• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you favorite songs from the Final Fantasy series?

mortal

Banned
It's very difficult to choose just one to be honest, especially if you've been playing these games for a long time haha.

Suteki Da Ne pulls on my heartstrings. It sound really sorrowful imo.

This symphonic arrangement of the Rebel Army theme from Final Fantasy II is astounding.

Last edited:

Handel

Outside of the well known ones like Dancing Mad, Suteki Da Ne, You're Not Alone, etc. these are some personal favorites:

FFVI - Esper World : Uematsu is really good at making tracks that sound otherworldly, and this is the peak of that. There's melancholy here, for the fate of the Espers, as well as a rising tension, as obtaining the magicite from Espers is key to which sides wins the war.

FFVII - You Can Hear The Cry of the Planet : Might be the most haunting track in the series, played inside the dead and forgotten City of the Ancients, leading up to Aerith's death. This song is mourning her coming peril.

FFIX - Black Mage Village : This song is really fun and perfectly fitting to the inhabitants of the town. The black mages have only known life a short time, and will only live a short time, they don't have the time/means to learn "proper music", so the track is a mishmash of sounds as they go about figuring what sounds good. Really love the chocobo chirps representing the baby chocobo they hatch and raise.

Inxes

Shall I give you my Spotify playlist??

All of the FF BSO are gold. Even when Uematsu left, Hamauzu created a masterpiece for FF XIII with a totally different style and vibe.

The prelude in FFXII gives me chills every time, its as if I'm listening to every ff in one song

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Currently playing through FF3 on SNES (actually FF6 but you know that story) which has been on my list of shame for decades and holy shit this game has some amazing tunes. Was not expecting so much FF7 music either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom