• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you reading? |OT|

Cyberpunkd

I noticed some threads regarding books read, but nothing in the last couple of years. People sometimes post about books they bought in "What did you buy?", so I thought we need a dedicated thread.

I got back to my periodical "W40K hole":

Eisenhorn - Xenos + Malleus (part of Eisenhorn Omnibus)

812ajJ5QA5L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Since my daughter is not sleeping I got a chance to progress a bit on the Eisenhorn trilogy, finishing the first two books. They are interesting but I wouldn't say they are "great introduction to the world of 40K" - there is not enough exposition, and they are not bleak enough (which as I understand the next trilogy - Ravenor - corrects). They read like good detective novels in the 40K universe. As a result of "not bleak enough" some scenes are sometimes silly - Eisenhorn meeting friends for drinks and food ; assisting at the wedding ; thinking about romantic relationship and complementing a woman "she looks nice". This coming from a person that has a right to order complete planetary annihilation (Exterminatus). Although I don't think I should judge it too harshly given it was released in early 2000s...

James Corey - Leviathan Wakes (Audiobook)

51Y8QPmaGoL.jpg

Now this is a PoS I dropped half-way. It's just so batshit incredibly generic, with the same tropes about Earth, Mars, Belters (people living on asteroids), tensions between them, etc. The dialogue is incredibly simplistic which is even exemplified by the narration. 99% of the exchanges are like this:

"Something", Holden said.
"Something else", Miller said.

The characters are incredibly generic as well - Miller is your typical down-to-earth cop that fell on hard times, bla bla bla.

I went on Wikipedia and apparently the book gets better towards the end, however (I think at this point I was listening for 7-8 hours) I don't even want to get to this point, everything before is just so painfully dull.

Jsisto

Bump. Just started reading The Lord of the Rings. I had read the Hobbit some years ago and loved it. Last year I bought a complete edition of LoTr when it was on sale on Amazon with all three books in one and illustrations from Tolkien. Man…it’s absolutely beautiful, practically a tome. I’ve gotten heavily into reading again over the last year, particularly sci fi, read the first four Dune Books, the first two Hyperion books…I used to be intimidated by the Large page count of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but have gotten faster at reading and generally just enjoy it more now, so figured now was the time.

Wish I had read it sooner. Tolkiens writing style is just an absolute delight. He’s very descriptive without being unnecessarily wordy, understands the importance of humor, and just has this….common folk way of writing that I find very charming. You never feel like he wants to impress you with his vocabulary, he’s just a brilliant, brilliant storyteller. Kicking myself for not reading this when I was younger.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Right now

Mushoku Tensei Jobless Recarnation Volume 1 (Light Novel)

It's been a easy read for me. Will be able to finish this book tonight. Loving it but just a warning there's lot of sexual content in it. Doesn't bother me but it might be a turn off for other people

The Ancient Magus Bride (Manga)

I'm only 11 chapters in and this manga is fantastic. I'm loving the world building and plot/character. The magic system is actually really good too. The art is really good too. The manga is ongoing and so far there's around 100 Chapters.

I'm going to read The Dresden Files Fool Moon and Shogun next on Book fronts

Comics wise gonna to hopefully be able to finish Jason Aaron Thor Run in the next couple of months

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Just read two of the Phillipa Gregory Tudor series and am on Dune Messiah right now also this terrifying AI short story “I have no mouth and I must scream”

I also really enjoyed Project Hail Mary.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Just started talisman by Stephen king.

Listening to hyperion while at work this week.

Digging both. Like the voice actors in hyperion. I've only listened to half of the 1st malazan book on tape and Gone girl.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
2049.jpg

Some of the most entertaining fiction I've ever read (Chandler has several books with this main character and setting). Written in the early 1940's and takes place in 1930's Los Angeles, bad ass main character (Private Detective). Transports you to 1930's Los Angeles, captures a moment in time like few other works of fiction I've encountered. You will never, ever, in a million years encounter a books like these again.

Quasicat

I’m teaching a new subject this year so I’ve been reading the textbook I bought all about Ancient Egypt going up through the Chinese Dynasties. For pleasure, I went to a cardiologist and he told me about this book about the history of wheat and why we should not eat it.

f9GBn0i.jpeg

It’s definitely got me thinking.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
These books are what I'm reading next

PSQaxwU.jpeg

Shogun by James Clavell (1126 Pages)

The first book in Seven Part Book Series called The Asian Saga. The remaining 6 books take place in different eras and I think the last book takes place in the Modern Era in Asian History. The books I think came out around the 70s - 90s. They are extremely popular. Once I finish Shogun, I will be watching 3 Body Problem and Shogun back to back. I'll be reading the rest next year. I admit, I wasn't interested in the books until I found out that a show was coming out adapting the first book

olLHmLy.jpeg

Blackwater by Micheal McDowell (774 Pages)

As much as I love Stephen King, I think he overshadows alot of other authors when it comes to horror. This book is by another horror author and was originally released in 1983 in six volumes. I heard alot of good things about it and that this version collects all six volumes into one book. I'm excited to to read someone other than King.

x5eGPve.jpeg

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier And Clay by Micheal Chabon (637 Pages)

I've heard lot of good things about this book. It's about Jewish Artist that just escaped Europe from a area that is Nazi Occupied. He ends up in New York and around that time comics are becoming popular. So he partners with another guy to make stories using comics. The premise sounds interesting and I'm down for reading something outside of the genres I usually read

9psLMrP.jpeg

Special Topics In Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl (518 Pages)

The premise of this book sounds interesting. Looks like it will be a Coming of Age story combined with a mystery. This is the authors debut novel and I heard lot of great things about it.

EmEr7L3.jpeg

Fire & Blood by George R R Martin (787 Pages)

As someone who is a huge fan of A Song of Ice And Fire and have been ever since the 2000s, before the show was around and no one knew anything about the series. I am looking forward to reading the book. I've been watching House of Dragon and I admit after the last two seasons of Game of Thrones, I wasn't really willing to read any of George R R Martin other books that connect to A Song of Ice And Fire. But after watching the show, I decided to read the book

Last edited:
Just read through all of Song of Ice and Fire. I've seen a few seasons of the show but never read the books. I really liked them - I love the style of story in that there are just so many perspectives. While not all of them are as equally engaging, it's still interesting and I scarcely had a moment in which I was thinking of what was next instead of focusing on the current chapter. I think if I had to choose a favorite of them it would be Storm of Swords. The biggest issue I have is that the series is unfinished and I'd guess Martin will be dead before it is. Looking at the end of a Feast for Crows, Martin talks about how it should be a year or so before Dance with Dragons comes out. He said that in 2005. Dance with Dragons didn't come out until 2011. It's been 13 years since that and there are still the two alleged books coming. Wheel of Time still turned out alright with Sanderson finishing it up, maybe not as good as if Jordan had done it but serviceable. I do worry it won't ever be completed.

Also as a spoiler for Dance of Dragons,

I really didn't like how Cercei's story ended in Dance of Dragons. I thought everything was going so awesomely and then toward the end it felt like he changed his mind about what he wanted to happen, or maybe there's much more to come, who knows.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Just finishing off this little known sci-fi masterpiece. I first read this in 2004, but I was too young at the time to appreciate it's deep themes.

It's a complex book that explores some pretty deep themes from dealing with mental and physical trauma, loss of faith and how trying to do the right thing can lead to devastating consequences.

It's also half a philosophical book and a bit of a slow burner. This isn't going to be for everyone and some of the themes of torture, mutilation and rape are a bit heavy. However, stick with it and you'll find a real gem of a novel.

Small plot summary:

In 2019, humanity intercepts a beautiful, haunting message from a distant planet, Rakhat. The Society of Jesus, seeing a divine opportunity, assembles a team led by Father Emilio Sandoz, a gifted linguist and priest. However, when they get to Rakhat. tragic misunderstanding unfolds, leaving Sandoz the only survivor, forever scarred physically and emotionally. When back on earth (which is decades ahead of Sandoz due to time dilation), sandoz faces extreme accusations and wrestles with his faith.

814WhmL4y4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Just finishing off this little known sci-fi masterpiece. I first read this in 2004, but I was too young at the time to appreciate it's deep themes.

It's a complex book that explores some pretty deep themes from dealing with mental and physical trauma, loss of faith and how trying to do the right thing can lead to devastating consequences.

It's also half a philosophical book and a bit of a slow burner. This isn't going to be for everyone and some of the themes of torture, mutilation and rape are a bit heavy. However, stick with it and you'll find a real gem of a novel.

Small plot summary:

In 2019, humanity intercepts a beautiful, haunting message from a distant planet, Rakhat. The Society of Jesus, seeing a divine opportunity, assembles a team led by Father Emilio Sandoz, a gifted linguist and priest. However, when they get to Rakhat. tragic misunderstanding unfolds, leaving Sandoz the only survivor, forever scarred physically and emotionally. When back on earth (which is decades ahead of Sandoz due to time dilation), sandoz faces extreme accusations and wrestles with his faith.

814WhmL4y4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

This book and its sequel are in my favorite Sci Fi Books of All Time

Still a fantastic and disturbing book to this day. But I read it in highschool. I remember reading the part where the priest getting raped and that was before my class started. The book in general is extremely dark, with there being two alien species. One that is docile and one that is evolved to look like the Docile one. The second species being more of a predator type, that hunts down the docile one and are technologically advanced. I was super disturbed by it and even 20 years later that book left a mark on me

I reccomand checking out this YouTuber Quinn Ideas. He goes over this book recently and he tends to go over more Science Fiction books in general. His stuff is great and I tend to watch his stuff whenever I finish reading a book series that he covers

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So far this year:

Death in the Long Grass
Fires of Heaven (book 5 in WoT)
Lord of Chaos - (book 6 in WoT)
Tao of Pooh - reread

Currently reading - Hyperion, A Crown of Swords

Planning to do 3 Body Problem and as many WoT as I can get through, so maybe another 2-3?

Last edited:
So far this year:

Death in the Long Grass
Fires of Heaven (book 5 in WoT)
Lord of Chaos - (book 6 in WoT)
Tao of Pooh - reread

Currently reading - Hyperion, A Crown of Swords

Planning to do 3 Body Problem and as many WoT as I can get through, so maybe another 2-3?
Have you read WoT before? Love that series.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Just read through all of Song of Ice and Fire. I've seen a few seasons of the show but never read the books. I really liked them - I love the style of story in that there are just so many perspectives. While not all of them are as equally engaging, it's still interesting and I scarcely had a moment in which I was thinking of what was next instead of focusing on the current chapter. I think if I had to choose a favorite of them it would be Storm of Swords. The biggest issue I have is that the series is unfinished and I'd guess Martin will be dead before it is. Looking at the end of a Feast for Crows, Martin talks about how it should be a year or so before Dance with Dragons comes out. He said that in 2005. Dance with Dragons didn't come out until 2011. It's been 13 years since that and there are still the two alleged books coming. Wheel of Time still turned out alright with Sanderson finishing it up, maybe not as good as if Jordan had done it but serviceable. I do worry it won't ever be completed.

Also as a spoiler for Dance of Dragons,

I really didn't like how Cercei's story ended in Dance of Dragons. I thought everything was going so awesomely and then toward the end it felt like he changed his mind about what he wanted to happen, or maybe there's much more to come, who knows.

I'm going to have to do a reread of A Song of Ice And Fire. I read the first three books way back in 2000 when I was in highschool. I forgot lot of stuff but the big stuff I still remember. I just don't remember some of the details. I felt that book 4 and book 5 were much more disappointing though.

Have you read WoT before? Love that series.

I'm reading the series for the first time too

I'm gonna to read Book 3 and Book 4 later this year. I hope that is lol

I'm going to have to do a reread of A Song of Ice And Fire. I read the first three books way back in 2000 when I was in highschool. I forgot lot of stuff but the big stuff I still remember. I just don't remember some of the details. I felt that book 4 and book 5 were much more disappointing though.
I thought they were all very entertaining reads and I couldn't wait to immediately start each book, but 4 and 5 are just spread a little thin in some ways. They are really more like one book split into two pieces and even then, it's still not a whole item I feel like. 4 takes places mostly in Westeros and 5 is effectively the eastern continents or whatever they are (Free Cities, etc) but *mostly* during the same time period. It's only toward the end of 5 that the chronology of things begins moving forward again. I can definitely see how you feel that way, especially about 5 (for me). But I'd still have started a 6 if it were available as soon as I put down 5, he does a solid job of placing certain cliffhangers throughout the books that make me want to immediately rocket to the next book.

I'm reading the series for the first time too

I'm gonna to read Book 3 and Book 4 later this year. I hope that is lol

:messenger_fire:. They are also excellent audio books, Michael Kramer is an awesome narrator IMO anyway. He does a ton of Sanderson's more recent stuff too (All Stormlight Archive, Mistborn, etc).

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I thought they were all very entertaining reads and I couldn't wait to immediately start each book, but 4 and 5 are just spread a little thin in some ways. They are really more like one book split into two pieces and even then, it's still not a whole item I feel like. 4 takes places mostly in Westeros and 5 is effectively the eastern continents or whatever they are (Free Cities, etc) but *mostly* during the same time period. It's only toward the end of 5 that the chronology of things begins moving forward again. I can definitely see how you feel that way, especially about 5 (for me). But I'd still have started a 6 if it were available as soon as I put down 5, he does a solid job of placing certain cliffhangers throughout the books that make me want to immediately rocket to the next book.

My issue with Book 4 and 5 from what I remember is that I found most of the plot and characters to be boring. Dance With Dragons had a great cliffhanger though. I wouldn't be surprised if George has already finished Book 6 and Book 7. He's just sitting on it and will release them once he dies. That's just a theory of mine and I'm most likely wrong. I don't know he seems afraid of what the fan reaction will be towards book 6 and 7.

:messenger_fire:. They are also excellent audio books, Michael Kramer is an awesome narrator IMO anyway. He does a ton of Sanderson's more recent stuff too (All Stormlight Archive, Mistborn, etc).

As I said before not into audiobooks. I tried to listen to a couple but the narrator wasn't good. I did listen to couple of Era Two Mistborn Novels and ended up just rereading Era Two due to hating the narrator

Last edited:
As I said before not into audiobooks. I tried to listen to a couple but the narrator wasn't good. I did listen to couple of Era Two Mistborn Novels and ended up just rereading Era Two due to hating the narrator
Oh, I missed that part. Yep, that's him, sounds like you hate him! lol. I just went through Era 2 of Mistborn, but honestly put it down in the last one. I think the first or second are the better ones, third I started to lose interest in what was going on and the fourth I just stopped somewhere into it. I don't like Era 2 nearly as much as the first era, though there are some interesting aspects to it.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Oh, I missed that part. Yep, that's him, sounds like you hate him! lol. I just went through Era 2 of Mistborn, but honestly put it down in the last one. I think the first or second are the better ones, third I started to lose interest in what was going on and the fourth I just stopped somewhere into it. I don't like Era 2 nearly as much as the first era, though there are some interesting aspects to it.

First Era was fantastic but Second Era is weaker and not as great. From what I heard Sanderson was originally suppose to just go directly to Era 3. There was suppose to be no Era 2. I did love the books due to the Cosmere connections especially in The Lost Metal. I hope for Era 3, he still explores one of his concepts he has for it. A Serial Killer set in a world with 80s Tech

I can't wait for The Stormlight Archive Book Five though. That book is coming out this year. I consider The Stormlight Archive to be Sanderson best work when it comes to characters, world, plot, lore, etc

I love the Cosmere but I do admit it does have it faults

For early next year though The Commonwealth Saga and Malazan are going be my Hard Sci Fi Series and Dark Fantasy Series I'll be reading

Last edited:
First Era was fantastic but Second Era is weaker and not as great. From what I heard Sanderson was originally suppose to just go directly to Era 3. There was suppose to be no Era 2. I did love the books due to the Cosmere connections especially in The Lost Metal. I hope for Era 3, he still explores one of his concepts he has for it. A Serial Killer set in a world with 80s Tech

I can't wait for The Stormlight Archive Book Five though. That book is coming out this year. I consider The Stormlight Archive to be Sanderson best work when it comes to characters, world, plot, lore, etc

I love the Cosmere but I do admit it does have it faults

For early next year though The Commonwealth Saga and Malazan are going be my Hard Sci Fi Series and Dark Fantasy Series I'll be reading
Absolutely IMO far and above based on anything else I've read from him. Mistborn is a fun ride and all, but Stormlight is awesome. Great WoT style epic. I just went through them all again late last year and loved every bit. Dalinar is one of my favorite characters, the whole setting is just interesting and I need to see where it goes after that cliffhanger of the last book... oof. I went through all the novellas this time too, Edgedancer etc, which I did not read last time I read Stormlight. They aren't amazing, but I do like them and they help scratch my itch for more information about the world, but I'd definitely rather have more mainline books. I'm ready for the release this year!

TexMex

x5eGPve.jpeg

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier And Clay by Micheal Chabon (637 Pages)

I've heard lot of good things about this book. It's about Jewish Artist that just escaped Europe from a area that is Nazi Occupied. He ends up in New York and around that time comics are becoming popular. So he partners with another guy to make stories using comics. The premise sounds interesting and I'm down for reading something outside of the genres I usually read

One of my top 3 books of all time, and probably the book I'm most nostalgic for. I have several editions of this, excited to hear what you think. Chabon is hit and miss for me, but this earns every bit of hype. If you like it, I highly recommend The Yiddish Policeman's Union next for a good mystery/thriller with a similar tone.

I just finished the uncut version of The Stand, so with your King comparisons I'm checking out the Blackwater collection you had posted.

Picked up The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker from the library since I can't find my copy at this second. I read this when I was much younger and loved it, also really enjoyed Imajica. I just reread Imajica and while I didn't like it as much as I did 20 years ago or so, I did like it. So after Imajica I thought I'd revisit this and see if I still thought it was interesting.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Absolutely IMO far and above based on anything else I've read from him. Mistborn is a fun ride and all, but Stormlight is awesome. Great WoT style epic. I just went through them all again late last year and loved every bit. Dalinar is one of my favorite characters, the whole setting is just interesting and I need to see where it goes after that cliffhanger of the last book... oof. I went through all the novellas this time too, Edgedancer etc, which I did not read last time I read Stormlight. They aren't amazing, but I do like them and they help scratch my itch for more information about the world, but I'd definitely rather have more mainline books. I'm ready for the release this year!

I can understand where people's issues with the Cosmere comes from. One of the most valid complaints is the characters most of the time feel YA and not as complex as other characters in other fantasy series. I feel that The Stormlight Archive has some of his best character work. Especially with Kaladin and Shallan. But than there is Lift, where everything is awesome! But the detail he's puts into the Worlds, Physics, Magic Systems, Lore etc makes the Cosmere definitely worth a read to me. BTW A Way of Kings is the first Cosmere and Sanderson Book I read. I especially love the illustrations he does. I wish that his other Cosmere books would do that. But what I especially love about Roshar is the fact that it has a ton of unique wildlife. I appreciate it when fantasy authors go that extra miles to try to make the wild life in their World they created to be different. Usually it's just Horses etc that they use from the real world

One of my top 3 books of all time, and probably the book I'm most nostalgic for. I have several editions of this, excited to hear what you think. Chabon is hit and miss for me, but this earns every bit of hype. If you like it, I highly recommend The Yiddish Policeman's Union next for a good mystery/thriller with a similar tone.

I've been reading Shogun (I'm 105 Pages in, out of 1127 Pages), which I'm enjoying. I have never read any historical fiction and finding out about how there was conflicts between Catholics and Protestants is interesting to read about. I can see myself finishing the book in two to three weeks

The next book I'm reading that I mentioned on that post you responded to is Special Topics In Calamity Physics. Than I'll be reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier And Clay after I'm done reading Special Topics In Calamity Physics

One of my Top Ten Fiction book that I highly recommend is Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugeines. Some of the best prose I have read

I usually don't do rereads but that's one book I will go back to reread someday

I just finished the uncut version of The Stand, so with your King comparisons I'm checking out the Blackwater collection you had posted.

I read The Uncut Version of The Stand like 15 years ago. Such a epic tale. I consider it to be in my Top Ten King Books I ever read.

My only issue with The Stand is that ending is a literal Deus Ex Machina. That part was badly written

I'm looking forward to reading Blackwater since I heard it's up there with Kings best and it's not written by him.

Right now other than Shogun I'm going to be catching up on this manga I've been reading called The Ancient Magus Bride. So far it's a fantastic manga and I'm loving the slow world building

As for my next manga, not sure what I'm going to be reading next. Maybe Hunter X Hunter or Golden Kamuy. I'm looking for something that's complete

On the comics front, still reading through Jason Aaron Thor Run. It had a fantastic beginning with Gorr The God Butcher but the middle part of his run is mid. I haven't started the final part of his run yet which is War of the Realms but I heard that Arc is fantastic

After I finish that Comic Run, I'll be finishing up The Walking Dead Comics (have 40 to 50 more issues to read), read the last three Hellboy Omnibuses which collects the main Hellboy storyline and read all four of the Alien The Original Years Omnibuses which collects all the Dark Horse stuff and I think even includes the newer Marvel stuff too

Last edited:

poodaddy

Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the West. Really outstanding novel, incredible stuff. Oppressively grim, but incredibly well written.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Picked up The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker from the library since I can't find my copy at this second. I read this when I was much younger and loved it, also really enjoyed Imajica. I just reread Imajica and while I didn't like it as much as I did 20 years ago or so, I did like it. So after Imajica I thought I'd revisit this and see if I still thought it was interesting.

I have all six volumes of The Book of Blood. The only Barker I read is The Hellbound Heart which I loved. I plan to read more Barker in the coming years starting with the Book of Blood collections. I saw the movie on Hulu and loved it. Also huge fan of the first Hellraiser movie

Also there's more books I want to read that are written by him

I love Stephen King but I'm going to try to read more of other horror authors

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got done binging Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series.

The later books weren't as good as the first few, but by then I was totally invested in the story. Currently reading the American-themed spin off Winters Gift.

Drake

Just finished book 4 of the Kingsbridge series (or book 1 chronologically). The Evening and the Morning. As with the rest of the series the book was great, but this one I found incredibility frustrating to read. In the first 3 books Follett had a great give and take with protagonist/antagonist conflict. Sometimes the protagonist would come out on top and sometimes not. In this one it felt like he was just constantly shitting over all of the protagonists and the "bad guy" would just come out on top of every single conflict. It wasn't until the final 5% of the book where there was finally some justice. I just wished the highs could have been spread out a bit more evenly instead of saving everything for the final 50 pages. Despite those complaints the writing was top quality as with anything Follett writes. I'm looking forward to reading the final book in the series.

calistan

I loved Great and Secret Show as a teenager. I think it's Clive Barker's best, alongside Weaveworld - he was brilliant at making magic and fantasy seem almost plausible in the real world. Plus there was that character who protected himself with magical snakes (the Lix) which he'd make by jizzing on his own turds.

Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the West. Really outstanding novel, incredible stuff. Oppressively grim, but incredibly well written.
I've had all of McCarthy's work on heavy rotation since he died, including The Passenger and Stella Maris three times each. I'm curently reading William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury, which was supposedly a major influence on McCarthy but I'd never previously tried, since it's meant to be a particularly confusing read.

Just finished the first part, which is told from the perspective of a 33-year-old fool with the mental capacity of a toddler. He has no sense of time, so it's all jumbled up, with names being mixed up and dead characters appearing and vanishing again.

Sample passage:
I wasn't crying, but I couldn't stop. I wasn't crying, but the ground wasn't still, and then I was crying. The ground kept sloping up and the cows ran up the hill. T. P. tried to get up. He fell down again and the cows ran up the hill. Quentin held my arm and we went toward the barn. Then the barn wasn't there and we had to wait until it came back. I didn't see it come back.

Perhaps they're getting him drunk. Racing him around in a wheelbarrow? Maybe I'll find out in the next part, which is told by Quentin.

Lunarorbit

Just finished listening to hyperion yesterday. Great audio book; apparently it's an audible exclusive through Amazon.

The 1st book just ends suddenly. Trying to do research without spoiling anything but dan simmons editor suggested that he split his story into 2 books. There's 4 books total so I'm being very careful looking stuff up.

91wn8rwvgTL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Got this one next. Read his 1st law trilogy twice and red country. I know this book continues the story but is set a little in the future from.his trilogy

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Just finished listening to hyperion yesterday. Great audio book; apparently it's an audible exclusive through Amazon.

The 1st book just ends suddenly. Trying to do research without spoiling anything but dan simmons editor suggested that he split his story into 2 books. There's 4 books total so I'm being very careful looking stuff up.

91wn8rwvgTL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Got this one next. Read his 1st law trilogy twice and red country. I know this book continues the story but is set a little in the future from.his trilogy

First Law Trilogy I'm reading later this year

I heard that those series of books are fantastic

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I started Special Topics In Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl today

I'm already 100 Pages into the book (Out of 514 Pages)

I'm really loving the wit that comes from the prose. And learning about the main character Blue past was interesting to read about. I would say this book is a coming of age story mixed in with a murder mystery.

I'm hoping to finish this by Thursday or Friday

Top Bottom