• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are good online options/jobs to build a passive income over time?

dEvAnGeL

What are considered good options to start an online business that can become passive income overtime? Even if investing is needed, on the minimal side though.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Define how passive you mean? I've made a great side income off website consulting (marketing and technical), fabricating and selling unique 3D parts (for watercooled PC's), and doing video editing for some decent sized companies. Almost all of that just requires some skill will very little investment. Even the 3D printing took only an initial investment of $1500 and I made that back in the first few months. All of it is just pocket change that I do for fun to spend on silly things (Like I just bought a $800 TOS Enterprise statue... I'd never do that if I didn't have a ton of side income to play with).

I'm starting an online business where I give people ideas for starting an online business. If you want to know some of my ideas, Venmo me $500.

My secret is I'll tell you to do the same thing.

Here's what ChatGPT says:
Starting an online business that can generate passive income over time is a great goal, and there are several options that require minimal upfront investment while allowing for scalability. Here are some good options to consider:

1. Affiliate Marketing

• What It Is: Promote products or services from other companies and earn a commission for every sale made through your referral link.
  • How to Start: Create a blog, YouTube channel, or social media profile around a niche you’re passionate about. Join affiliate programs such as Amazon Associates, ShareASale, or CJ Affiliate.

2. Digital Products

• What It Is: Create and sell digital products such as eBooks, online courses, printables, and software.
  • How to Start: Identify a skill or knowledge area you can teach. Use platforms like Teachable, Udemy, or Gumroad to create and market your products.

3. Dropshipping

• What It Is: Sell products through an online store without holding inventory. You only purchase products after making a sale.
  • How to Start: Use eCommerce platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce to set up an online store, and partner with suppliers through platforms like Oberlo or Spocket.

4. Print on Demand

• What It Is: Create designs for products (like t-shirts, mugs, and posters) that are printed and shipped by a third-party company only when you make a sale.
  • How to Start: Use services like Printful, Redbubble, or Teespring to create and sell your products without upfront inventory costs.

5. Blogging or Vlogging

• What It Is: Create content around a specific niche and monetize through ads, sponsored posts, and affiliate links.
  • How to Start: Start a blog using platforms like WordPress and promote it through social media or create a YouTube channel. As your audience grows, you can monetize through Google AdSense or brand partnerships.

6. Creating a Mobile App or Software

• What It Is: Develop an app or software that solves a specific problem and generates income through sales, subscriptions, or ads.
  • How to Start: If you have programming knowledge, you can create your own app, or you can hire freelancers from platforms like Upwork or Fiverr for minimal costs.

7. Stock Photography

• What It Is: Take photos and sell them on stock photography sites, earning a commission every time someone downloads your photo.
  • How to Start: Use your camera or smartphone to capture high-quality images and upload them to platforms like Shutterstock or Adobe Stock.

8. Real Estate Crowdfunding

• What It Is: Invest in real estate properties through crowdfunding platforms, generating rental income and appreciation without managing properties directly.
  • How to Start: Use platforms like Fundrise or RealtyMogul. Many have low minimum investments.

9. Membership Sites

• What It Is: Create exclusive content or a community that people can access through a subscription fee.
  • How to Start: Use platforms like Patreon, MemberPress, or Kajabi to create and promote your membership offering.

10. Investing in Index Funds or ETFs

• What It Is: Invest in a diversified portfolio of stocks or bonds with the potential for passive income through dividends and capital appreciation.
  • How to Start: Use a low-cost brokerage like Vanguard or Fidelity to invest in index funds or ETFs that match your risk tolerance and investment goals.

Tips for Success:​

• Focus on Quality and Value: Whichever option you choose, ensure that you are providing value and quality, as this will lead to customer loyalty and repeat business.
  • Learn and Adapt: Stay informed about your chosen market and be willing to adapt your strategies based on results.
  • Automate Where Possible: Use tools and software to automate processes like email marketing, social media posting, and customer relationship management to save time.
  • Build an Audience: Focus on building an audience or community around your business, which can help drive sales and engagement.
By choosing an option that aligns with your interests and skills, you can create a sustainable online business that generates passive income over time.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Banned
Starting an OF sharing feet pics, and selling used underwear briefs stretched out over a weeks time per use has been low effort and easy extra $15 a month I highly recommend as long as your soul is already worn thin.

Top Bottom