• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Oh...

5081e849afa96f07ad000048.jpg

It's a joke y'all, I was just kidding!

I was kidding. :D

hehehee...~

;_;

Yay town won!!

*________*

u r so presh~

XD

squidyj

And I still didn't realize that Ultra was the target :p

Another luck draw for town.
1. Out of all the choices, Mazre invites the sole town gossip
2. Out of all town looking, Sorian invites the SK who can NK Mazre.
3. Out of everyone, scum targets the serial killer who is NK immune.
4. Despite Raz already being lynched we doubly lynch squid who would otherwise have looked very town after that.
5. Once again, out of everyone remaning Scrafty investigates Karu who has stayed under the radar of most of town and turned it to be the sole remaning scum player.

Remove 1, 2, 3 or 4 and things are looking much better for scum.

I honestly believe that remove all 5 and scum still doesn't win even 10%

If you keep playing please continue to do characters, they are so much fun to read. Also I'm to lazy to look back through the thread can you point out your breadcrumbs for me?

hell yeah ill be playing again, and as a different character too,

also i will definitely try to be way more active next time round.

also heres the breadcrumbs i remember, i think there may be some other subtler ones.

i can safely say that the leaks in my proverbial boat have been thoroughly plugged and the ship has set on a fine voyage, so y'all can expect to be seeing me round these parts a lot more, ill even try to post enough for two just to make it up to you.

alrighty then, keep'in it in two's does make it more interesting.

so if 10 people have to stick with their votes on Raz, leavin us with 9 votes left 'free', would that mean 5 votes on someone else is now a majority on them?
this was said when there were only 8 votes left.

Sorian

Banned

also heres the breadcrumbs i remember, i think there may be some other subtler ones.

Oh man, that last one was good. I'm surprised I didn't notice it. Usually I'm a stickler for correcting weird inconsistencies like that.

Those are pretty good breadcrumbs.

Character suggestion for the future, surfer dude. It would have played so well with Scrafy this game, but the prospector was great

Jiging.gif

UltraJay

Goddamnit! I go to sleep tight before my glorious victory!

I honestly told Retro that my role felt really OP on night 1 since I could try to appeal to town.

I maniacally laughed at the following:
Being invited to gossip chat.
"Here's my reads. Leaning town: UltraJay. He's the towniest town that ever towned."

Anyone suspicious of the neutral I thought was Steve.

I really thought that mafia would be in lynch mode on me if they failed to kill me. Then I got scared when Sorian said that alignments in his chat would be revealed. I made a plan to kill Ty4on if Sorian died. In the end, I decided to kill Mazre in order to earn trust.

I wish I got a chance to have a crazy breakdown post.

No one ever voted me. Not once.

UltraJay

I got scared everytime someone said that they had suspicions of someone that wouldn't name just yet. Off the top of my head I can think of Cuppa and Gryvan's posts.

Gryvan, why were you so sus of me. I was soooo town.

I wasn't thinking my final posts were giving away my SK nature, but just my gossip chat status.

I really wanted to post something like "Had fun killing you guys!" or something to out myself at the end but I wasn't sure if my win ^^.

Sorian

Banned
I got scared everytime someone said that they had suspicions of someone that wouldn't name just yet. Off the top of my head I can think of Cuppa and Gryvan's posts.

I wasn't thinking my final posts were giving away my SK nature, but just my gossip chat status.

I really wanted to post something like "Had fun killing you guys!" or something to out myself at the end but I wasn't sure if my win ^^.

You were a lot more worried than you needed to be, it was cute in gossip chat.

Yes, yes, you're very clever.

I still cannot believe you managed to sell that.

I can sell sand in a desert Retro. It's my power.

Palmer_v1

Do you see Retro? DO YOU SEE?

#prostrats

I'm going to brag on that one, it was a great lie.

you tricked a new guy! That barely counts.

Anyway, the one change I did try to get Retro to make was changing the scum gossip. I told him the moment both gossips were revealed, they would assume one was scum.

In hindsight, I would also have changed the insanity effect to make it more clear that it could be used to recruit.

Sorian

Banned

Anyway, the one change I did try to get Retro to make was changing the scum gossip. I told him the moment both gossips were revealed, they would assume one was scum.

In hindsight, I would also have changed the insanity effect to make it more clear that it could be used to recruit.

I tricked 100% of the people who I invited to my chat. Ty4on isn't new :mad:

RetroMG

Really, I should have gone with a third gossip, which was the original plan way back when. There were going to be two town gossips and one scum gossip.

Sorian

Banned
One thing I wasn't sure about. If Karu used the insanity on Squidy, I know it would have recruited him but would Squidy have still have had to do whatever (haiku, song, etc,.)?

RetroMG

One thing I wasn't sure about. If Karu used the insanity on Squidy, I know it would have recruited him but would Squidy have still have had to do whatever (haiku, song, etc,.)?

Yes.

In addition:
A kill obviously would not have taken effect.
A gossip invite would have taken effect, because the invitee would need to show up or risk blowing their cover. Whether or not it would consume an invite would be based on what the scum gossip had told the thread.

Yup.

Since I'm collaborating with Palmer on a future Gravity Falls game and I know he won't let three gossips fly, they were going to be Toby Determined, Chaundra Jimenez, and Bill Cipher.

Those make sense. I was expecting Lazy Susan, but the flavour behind a Toby role makes me laugh.

Yup.

Since I'm collaborating with Palmer on a future Gravity Falls game and I know he won't let three gossips fly, they were going to be Toby Determined, Chaundra Jimenez, and Bill Cipher.

Bill Cipher? Ultimate Gravity Falls bad guy gets put in as a Gossip?

Edit: Third gossip should be Tambry

Bill Cipher? Ultimate Gravity Falls bad guy gets put in as a Gossip?

Bill's powers were pretty limited
you know before the last few episodes
, and with his character basically whispering in the ears of people to manipulate a gossip actually makes quite a bit of sense in my opinion.

Edit: I didn't even think of Tambry, I agree with you Absolut.

Bill's powers were pretty limited
you know before the last few episodes
, and with his character basically whispering in the ears of people to manipulate a gossip actually makes quite a bit of sense in my opinion.

He could read minds and possess people. Remember the puppet show episode?

Yeah but they person had to agree to let Bill in. I'm also not sure how you would work the possession into the game. Mind reading kinda lines up with being a gossip if it's played right.

Hm, true enough. I didn't mean possession as an actual mafia role, btw, just that his powers weren't really limited to whispering in people's ears. He could at least be a role blocker or something.

UltraJay

It's just crazy how they went from thinking of inviting Squidy to inviting Sorian to the gossip chat.

It was a bad play from scum to just believe that I was protected. They were told of a night kill immune neutral player but I guess they were too busy with damage control to think about deflecting with a neutral hunt. Scrafty and flush would have jumped on the chance 😒.

squidyj

i would have changed a lot of things. a lot of things.

gryvan

There were 3 things that made me point that you were highly suspicious and likely scum

I think the first time was when mazre died, I looked at that list and saw ultrajay on his I think scum list or town list (don't remember)

1. You were posting decent amounts but nobody basically pointed fingers at you
2. You reminded of me where nobody was really pointing fingers except casually checking to see if they are alive.
3. I didn't see you pushing for a lot of people and I think you were just bandwagoning off people which puts you under the radar with a lot of people = highly suspicious

hence why I thought of that mind game nonsense which apparently worked lol

Ty4on

Do you see Retro? DO YOU SEE?

#prostrats

I'm going to brag on that one, it was a great lie.
I believed you, but you started slipping a little near the end.
Sorian said:
Also, remember, if I am dead, pretend that there are 3 people in here instead of only two. You don't need to be upfront with that but if asked, you can mention it. Make scum think that killing you doesn't destroy this chat. Yes, it is a lie, but there is no way for them to know that, as far as they are concerned, I was alive for 3 days so I must have invited 3 people.

Sorian said:
When I'm feeling less lazy (so tomorrow sometime), I am going to draft up a post in here about everything that I want to relay to the thread on Monday. If I should die, I would like UltraJay to pass it along to the thread, you can't direct quote me but you can paraphrase anything I say and the thread is expecting information from somebody anyway. I choose UltraJay over you Ty4on because I think there will be less pushback if UltraJay presents the information, I acted suss of you Ty on day 1 and basically ignored you on my reads lists on day 2 so I could see someone trying to use that against you if you claim that I had you in my gossip chat. You are also both ordinary so it's a wash there in terms of protecting a PR.

It was great leverage for Jay in retrospect :p

Sorian

Banned
I believed you, but you started slipping a little near the end.

It was great leverage for Jay in retrospect :p

It was becoming less likely that lie was needed and more likely that we had to fool scum of there was more than one left. But yeah, there were few times throughout where I just forgot that was a thing. My main worry was that I was going to invite scum night 1 but it didn't seem like you were scum so I got more relaxed.

RetroMG

Oh, BTW, honest question I've been wanting to ask for weeks. Where did people get the idea that I put a Tanner into this game?

Was it just because I said people are allowed to vote for themselves?

Palmer will tell you that my game designs are nutso, but even I'm not dumb enough to put a Tanner in a main season game.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, BTW, honest question I've been wanting to ask for weeks. Where did people get the idea that I put a Tanner into this game?

Palmer will tell you that my game designs are nutso, but even I'm not dumb enough to put a Tanner in a main season game.

Oh, you guys don't want me to run a main season game then? :D

I remember that coming up, I don't think you really did anything to make people think that Retro. It's just on the day 1 bingo card. We start by debating lynch vs. no lynch. Then someone yells at someone else for inactivity even though it's only been 5 hours and then once we all start getting along, someone needs to wonder out loud if there is a tanner in the game because the mod of the game said something one time in a past life that vaguely resembled wanting to add a tanner to the game.

Palmer_v1

I thought it was me baiting them with jokes from other threads.

i.e. I had a tanner in WW, but took it out when I saw the ones in your game.

Karu

On mobile so only a few words - as always - all over the place ;-)

- First day went over my head, embarrasing first "real" post did wonders in getting the heat off me, at least it seemed so. Not intentional, though haha
- it seemed we went with the flow first few days, chat was pretty much inactive. With razmos and mazre calling the shots it seemed that everything was under controll, very little input by myself
- The moment I was the only one left I felt more in controll of my own action, but that was all for naught heh, of xcourse.
- With all that said game was plenty fun and Im afraid you will see me again!
- Sorian, screw you! :D I was all like "hahahaha" and whoooops. Though admittely, in the heat of the moment I haven't considered you just ignoring my power and yeah... Was still useful in regards to Ty4on getting some confusion in the mix, but overall? Eh..
-At least I was right choosing setre and coppa over you if it's true that you were saved every single night. But then came coppa along. Power-overload omg!

Sorian

Banned

- First day went over my head, embarrasing first "real" post did wonders in getting the heat off me, at least it seemed so. Not intentional, though haha
- it seemed we went with the flow first few days, chat was pretty much inactive. With razmos and mazre calling the shots it seemed that everything was under controll, very little input by myself
- The moment I was the only one left I felt more in controll of my own action, but that was all for naught heh, of xcourse.
- Sorian, screw you! :D I was all like "hahahaha" and whoooops. Though admittely, in the heat of the moment I haven't considered you just ignoring my power and yeah... Was still useful in regards to Ty4on getting some confusion in the mix, but overall? Eh..
-At least I was right choosing setre and coppa over you if it's true that you were saved every single night. But then came coppa along. Power-overload omg!

Hey, in the end, I'm glad you had fun. You had a great showing as a scum virgin. Like I said earlier, you were definitely coming off as new town just trying to follow along with what was happening so you were flying under my radar for sure (at least for now, I had a whole short list ready for Jay to start killing, you were just lower on that list). Without Scrafty, I'm sure night 4 would have been a mess trying to figure out who to get Jay to kill.

I'm sorry for ignoring your power :p With the consequence being a role block and my chat in a fine place, I didn't even worry about it when I got the message (much to Retro's sadness). At least now everyone can look forward to Retro's next game where the PM he sends out to you will just say:

"HAIKU OR DIE"

RetroMG

I thought it was me baiting them with jokes from other threads.

i.e. I had a tanner in WW, but took it out when I saw the ones in your game.

It started before you said that, though. Looking over the thread this morning, I think it's because I said people were allowed to vote for themselves, which is what I did in Animal Crossing. Sometimes you have to die so that people can see things more clearly. Sometimes you have to make that happen yourself.

I'm sorry for ignoring your power :p With the consequence being a role block and my chat in a fine place, I didn't even worry about it when I got the message (much to Retro's sadness). At least now everyone can look forward to Retro's next game where the PM he sends out to you will just say:

"HAIKU OR DIE"

Future consequences will be much more severe.

Actually, I'm not really mad at you anymore about it, Sorian, mostly mad at myself. I really didn't think anyone would ignore it, but I should have realized the risk/reward aspect.

Also, taking your Gossip Chat altogether would have been such a deliciously amazing punishment that I'm sad I didn't think about it when you first asked. (To be fair, I was juggling about sixteen other tasks at that moment.) I mentioned the whole thing to my wife, (who avidly follows all of these games through my stories,) and she acted like taking the chat itself should have been incredibly obvious.

It's super weird to me that I have the reputation in Gafia as the "nice guy" when I take such joy out of watching all of you suffer.

Sorian

Banned
Future consequences will be much more severe.

Actually, I'm not really mad at you anymore about it, Sorian, mostly mad at myself. I really didn't think anyone would ignore it, but I should have realized the risk/reward aspect.

Also, taking your Gossip Chat altogether would have been such a deliciously amazing punishment that I'm sad I didn't think about it when you first asked. I mentioned the whole thing to my wife, (who avidly follows all of these games through my stories,) and she acted like taking the chat itself should have been incredibly obvious.

It's super weird to me that I have the reputation in Gafia as the "nice guy" when I take such joy out of watching all of you suffer.

I mean, at the end of the day, it wouldn't have been much of a change either way. I only pushed back since you did tell me one thing and then swerved another way, I did purposely ask before breaking the curse :p

I still stand by what I said though, there was no way that taking Big Rico's away made any sense at all.

Sorian

Banned
That was purely me being vindictive. ^_^ I was mad at you, and I apologize.

Being an impartial moderator is HARD, you guys.

Do it how I run ONUW.

"Oh man, I totally messed up that rule, let me edit it after the fact and see if anyone notices."

>_>

I don't remember exactly what it was but I do remember that someone was confused on what happened but didn't specifically ask if I changed anything.

Coppanuva

I have no idea. Was it just cause I voted on myself and people were like "why would you do that?!"
Also I totally lied about that, the wheel didn't land on me, I just like messing with people.

It was fun playing with you! You did pretty well overall, I wouldn't have suspected you had Scrafty not investigated you conclusively (and I mean I was dead at that point anyhow). I probably would've done the same thing you did that last night anyhow. You had 2 kills and few people on your tail, makes sense to choose 2 high-value targets. At worst, you were basically guaranteed to take out 1 of them and be doc-blocked by Setre. At best you got the doctor and a high-poster out of the way. Bad luck that you killed someone who restricted your power the next night, but I didn't really do any bread-crumbing or anything to my role, so it was moreso blind unluck if you ask me.

Look forward to more games with you in the future!

Sorian

Banned
I have no idea. Was it just cause I voted on myself and people were like "why would you do that?!"
Also I totally lied about that, the wheel didn't land on me, I just like messing with people.

Yeah, for real though, how many of you chucklefucks actually RNG voted at the start? That's my thing and I do actually always throw you all into a RNG and vote who it spits out then everyone did it and it wasn't fun ;_;

*Splinter

btw Retro, if you don't want people to ignore a curse, don't tell them there is a punishment for it. With a punishment, it implies they have a choice (accept the curse or accept this other thing), without a punishment it's pretty much a game rule: you are cursed and will do as I say

I guess a mod kill is implied in that, same as any rule

(This is why Zatoth never needed a punishment in Crhulhu)

Ty4on

btw Retro, if you don't want people to ignore a curse, don't tell them there is a punishment for it. With a punishment, it implies they have a choice (accept the curse or accept this other thing), without a punishment it's pretty much a game rule: you are cursed and will do as I say

I guess a mod kill is implied in that, same as any rule

(This is why Zatoth never needed a punishment in Crhulhu)
I prefer being given clear rules (Haiku or die). Otherwise I'll keep PMing the game runner.

Sorian

Banned
Retro told me that I had been targeted but hadn't locked my gossip boards yet and I had to struggle with myself.

"He probably doesn't want me to tell them I've been targeted but I really want to."

Top Bottom