII remake announcement to make up for it.

Yeah. Not a fan of how this TGS has been going so far.

Evlar

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
sorry, I don't know anything about Pokemon either...is it some sort of picture taking game or something?
Pokemon Snap was a N64 game in which you traveled through wilderness settings taking pictures of Pokemon. Yep.

Dante

Kevin said:
I was hoping for new news on Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream:

heavy-rain-20060510114756453.jpg

Is there any word on this game appearing at TGS at all? It's been about a year and a half since we last seen anything from this game aside from the poster released earlier this year. I would have to say that this is my most anticipated PS3 game.

I think it's supposed to be on the showfloor.

Jtrizzy

The Sphinx said:
Pokemon Snap was a N64 game in which you traveled through wilderness settings taking pictures of Pokemon. Yep.

wow, that's fucking lame as shit. maybe I'm just too old for pokemon related stuff.

Mar

legend166 said:
I really don't think there is one thing in gaming I care less about than rumble.

Really? Rumble is pretty cool if used correctly. And if you pick up a current PS3 controller it just feels lifeless compared to others. I really don't see how you can complain about them finally putting rumble in. I can see people complaining about how long it's taken Sony to do it though. Oh, and last gen technology etc.

tanod

when is my burrito
1Up's MGS4 preview says that the DS3 is using more precise rumble tech like they can tell where they explosions are coming from by where the controller vibrates.

New rumble-tech CONFIRMED
. Almost every game I own is getting an update too.

Definitely importing. Woot!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Just checked the conference live blog. :-( What a total non-event. It's not like I was expecting FFVII remake or anything but I thought they'd have some kind of exclusive announcement to help stave off the impending Halo 3 juggernaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom