• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What 5 PS4 games would you like to see "enhanced" on the PS5?

Hostile_18

Banned
So it looks like at launch the top 100 games by playtime will be enhanced... I think we can safely assume many first party games will be enhanced as well.

But If you were in charge what five games would you want enhanced? Were only taking about little to no work from the developers so basically;

+Higher FPS
+Increased resolution
+Increased graphical fidelity
+Faster loading

So to be clear no new content or new textures/models etc. What games do you think would most benefit.. or perhaps it would only benefit marginally but it's your favourite game of all time, so would be worth it!

Heres mine;

1: The Witcher 3. Native 4k with increased draw distance. RPGs greatly benefit from increased draw distance and the vistas are already beautiful as is.

2: Cyberpunk 2033. For the same reason as above. I think this game will stretch the PS4 to its limits.

3: The Last of Us: part 2. My most anticipated game of the generation. I'd love to play through it in a enhanced capacity for my grounded run through.

4: Tekken 7. It's a great game, but the loading gets old fast.

5: Bloodborne. It never got a Pro patch and the game has quite a few visual artifacts. It would be amazing to play this again with improved loading, at a higher resolution.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
So it looks like at launch the top 100 games by playtime will be enhanced... I think we can safely assume many first party games will be enhanced as well.

But If you were in charge what five games would you want enhanced? Were only taking about little to no work from the developers so basically;

+Higher FPS
+Increased resolution
+Faster loading

So to be clear no new content or new textures/models etc. What games do you think would most benefit.. or perhaps it would only benefit marginally but it's your favourite game of all time, so would be worth it!

Heres mine;
1: The Wither 3. Native 4k with increased draw distance. RPGs greatly benefit from increased draw distance and the vistas are already beautiful as is.
2: Cyberpunk 2033. For the same reason as above. I think this game will stretch the PS4 to its limits.
3: The Last of Us: part 2. My most anticipated game of the generation. I'd love to play through it in a enhanced capacity for my grounded run through.
5: Bloodborne. It never got a Pro patch and the game has quite a few visual artifacts. It would be amazing to play this again with improved loading, at a higher resolution.
is the Witcher dynamic res os ps4/pro?

Hostile_18

Banned
is the Witcher dynamic res os ps4/pro?

I'm not actually sure. The patches always changed so much from the draw distances long, to short, back to long again and then later adding in HDR. I'm not sure the resolution at all, apart from it been native 4k on the X I think.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Bloodborne 1080p 30 fps. Frame pace fixed. Enhanced enough
361162-437779-punchgif-noscale.jpg

Jesb

So the bc for ps5 the devs have to do work on these games to look and perform better, The hardware isn’t doing the work automatically?

Hostile_18

Banned
So the bc for ps5 the devs have to do work on these games to look and perform better, The hardware isn’t doing the work automatically?

General BC applies to "nearly all" games and runs then with no improvements.

Enhanced BC from the way Mark Cerny was talking looks like its Sony actually doing the enhancements rather than the original devs. It's still unclear though.

Hostile_18

Banned
Dishonoured 1 and 2 would be great to get a FOV slider (as it's so narrow on PS4) but that would be a dev side improvement I'd have thought.

Last edited:

Deto

Banned
Bloodborne 4k 60fps
Horizon Zero Dawn 60fps, LOD "ultra"
God of War 4k CB 60fps
Spiderman 4k 60 fps
Last Guardian 4k 60fps
Days Gone 60 fps.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

My number 1 pick would be Driveclub, but it's not possible since the game was abandoned and it didn't even get a PS4 Pro upgrade.

I'd go with Control, probably the most extreme example of a game too demanding for the current consoles. I'll definitely think about replaying on the PS5 no matter what happens with its future support.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Bloodborne 1080p 30 fps. Frame pace fixed. Enhanced enough
Amen. I can't play that game because of the frame pacing; it's really horrible. It feels like the game is constantly stuttering like its running at 20fps even though it's a solid locked 30.

Bloodborne 4K/60fps
Witcher 3 Enhanced visuals and 60fps
Control 60fps
Far Cry 5 60fps (haven't played it yet)
Rage 2 4K/60fps (haven't played it yet)

Btw. There's so many games I want to replay with 60fps and better visuals!!

Keihart

+Higher FPS
+Increased resolution
+Faster loading

Heres mine;

1: The Witcher 3. Native 4k with increased draw distance. RPGs greatly benefit from increased draw distance and the vistas are already beautiful as is.

Where did you get the information about them being "enhanced"? as i remember, the feature aims to emulate PS4/PS4pro, there shouldn't be further improvements than running games on a PS4pro if any, maybe loadtimes if you install them in the SSD.

Edit: "UPDATE: A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5. We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers. In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going. We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead. Stay tuned!"

Last edited:

Fbh

What I hope:
Every Ps4 exclusive at 60fps. Resolutions as high as possible but I don't care if it isn't native 4K

What I expect:
Increased resolution for most games. FPS increase only for games that had unlocked framerate (Like God of War)

If it's just 5 games:
- Bloodborne (60fps, highest possible resolution)
- God of War (60fps, highest possible resolution)
- Sekiro (60fps, highest possible resolution)
- The last Guardian (60fps, highest possible resolution)
- The Witcher 3 (60fps, highest possible resolution)

93xfan

Banned

+Higher FPS
+Increased resolution
+Faster loading

Heres mine;

The loading in Tekken kept me from getting into it.

To add to your list:

MGS5

GTA5

Red Dead 2

Battlefield 4

Ar¢tos

- Bloodborne (I don't mind the way it is now, but it would bring new life to the servers)
- What Remains of Edith Finch (PSVR2 support)

That's it for me... Only 2 games.

Mista

Banned
I’m going to post exclusives because no point in posting third party games when I have a monster PC:

1- God of War
2- Gravity Rush 2
3- The Last Guardian
4- Uncharted: Lost Legacy
5- Spider-Man or Days Gone

Hostile_18

Banned
To be fair the same games are getting mentioned over and over again. If no game in particular is an issue for Sony to address then they could easy make us enthusiasts happy and the work load manageable.

Top Bottom