• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

UltraJay

Scrafty, you sounded vague on Karu. You used the term "groady" but I want to be absolutely clear... is Karu 100% Mafia? You said you didn't want them to use their power, but scum cannot kill tonight. Are you aware of Karu's power role?

No, feeding scum to the neutral is 100% in town's interest. If you are being truthful then we have 100% verified scum and we can finish up these day kills faster which is in everyone's best interest.

We like, have a free night tonight. Why don't we just kill Karu now so that he like, can't use his power and then have the SK kill Ferret tomorrow? I think it's like, super dangerous to let a confirmed bad guy wander free during the night, even if he can't like, kill anyone.

Scrafty, you sounded vague on Karu. You used the term "groady" but I want to be absolutely clear... is Karu 100% Mafia? You said you didn't want them to use their power, but scum cannot kill tonight. Are you aware of Karu's power role?

Karu is like, totally 100% a bad guy. I dunno what his role is, but it could be like, really dangerous. What if he like, roleblocks the SK and saves himself another night or something?

UltraJay

We like, have a free night tonight. Why don't we just kill Karu now so that he like, can't use his power and then have the SK kill Ferret tomorrow? I think it's like, super dangerous to let a confirmed bad guy wander free during the night, even if he can't like, kill anyone.

Because the lynching process is good to let people role claim. If we know Karu is definite scum but kill-less tonight then we can try to use this time to find someone else... like Ferret, I guess.

I would much rather see a flip on something I'm not 100% sure about, than a sure thing. Especially if we can get Ferret (or someone else depending on what happens) talking to give us some info.

UltraJay

Is Karu a role-blocker? Are you sure of that? We don't know who the SK is since Sorian is keeping all that to himself.

That's what I was trying to ask before. Are you aware of Karu's power?

Sorian

Banned

For the same reason you just said, presumably, we know 100% that Karu is scum. Ferret is just based on reads and deduction. Unless you know Karu's power role, which doesn't seem to be the case, then odds are low that we have much to be worried about. He could be a framer, meh, all you have to do is target someone who he wouldn't target, that's easy. He could be a roleblocker, probably not the case or they would have been roleblocking the doctor. He could be a switcher (which could be dangerous) but again, if that were the case, there would have been no reason to kill the doctor.

I'm banking on framer or ninja killer, neither of which is super useful to them right now anyway.

Sorian

Banned
Karu is like, totally 100% a bad guy. I dunno what his role is, but it could be like, really dangerous. What if he like, roleblocks the SK and saves himself another night or something?

Well then congratulations to Karu, he picked out the SK out of 14 possible choices (13 after the lynch). Sure, there are some claims out there so the list is a little bit shorter but that is still about a 10% chance. If that happens then too bad for the SK, we lynch Karu tomorrow and move on.

UltraJay

Ninja killer? Framer? Remind me what those roles do so I don't have to look up the wiki. I only slightly know what those are.

Sorian

Banned
Ninja killer? Framer? Remind me what those roles do so I don't have to look up the wiki. I only slightly know what those are.

A ninja killer is scum that can kill and not be seen so if there is a watcher, the killer would not show up on the watcher report. So for example, Setre and the killer visit me and the watcher is watching me. I don't die because Setre was our doctor but I was visited by the killer. When the watcher gets his report then he would have just seen Setre visiting me, no one else.

A framer switches the alignment of one person for the night in regards to investigations. A scum would show as town, town would show as scum, and neutral would still show as neutral.

UltraJay

Oh... a ninja-killer not a someone who kills ninjas. If that is the case then Karu has been performing all the kills and not being seen doing it.

Sorian

Banned
Oh... a ninja-killer not a someone who kills ninjas. If that is the case then Karu has been performing all the kills and not being seen doing it.

Logic says there is no ninja killer by the way, I'm just throwing out examples. If he could kill without being seen, they would have hit the doctor two nights ago.

My money is on framer and, meh, not really worried about that at this juncture.

I think you're like, being too trusting of this SK, Sorian. What if he like, is just manipulating you into feeding him kills or whatevs? Does he have like a quota of bad guy kills he has to get?

I'm not convinced. I'm like, not voting out anyone but Karu today.

gryvan

I'm on my mobile atm so I will post stuff consisting of Mazre squidgy and others previous posts.

Also rip coppa and setre

Why is it that the people I have suspicious on die during night...makes me feel used by scum >_>...

Sorian

Banned
I think you're like, being too trusting of this SK, Sorian. What if he like, is just manipulating you into feeding him kills or whatevs? Does he have like a quota of bad guy kills he has to get?

I'm not convinced. I'm like, not voting out anyone but Karu today.

Like I said, there are specific win conditions. I'm not going to reveal them right now because I am gauging reactions. That being said, I am being trusting, consider it a sporting favor because they were so kind to handle that whole Mazre situation for me. They've already thrown their lot in with us, I have no reason to back down from helping them. We've seen both town and scum win conditions now, we know that we don't need to kill neutrals to win so I'm not too worried about a backstab, it's easier for everyone involved if the SK works with us.

Like I said, there are specific win conditions. I'm not going to reveal them right now because I am gauging reactions. That being said, I am being trusting, consider it a sporting favor because they were so kind to handle that whole Mazre situation for me. They've already thrown their lot in with us, I have no reason to back down from helping them. We've seen both town and scum win conditions now, we know that we don't need to kill neutrals to win so I'm not too worried about a backstab, it's easier for everyone involved if the SK works with us.

But like, what if he like becomes a bad guy once his kill quota is met? If I were like, a bad guy, I'd want to gain the trust of like, an influential guy so I could like, have someone vouching for me.

This whole scenario like, stinks of groadiness and I don't like it one bit.

Sorian

Banned
But like, what if he like becomes a bad guy once his kill quota is met? If I were like, a bad guy, I'd want to gain the trust of like, an influential guy so I could like, have someone vouching for me.

This whole scenario like, stinks of groadiness and I don't like it one bit.

If the SK meets their win condition and doesn't leave the game then I know who they are and we lynch them. I'm in two gossip chats with a total of 5 people, the name is out there and they can't silence that many voices at once. We all know the win conditions, if any of them are met and the SK is still here, there are plenty of us who can report who the SK is.

If the SK meets their win condition and doesn't leave the game then I know who they are and we lynch them. I'm in two gossip chats with a total of 5 people, the name is out there and they can't silence that many voices at once. We all know the win conditions, if any of them are met and the SK is still here, there are plenty of us who can report who the SK is.

This just like, doesn't sit right with me at all. You're pushing like, the best lead town has into the hands of someone we're like not even sure we can trust, just to further some agenda.

Anyone with like, half a brain should find this totally suspicious. Why can't we just like, lynch Karu today and use the free night to like think over what to do next?

Sorian

Banned
This just like, doesn't sit right with me at all. You're pushing like, the best lead town has into the hands of someone we're like not even sure we can trust, just to further some agenda.

Anyone with like, half a brain should find this totally suspicious. Why can't we just like, lynch Karu today and use the free night to like think over what to do next?

Because I would like to remove the neutral elements from the game and have a clean slate of town vs. scum. We are on day 4 with 3 scum dead already. The town advantage is insane at the moment. That's not even to mention that scum doesn't get a kill tonight. The SK sided with me when I needed help and I am doing the same for them. If Karu is scum then he will be out of the game tomorrow anyway but with the added benefit of also clearing out the neutral from the roster. A neutral would be signing their own death warrant to side with scum at this juncture.

Because I would like to remove the neutral elements from the game and have a clean slate of town vs. scum. We are on day 4 with 3 scum dead already. The town advantage is insane at the moment. That's not even to mention that scum doesn't get a kill tonight. The SK sided with me when I needed help and I am doing the same for them. If Karu is scum then he will be out of the game tomorrow anyway but with the added benefit of also clearing out the neutral from the roster. A neutral would be signing their own death warrant to side with scum at this juncture.

This late in the game, when we're like, this close to victory, trusting someone whose track record is like, 1 for 2 is like, a phenomenally anti-town move.

And like, I can't believe you don't even seem like, happy or appreciative about having a bad guy handed to you on like, a silver freaking platter.

Sorian

Banned
This late in the game, when we're like, this close to victory, trusting someone whose track record is like, 1 for 2 is like, a phenomenally anti-town move.

And like, I can't believe you don't even seem like, happy or appreciative about having a bad guy handed to you on like, a silver freaking platter.

Meh, I still have to agree that killing Boo based on only his day 1 performance was a pro-town move. The odds of an SK hitting scum N1 with the information we had was fairly low but their selection was still good IMO. Not going to fault them for Boo not being scum.

And no, trust me, I am very appreciative of this. It makes our job a lot easier tonight, I was worried about having to figure out remaining scum and not looking forward to perusing all of day 4 to figure out new leads. You gave us the answer on a silver platter. I do still need to gauge if you are actually telling the truth though. Is there a reason you haven't actually role claimed yet? You gave results but you didn't say who or what you are.

Sorian

Banned
I'm for voting out Karu today. Just gonna wait till new page is reached first so that way we can see who the SK killed..

There will be no SK kill:

Also, there will be no neutral kill today by the way. I am in contact with our serial killer. It is a night action with a random day death. As proof that I am not lying about knowing who they are, there will be no death today. I'll explain more later in the day as I feel it is needed.

Sorian

Banned
Oh I should probably clarify, just realized that is worded weird. When I say it is a random day death, that means that Retro announces the death at a random time. The SK is in full control of who they target.

Sorian

Banned
why did they choose not to kill anyone today?

I leveraged it as a way to prove that I was really speaking with the SK. We also weren't 100% on any scum yet so we decided it was a good move all around. I became a lot more sold on Ferret throughout the night though and with Karu on the table I'm thinking that this can be the final one-two to end this game.

I leveraged it as a way to prove that I was really speaking with the SK. We also weren't 100% on any scum yet so we decided it was a good move all around. I became a lot more sold on Ferret throughout the night though and with Karu on the table I'm thinking that this can be the final one-two to end this game.

Can you tell us who was in Mazre's chat?

Sorian

Banned
Probably cuz they have like, a limited number of kills and are counting on us feeding them so they can like, get stronger or whatever. Either way sounds like, super unfab to me.

It was actually my idea for them not to kill. They were ready to go but I wanted proof that they were actually the SK.

Can you tell us who was in Mazre's chat?

This is such a scummy question lol but AbsolutBro already revealed yesterday that Mazre's chat was him, myself, and Mazre. Obviously, with Mazre's death, no one got added yesterday.

Sorian

Banned
Probably cuz they have like, a limited number of kills and are counting on us feeding them so they can like, get stronger or whatever. Either way sounds like, super unfab to me.

Are you going to answer me by the way, Miss Investigator?

I do still need to gauge if you are actually telling the truth though. Is there a reason you haven't actually role claimed yet? You gave results but you didn't say who or what you are.

It was actually my idea for them not to kill. They were ready to go but I wanted proof that they were actually the SK.

This is such a scummy question lol but AbsolutBro already revealed yesterday that Mazre's chat was him, myself, and Mazre. Obviously, with Mazre's death, no one got added yesterday.

Why would it be scummy? Scum who already know who was in Mazre's chat........
Now Absolut isn't scum cause there's no use for Mazre to add him if he was also scum cause they already have another seperate chat for themselves.

On Karu vs Ferret, I'm always going to be inclined to believe a case that hat been hammered out via someone's post history than an out-of-the-blue role claim telling us that this person is totally scum because of my role, guys. And, honestly, going through some Karu's post history, he hasn't done much that I feel is suspect. The most interesting things I got was mentioning squidy's absence D2 (which, if squidy got activated N1, would make it a lot less likely that he is scum considering how stupid it'd be to point cast suspicion on someone most think is town at this point), him going in on Razmos long before Ferret did, and these small nuggets regarding Ferret:

That Boo kill is kinda random. The Ferret-connection seems a little to obvious for my tastes. Maybe one of the less active, less experienced players took a shot in the dark?

In the middle At this point we enter the "gut"-zone. With my spotty memory in mind I could have misplaced some developments here, but either way. Wouldn't put to much weight on whether a person landed in the one or the other category, but overall it is what it is.
towards Town - gryvan, Royal, Ferret, Pop

Now that isn't much, but if Ferret flips scum and we still don't win, then it seems like we have at least a little more proof that Karu is scum. Between that and Sorian's massive, well thought-out post, I feel I have to

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

Also, I recommend that, since we seem to have a free night now, that any motion trackers we have target Scrafty tonight so we can help verify that they're what they claim to be...

Sorian

Banned
Why would it be scummy? Scum who already know who was in Mazre's chat........
Now Absolut isn't scum cause there's no use for Mazre to add him if he was also scum cause they already have another seperate chat for themselves.

Not really scummy anymore, if you remember from yesterday, only one person cared enough to ask me who was in Mazre's chat and that was the scum lost partner, Squidy. Scum seems to only have one lost partner though so you are right, it's not really scummy anymore, the rest of the scum team would know this already.

I, personally, clear Absolut just based on reads alone but I wouldn't clear him because Mazre invited him. I was very suss of Mazre N1 so he may have invited someone to chat who might potentially confuse me or cause me to doubt myself. AB didn't do any of those things N2 though but it is still a possibility.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, Pop's post made me realize I wanted to mention something. I doubt that Squidy was activated. Look back at the conversation that occurred between myself and Razmos after time had ended yesterday but before the role flip. Razmos seemed absolutely thrilled that we, at least, lynched Squidy as well. I don't think that would have been his reaction if he knew Squidy was the lost partner. I did comb through the thread and based on Mazre and Razmos posts, I saw nothing to indicate that Squidy was recruited. How do I explain the kill less night then? Well, I'm not sure now, maybe they did actually target me when I was protected but I still find that weird.

I was actually thinking Scrafty was a roleblocker and she blocked Razmos, saw that no kills, and just assumed she blocked the scum killer. That theory is out the window now though.

Oh, Pop's post made me realize I wanted to mention something. I doubt that Squidy was activated. Look back at the conversation that occurred between myself and Razmos after time had ended yesterday but before the role flip. Razmos seemed absolutely thrilled that we, at least, lynched Squidy as well. I don't think that would have been his reaction if he knew Squidy was the lost partner. I did comb through the thread and based on Mazre and Razmos posts, I saw nothing to indicate that Squidy was recruited. How do I explain the kill less night then? Well, I'm not sure now, maybe they did actually target me when I was protected but I still find that weird.

I was actually thinking Scrafty was a roleblocker and she blocked Razmos, saw that no kills, and just assumed she blocked the scum killer. That theory is out the window now though.

I mean, your soft-claim D2 sounded to me A LOT like a Cop claim, so I think, if I was scum, I'd make you target #1 for that night, with the only thing making me hesitant being the Doc, since they could probably also see that coming from a mile away and would want to keep you safe for whatever info you would provide D3.

Sorian

Banned
I mean, your soft-claim D2 sounded to me A LOT like a Cop claim, so I think, if I was scum, I'd make you target #1 for that night, with the only thing making me hesitant being the Doc, since they could probably also see that coming from a mile away and would want to keep you safe for whatever info you would provide D3.

My soft claim doesn't matter. Mazre knew what I was. Scum would have known I was a gossip and not a cop.

We verified each other by using our role PMs because the ability portion of our PMs were basically word for word mirrors. I doubt Mazre thought I was anything else.

My soft claim doesn't matter. Mazre knew what I was. Scum would have known I was a gossip and not a cop.

We verified each other by using our role PMs because the ability portion of our PMs were basically word for word mirrors. I doubt Mazre thought I was anything else.

Shit, forgot that detail. Still, you had clear info on a scum target and that had to have given scum pause. I can see why they would have decided to roll the dice and hope you wouldn't be protected that night rather than go for a target that was much more likely to be killable.

Are you going to answer me by the way, Miss Investigator?

Fine, if it like, matters that much to you...

The nametag I got in my like, travel package had the name "Carlos" on it but like, that's totally not my name (plus it didn't fit on my bikini top) so I like totally threw it out.

The package also said that my like, ESPN powers were sometimes referred to as like, "an alignment investigator" but like I prefer the title "hot-or-not decider" cuz it has like, an extra ring to it, y'know?

Also, I recommend that, since we seem to have a free night now, that any motion trackers we have target Scrafty tonight so we can help verify that they're what they claim to be...

Are you like, stupid, or have you just not been paying attention? If I were like, a bad girl, why would I have like, lead the charge against my partner yesterday, even before there was any pressure on him? That's like, totally counter to what any sensible bad girl would do, like duuuuuuuh!

My power is 100% accurate, y'know. So far it's cleared like, Sorian and Mike, but shown that Karu's a bad guy. I will not budge one inch today.

Sorian

Banned
Shit, forgot that detail. Still, you had clear info on a scum target and that had to have given scum pause. I can see why they would have decided to roll the dice and hope you wouldn't be protected that night rather than go for a target that was much more likely to be killable.

Yeah, I've thought about it and I see how it is possible, still seems silly though because the other people in my gossip chat would have had the same information as me and could have just come forward instead but yeah, at the end of the day, it may have just been the simple answer, they went for me hoping that Setre found me suspicious or was mad that I swung votes at him, they gambled and lost.

Sorian

Banned

The nametag I got in my like, travel package had the name "Carlos" on it but like, that's totally not my name (plus it didn't fit on my bikini top) so I like totally threw it out.

The package also said that my like, ESPN powers were sometimes referred to as like, "an alignment investigator" but like I prefer the title "hot-or-not decider" cuz it has like, an extra ring to it, y'know?

I'm confused what this is. Carlos isn't psychic. I'm unsurprised that Carlos would be the investigator, that was my assumption from the beginning but no, this flavor makes no sense.

The nametag I got in my like, travel package had the name "Carlos" on it but like, that's totally not my name (plus it didn't fit on my bikini top) so I like totally threw it out

My power is 100% accurate, y'know. So far it's cleared like, Sorian and Mike, but shown that Karu's a bad guy. I will not budge one inch today.

You copied his role? Or really just the flavor for the game

Palmer_v1

3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.

Bolded.

No part of a Role PM should be used as confirmation of a player. Even the formatting of a PM can be telling, and the game is about social deductions, not meta ones.

They can paraphrase it, however.

3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.

Bolded.

By your logic, Palmer, anyone who refers to their role by their character/role name is in violation of this rule, though.

Top Bottom