• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What album are you ROCKING OUT to tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Man

Only list one, please. You may be listening to more than one record, but only one record could describe your ROCKING OUT mood of the night.

B000002KO3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Viva variety! Widely considered Talking Heads' finest hour (I prefer More Songs About Buildings and Food myself), this Eno-fueled orgiastic frenzy of catharctic clowny world music cannibalism is the epitome of what the Heads are remembered for today. This is the record that defined the on-the-edge vocal style that would become Byrne's trademark (though it was present before). This is the record that inspired Byrne and Eno to work together outside of the band. This is the record that would cement the existence of future music savior Luaka Bop records. Listen to it, love it. Listen tot he rest of the Heads records, too. Potential candidate for greatest band of all time.

Meier

B000006MVE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Had a lot of music on since I am transferring music to my iPod and having to rip it all.. but this is on right now and isnt moving any time soon. Truly one of the all-time greatest albums.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Meier

I dont think I've ever encountered another Crowded House fan on here. Makes me sad.

Brothers In Arms is on now, btw.

I only know the "Hey Now" song by Crowded House. A good song but that's the only one I've ever heard. What are some other good ones?

Anyway, I'm listening to Faith by The Cure. Just bought it the other day. So far I think the best song is "Faith" followed closely by "All Cats are Grey".

B000002H5P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Coen

B0000CDNSC.jpg

Primal Scream's work is amazing, I can't stop jumping and screaming along to it. Dirty Hits captures it perfectly. One of the greatest 'best of...' CDs ever created. Try it!

Coen

White Man said:
Why are Primal Scream ignored today? Weren't they one of the big original britpop bands?

Good question, I haven't got the slightest idea why bands like Primal Scream and Kula Shaker don't get the recognition they deserve. I feel people nowadays regard Britpop as a melancholic, slightly depressive genre. Bands like Coldplay, Oasis and Radiohead are the only really well-known bands to stem from this genre. Primal Scream doesn't seem to fit that picture, causing people to ignore them. I see this happening to Blur too.

Clinic - Winchester Cathedral (Advance)

B00024753O.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm too inebriated to make a proper judgment on the album. The album starts off sounding very much like the Clinic of old, but parts of it, though not different, is a bit too subdued.

Overall, it still sounds very much like Clinic. The album cover sucks though.

Socreges

Banned
The Shins. A mix. Still got to buy both albums.

Is it wrong that I like New Slang a lot more than the rest of their songs (which are still great)?

Substance

"this Eno-fueled orgiastic frenzy of catharctic clowny world music cannibalism is the epitome of what the Heads are remembered for today"

LOL You sure have a surreal way with words.
Anyway I'm just looking into the equally notable catalogue of The Rolling Stones. I should just pick up a load of their records immediately.

Diablos

No album, but I keep on listening to The Outsider by APC (shock). It reminds me of when they used to be good. :)

karasu

This guy suppossedly named Tsubakiya Shijusho, but I search and can't find a single site that mentions him or them. The music really rocks though.

Otherwise

B00028U67M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

White Man

Anyway I'm just looking into the equally notable catalogue of The Rolling Stones. I should just pick up a load of their records immediately.

From 1968 to 1972 the band was the greatest thing going in rock music. I heart the Rolling Stones and I used to take a lot of shit for it before buddies of mine developed their own sorts of musical taste.

Crispy

mg20421.jpg

I already rocked out to it today. It was refreshing listening to Lateralus again after listening to APC and aenima.

I think I'll listen to this later:

science.jpg

White Man

Edition le August 2nd

e63764cbetb.jpg

Well, I'm actually rocking Planet Rock- The Album today, but I can't find the correct cover art, so the cover from the Looking for the Perfect Beat compilation will have to do. Afrika Bambaataa would never ever come close to matching Planet Rock's knee-buckling level of greatness, but I doubt there's a single artist that's ever existed that could follow up a work as epochal and perfect as this. Afrika Bambaataa is effectively the greatest artist of the old school hip hop days, hands down.

Planet Rock is no longer in print. I'd suggest checking out that Looking for the Perfect Beat compilation since it also serves up the salvagable parts of his post-Planet Rock work. Listening to the comp, you can actually pinpoint the exact moment when he discovered Kraftwerk. It's pretty amazing. I wear a beat up AB shirt from time to time and get rather amusing looks. Mighty Zulu Nation, man.

Clutch: Blast Tyrant
B0001MDP5O.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I just picked this up a couple of days ago and I'm really digging it. A lot of the lyrics tend to sound a little nonsensical because it's pretty much a concept album. I think it's quite a bit better than some of the stuff on 'Pure Rock Fury' but it will take a few more listens for me to decide whether it could be on par with 'The Elephant Riders'.

If you indulge in teh ROCK, well...you might just like this.

Dead

well not really...yet
RobotChant said:
Clinic - Winchester Cathedral (Advance)

B00024753O.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm too inebriated to make a proper judgment on the album. The album starts off sounding very much like the Clinic of old, but parts of it, though not different, is a bit too subdued.

Overall, it still sounds very much like Clinic. The album cover sucks though.
this is pretty much my album of the year so far.

Kefkaff

Banned
sefskillz said:
btbama1.jpg

Between the Buried and Me - The Silent Circus

best metal album of 2003

Correction, Edge of Sanity - Crimson II was.

I'm currently rocking out to: Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element. The song(and album) are coming to and end. Brings a tear to my eye. :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom