• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

o08dqo.png

The Jer

okay.... so....

ipod/iphone + Metal Gear

so there's something for the iphone or ipod. possibly the DSi, I guess...

I haven't read the thread because it's wicked long. I'm confused as to how this became such a long thread so fast... GAF really likes Metal Gear, I guess.

shpankey

not an idiot
gcubed said:
360 owners = philly fans confirmed
Philly fans boo'd Santa tho. Santa man... SANTA!

Also cheer'd when Irvin went down with a career ending injury.

Philly's color is green.

Xbox fans color is green.

Money is color green.

Put it all together man!

RetroMG

Jocchan said:
I have a theory.
We all know Kojima wanted Snake's story arc to end with MGS4, so if this is indeed a new chapter we're supposed to play as a new character.
So, being Otacon an otaku, and being MGS set in the USA, we can all agree it's some sort of reference to American superhero comics.
And what American superhero is green? The obvious answer is Hulk.
So, we'd be supposed to think the new main character will be Hulk.
Right? Wrong, you fell right in Kojima's trap: there's a red Hulk now.
And this is the subtle hint: green that turns red, just like the 360 RRoD.
And how many red lights are there when your 360 dies? Three.
Put all those hints together and you have MGS Triology on the 360.

You win the thread.

Seriously, I would cry tears of pure chocolate happiness if it were MGS4 for 360.
I would still be pretty happy if it were the MGS Trilogy Pack remade for 360. (Though I'd request an option to turn off the FPS Aim for MGS1, just to silence the people who say it made the game "too easy.")
I would be sad if it were an MGS game for iPhone/iPod touch, though sadly that's what I suspect it's going to be.

SolidC213

If i had to guess i would say it means that production on it has started. But seriously Konami WTF!?!? give us SOMETHING! :lol
Would be VERY cool to see what Hideo can pull off on the Wii.

kiUNiT

ronito said:
Watch it be just metal gear acid on the iphone. The disappointmentton would be epic.
Does'nt matter, thread has already delivered and we can get more LOLz the next time it resurfaces.

dork

Banned
i didnt read the whole thread, but it at least took 2 pages for anyone to notice that the power button is the ps3 button

sony_playstation_3-1.jpg

FrankT

Uh, what PS3 power button glows green like that? Special edition? Both mine are metallic. Or are those the photoshop skills, heh.

Pojo

Banned
Lebron said:
Yup, everybody get low. It may get a little ugly in here
2wnsme8.jpg
:lol I just watched that episode. :p

Unfortunately, I've hated every non-mainline MGS game (except Ghost Babel, or whatever the GBC game was named), and I doubt we'll be seeing MGS5 anytime soon. I'm assuming it's either a port to the 360 or something to do with Ac!d.

Hence the !.

Meh?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Hy_ said:
The PS3 has a power button?
If you press it, your PS3 connects to surrounding consoles via Internet, to gather their unused power and increase its performances so you can have 120 fps in your games. Or so I hear.

:lol

It could be anything, but the green power light is obviously synonymous with the 360 given the context (the main MGS games being for major consoles, the 360 being the only one with such a power button and it's a major feature of the design). No matter what the add's for it's obviously there to create controversy by making people it's an MG game for the 360, not about it being for your prints or monitors.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Spirit of Jazz said:
:lol

It could be anything, but the green power light is obviously synonymous with the 360 given the context (the main MGS games being for major consoles, the 360 being the only one with such a power button and it's a major feature of the design). No matter what the add's for it's obviously there to create controversy by making people it's an MG game for the 360, not about it being for your prints or monitors.
Nope,the PS3 and Wii also have a power button. :lol

panda21

where the hell is everyone seeing MGST?! :lol

everyone keeps referring to a t and as far as i can see the only 't' on that page is in 'metal' and 'next'

fin

I don't think it's an 'i' more likely an up-side-down !.

i + ! = |

Adding a ! to the 360 light should be taken as alerting 360 users, just like in the game.

I'd pay another $60 for the 360 version of MGS4, it'll give me a good reson to play through it again. It's that good. A Wii version? Not so much.

Top Bottom