• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
shaowebb said:
Envy? Of what? You got a nice looking set of hardware specs on your PS3 but your game library has maybe 3 buyable games on it that are not already on another system.
And now there's potential of one of them porting.

Well, no matter how you slice it the evidence is pretty clear. As far as envy, of course a dev is going to say others "envy" a console exclusive game of theirs. On to the evidence:
-PS3 power logo (image posted earlier)
-Green (color of envy, who would "envy" a port or multiplatform release)
-! (Ac!d, a Sony family exclusive game)

harSon

Banned
I haven't read through the entire thread but maybe it means a reboot/restart of the franchise? Possibly a remake of Metal Gear 1/2 (NES) or a remake of Metal Gear Solid?

Orobi

OMG!!!! Green is the color of mgs5 for xbox!!! But it's also the name of devs....!!!!!!
2elfc0k.jpg

No bluray needed!!!!!!

diunxx

shaowebb said:
Envy? Of what? You got a nice looking set of hardware specs on your PS3 but your game library has maybe 3 buyable games on it that are not already on another system.
And now there's potential of one of them porting.

:lol I love this kind of threads.

Rocksteady33

i = Acid
! = Excitement

Metal Gear Ac!d Chronicles for Xbox 360

Updated versions of Metal Gear Ac!d and Metal Gear Ac!d 2 with added levels, online functionality and bonus content.

AmMortal

Banned
harSon said:
I haven't read through the entire thread but maybe it means a reboot/restart of the franchise? Possibly a remake of Metal Gear 1/2 (NES) or a remake of Metal Gear Solid?

Man, I really hope so. Seriously.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Rocksteady33 said:
i = Acid
! = Excitement

Metal Gear Ac!d Chronicles for Xbox 360

Updated versions of Metal Gear Ac!d and Metal Gear Ac!d 2 with added levels, online functionality and bonus content.

next Metal Gear , I guess new series of Metal Gear ( no Ac!d no Solid no Online ) like a new exclusive Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear *something * for Xbox 360 , maybe FPS Metal Gear for X360 ? :O

AmMortal

Banned
Totobeni said:
next Metal Gear , I guess new series of Metal Gear ( no Ac!d no Solid no Online ) like a new exclusive Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear *something * for Xbox 360 , maybe FPS Metal Gear for X360 ? :O

There's no such thing.

Haha, it's really funny how people read whatever they want to hear, including those Microsoft fanboys at 1UP.

First of all, I bet this has nothing to do with a canon Metal Gear title or a Metal Gear Solid game. It's just Metal Gear and most probably the next Ac!d game for PSP.

Second of all, Microsoft had not invented the green color, nor the power button... judging like you, I can say the next Metal Gear game will be for my microwave.

And third and last of all, knowing Konami... this page will probably stay up for more than a year with nothing announced.

HUELEN10

NeoGAFFer said:
you are so excited, you have actually fallen for every single joke in this thread :lol
I haven't fallen for ANY jokes. THat is why I ask to elaborate. Behind every joke there is a shred of truth, and if we keep thinking critically, our chances on future and more intelligent guesses will rise. It is sad you think I am being fooled. Truth be told, MGS is not even in my top 5 franchises. I love it, but I am not THAT into it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Totobeni said:

Well if you're going to engage in rancid speculation, at least back it up with some facts. All this "MGS on 360" stuff is pure BS and guessing without support.

Also the idea that Kojima would defile the franchise by letting it become an FPS game is almost as funny as the idea that he would renig on his promise and put it on 360.

shpankey

not an idiot
Don't have time to read the whole thread at work, but caught the first and last, perhaps someone can finish this for me...

Common:
Power symbol is used on all.
6 month timeline of exclusivity is only days away.
Huge install base = money. Kojima likes money.

Case for 360:
Color green is recognized as significant to Xbox 360.
The power symbol lit green is significant to Xbox 360.
MSFT has openly pushed to get Kojima on 360 (ad in mag, etc.)
The "!" symbol is recognized as significatn to an AC!D game. Would fit XBLA.

Case against 360:
Why have an "i" in formula?

Case for Wii:
The "i" is recognized as significant to Wii.
The "!" symbol is recognized as significatn to an AC!D game, which would fit Wii.

Case against Wii:
Why use the color green?
Why is power symbol lit green?

Case for iPhone:
Kojima openly and publicly in love with it.
The "!" symbol is recognized as significatn to an AC!D game, which would fit iPhone.

Case against iPhone:
Why use the color green?

I don't have much time, but that's what I've got from you all so far. Any other pluses? Any minuses?

ultim8p00

Banned
Nervous Hamster said:
Haha, it's really funny how people read whatever they want to hear, including those Microsoft fanboys at 1UP.

First of all, I bet this has nothing to do with a canon Metal Gear title or a Metal Gear Solid game. It's just Metal Gear and most probably the next Ac!d game for PSP.

Second of all, Microsoft had not invented the green color, nor the power button... judging like you, I can say the next Metal Gear game will be for my microwave.

And third and last of all, knowing Konami... this page will probably stay up for more than a year with nothing announced.

it begins :lol :lol

Zeliard

harSon said:

I think the most telling thing about it is that it simply says "Metal Gear" without anything else like "Solid". It's very possible it's a remake of one or both of the original Metal Gears (or Ac!d) for XBLA, the latter of which would fit with the general 360 vibe that this gives off to so many. As far as why they wouldn't also release it to PSN, it could simply be to throw 360 owners a bone, since the PS3 has MGS4.

Evlar

Banned
I think we should scour we the gaming landscape for other tell-tale signs of 360 porting. Remember, the key to this cipher is the color green. I'll start.

While recently playing Super Mario Galaxy I unlocked this character as a sort of easter egg:
405501-111130-luigi_large.jpg

This is plainly just a re-skinning of Mario to green, the clearest and best evidence we could hope for of Nintendo's intention to port Galaxy to the XBox 360. Look for announcements of collaboration between MS and Nintendo in the very near future.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
AstroLad said:
All this "MGS on 360" stuff is pure BS and guessing without support.
Come on, dude. Only one console on the market right now has a glowing green power light like that. It's a perfectly logical connection to make.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
from wikipedia

In Unicode the capital I is codepoint U+0049 and the lower case i is U+0069.

The ASCII code for capital I is 73 and for lowercase i is 105; or in binary 01001001 and 01101001, respectively.

The EBCDIC code for capital I is 201 and for lowercase i is 137.

The numeric character references in HTML and XML are "I" and "i" for upper and lower case, respectively.

[edit] See also

if we pull a 3 out of thin air

AAAAND XML looks like XBL...

Zeliard

shpankey said:
Don't have time to read the whole thread at work, but caught the first and last, perhaps someone can finish this for me...

Common:
Power symbol is used on all.
6 month timeline of exclusivity is only days away.
Huge install base = money. Kojima likes money.

Case for 360:
Color green is recognized as significant to Xbox 360.
The power symbol lit green is significant to Xbox 360.
MSFT has openly pushed to get Kojima on 360 (ad in mag, etc.)

Case against 360:
Why have an "i" in formula?

Case for Wii:
The "i" is recognized as significant to Wii.
The "!" symbol is recognized as significatn to an AC!D game, which would fit Wii.

Case against Wii:
Why use the color green?

Case for iPhone:
Kojima openly and publicly in love with it.
The "!" symbol is recognized as significatn to an AC!D game, which would fit iPhone.

Case against iPhone:
Why use the color green?

I don't have much time, but that's what I've got from you all so far. Any other pluses? Any minuses?

Another case for iPhone:

The lower-case "i" featured in the formula is, I believe, an Apple trademark when preceding the rest of the product name (could be very wrong on this), and it's found on a variety of their products. So it could be a nod towards that.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Is Astrolad real? Serious question. I don't keep up with this stuff. I actually tried to go to Gamecube Hut.

herod

shpankey said:

:lol :lol

Gomu Gomu

zaccheus said:
yay if this is true im getting a 360 instead :D

If you're gonna buy a console for a MGS .. and you haven't bought a PS3 for MGS4 .. then you are one strange fellow indeed :lol

do yourself a favor and buy a 360.

Top Bottom