• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

I am listening to a box set of ZZ Top's first ten albums on CD.

Before I bought it I had a few albums on Vinyl. I must've listened to Eliminator 20 times while gaming.

I'm an absolute fanatic of classic (60s/70s) rock, pop, and soul music. I listen to pretty much anything from that time period. ANYTHING.

Well, one of the advantages of a streaming service like Spotify is that they recommend you a bunch of stuff based on what you like. So they recommended this to me:

I absolutely *love* extended jams, and this one is really awesome. A couple of fun trivia items about this tune:

- The band, Rare Earth, was one of a small handful of white acts signed to Motown. YES, this was a Motown rock band with an all-white membership.
- The song was originally written (and I believe performed) by Smokey Robinson in the mid 60s, and his version was a moderate chart success, but didn't light the world on fire or anything.
- This Rare Earth version performed much better in the charts than the original
- Humorously enough, many people don't think this song was actually performed live, since the "crowd" noise is too even, clean, repetitive, etc, which makes people highly suspicious that they're just canned crowd effects added during production.

RAÏSanÏa

7wFdbvx.png

RAÏSanÏa

In the constellation of Sagittarius, Nunki marks the vane of the celestial Archer’s arrow.

The star’s name, Nunki is of Assyrian or Babylonian origin, but its meaning is unknown. The name was recovered by archaeologists and revealed by Richard Hinckley Allen in his Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning (1899).

Sigma Sagittarii was identified with Nunki, the Star of the Proclamation of the Sea – as mentioned in the Euphratean Table of the Thirty Stars. The sea in question refers to the area of the sky occupied by several constellations associated with water: Delphinus, Aquarius, Capricornus, Pisces, and Piscis Austrinus.

The Greek astronomer Aratus called this area the Water around 270 BC.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Tom Morello - Let's Get This Party Started

Last edited:

Rest

What is this?

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason it just loaded the thumb as a picture and didn't show that it was a video. I see it now.

Last edited:

Rest

John du Prez - Shredder's Suite - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Soundtrack

Top Bottom