• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp |OT| I want you inside me on July 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
btw i was not aware that Beth Dover who played Shari (and who i find gorgeous) is married to Jo Lo Truglio in real life

Yep! Have you ever seen Burning Love? Has a bunch of the same people, parody of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. In season 3 they have quite a few scenes together.

EDIT: Oh, didn't even see the response above me. :) High five!

OMG VICTOR

U DID AWESOME VICTOR

VICTOR DO U THINK HE KNEW IT WAS U VICTOR

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😃😂😃😃

VICTOR DO U THINK HE KNEW IT WAS U VICTOR

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💀💀💀

🗿
This was my favorite scene of the series. Followed closely by Victor pretending to fuck that dude's ear and getting overly into it.

Ryaaan14

Banned
This was my favorite scene of the series. Followed closely by Victor pretending to fuck that dude's ear and getting overly into it.

I was also dying during "I have to go to the bathroom" "Go in the lake" "It's #2" "So?"

I can't believe they actually made this funnier than the movie.

Really great prequel to a great movie. I almost had wished that they just cut the end credits out of each episode and made it one long movie honestly. But regardless, it was amazing. Much better executed than Arrested Development's fourth season

border

I wish that the celebrity cameos had been as limited as Kristen Wiig's. They gave her a couple short scenes that play to her strengths and called it a day. John Slattery, Jason Schwartzman, Michael Cera -- at best their talents were wasted, and at worst their characters were annoying distractions that took away screen time from the original cast members.

rexor0717

I'm half way through. I never watched the movie, but the show is pretty great. The scene with
the girl going into the bathroom and coming out a grown woman
had me rolling. This and Kimmy Schmidt are both shows that will be great on rewatch.

I wish that the celebrity cameos had been as limited as Kristen Wiig's. They gave her a couple short scenes that play to her strengths and called it a day. John Slattery, Jason Schwartzman, Michael Cera -- at best their talents were wasted, and at worst their characters were annoying distractions that took away screen time from the original cast members.

i've only seen 4 episodes but so far schwartzman has been one of the best things about the show

Man

Just binge-watched the whole thing with my girl and we both thought it was amazing. It started hitting on all cylinders somewhere between episode 2 and 3. We have yet to see the movie.

Incredible how much you end up caring for all the characters and subplots in all this silliness.

thenexus6

Just watched the movie for the first time, and the first episode. I thought the movie was super easy to watch. Great goofy fun. I am so surprised that so much of the original cast is back for this. It's really awesome.

It's funny how its like 14 years after but this is set 8 weeks before the movie with almost everyone looking fat and old now haha.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Just watched the movie for the first time, and the first episode. I thought the movie was super easy to watch. Great goofy fun. I am so surprised that so much of the original cast is back for this. It's really awesome.

It's funny how its like 14 years after but this is set 8 weeks before the movie with almost everyone looking fat and old now haha.

There's a funny reference to that later on

Milchmann

Imo Schwartzman and Cera were great.

Huh? I think Wain has done some great stuff. Role Models was very clever.

Anyway, finally got my Netflix up. Looking forward to checking the show out tomorrow.

Yeah I totally forgot about Role Models, def enjoyed that. Love his v.o. work too, especially on Superjail. Pretty lttp on this but just started watching Children's Hospital, didn't know he worked on that, been diggin it so far.

I'm really taking my time with this show, only watched 3 episodes, but it's going batshit insane, and I love it for it. So many unnecessary additions to the general plot that make this awesome.

H. Jon Benjamin is Bob and will always be Bob. Anytime he talks, it's Bob's Burgers.

Through 5 episodes and this is a great little show. Never saw the movie, but this is some really good comedy. I hope they continue to roll with it. Also I love how the entire season takes place over the course of 1 day.

Also, I'm fairly confident radio guy is unplugged and no one hears him. Just a guess, though.

"God damn it, Katie, Why do you have to be so high and mighty, huh? What's it like living up in the clouds, Katie? Huh? What do you have for dinner up in the clouds, Katie?! A Filet Mig-ong?"

Love the prequel's take on Paul Rudd
being the main character by introducing an even bigger douche
, even if the
camp Tigerclaw
stuff isn't the hottest.

Agree with a previous poster, should've just been one four hour long movie, or at least introduce the idea of watching it as one solid chunk, no breaks.

I really wish people would stop getting plastic surgery on their lips. It never looks better and it always looks the same as everyone else who has their lips done. I had such a crush on Janeane Garofalo back in the day and haven't seen her in anything in ages, now the first time I see her the only thing I see is that lip work.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
H. Jon Benjamin is Bob and will always be Bob. Anytime he talks, it's Bob's Burgers.

Through 5 episodes and this is a great little show. Never saw the movie, but this is some really good comedy. I hope they continue to roll with it. Also I love how the entire season takes place over the course of 1 day.

Also, I'm fairly confident radio guy is unplugged and no one hears him. Just a guess, though.
You should probably watch the movie.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't believe that this was even better than I was expecting. I'll probably watch the whole thing again tomorrow.

"Let me be perfectly clear: if you back out of the formal, you and me, we're toast; as in, barnt brade."

Salsa

finished it. saw that ending coming the moment they introduced chris pine's character, but it was still great

series exceeded expectations. loved it

2 eps in, not loving it yet. HUGE fan of the movie and Stella and pretty much everything Waino and the boys touch. I have faith they will pull it together. Too much focus on the kids so far for me. Chuckles but very few big laughs. Yet.

4th episode was the best so far. best part was the whole bit with
schwartzman talking into the walkie talkie and then directing the parents to go talk to the scarecrow

Fantastical

Death Prophet
4th episode was the best so far. best part was the whole bit with
schwartzman talking into the walkie talkie and then directing the parents to go talk to the scarecrow

We have one... maybe two hours before that find out that isn't Mitch.
So stupid but hilarious.

Bread

Banned
IMichael Cera -- at best their talents were wasted, and at worst their characters were annoying distractions that took away screen time from the original cast members.
what the hell

he was delightful

him and Michaela Watkins fuckin killed it

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
what the hell

he was delightful

him and Michaela Watkins fuckin killed it
YES, they were both amazing with what little screen time they had. They were two of my favorites out of the whole thing.

sscrew

Watched the entire series yesterday. Not realizing it was a prequel to a movie until I was IMDB'ing something midway through the run and ended up on the movie page. So after the series I watched the movie.

Absolutely loved it. Started a rewatch of Season 1 (only an episode in) to see how much the experience changes second time around and with having seen the movie. Wish I had known this existed before now. Thank god for Netflix. Wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
iPhone call out in the court room was hilarious. "What's that metal thing you're holding to your ear?"

Maximo

Funny after watching the Season and never having watched the movie I wen't back to it. I actually didn't like the movie that much, especially compared to the tv show, just felt like they bumped it up to 10 and made it way more goofy and funny. Not to say the movie was bad, it was just more subtle while the show felt like a parody homage to all things 80s.

Funny after watching the Season and never having watched the movie I wen't back to it. I actually didn't like the movie that much, especially compared to the tv show, just felt like they bumped it up to 10 and made it way more goofy and funny. Not to say the movie was bad, it was just more subtle while the show felt like a parody homage to all things 80s.
I've only seen the first episode but you should definitely watch the movie first. Way too many references that make no sense otherwise. I can't imagine watching the show first.

thenexus6

I liked in the second episode
the girl running into the bathroom on her first period, then comes out a woman as the original actress. lmao

Janeane Garofalo (Beth) looked cute before the botox, ugh what a shame. Elizabeth Banks and Paul Rudd haven't aged a single day!

Bernbaum

I liked in the second episode
the girl running into the bathroom on her first period, then comes out a woman as the original actress. lmao

Janeane Garofalo (Beth) looked cute before the botox, ugh what a shame. Elizabeth Banks and Paul Rudd haven't aged a single day!

Yup, everyone is older and fatter but Paul Rudd looks exactly the same as in the film.

- that's a weird way to wrap a present

- yeah well it works better for multiple takes

Haha - I missed that second line. She says it almost under her breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom