• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your top 10 Capcom games?

At the moment I'd probably say this... if the Zelda Oracles games count, of course.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
2. Mega Man 4 (NES)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
4. Mega Man IV (GB)
5. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
6. Super Street Fighter II
7. Project Justice
8. Mega Man 2 (NES)
9. Capcom vs. SNK 2 / CvS2: EO
10. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

If you don't count the Zelda games, then the next two would be Maximo and Mega Man V (GB).

aaaaaa

1. RE4
2. Mega Man X
3. Mega Man 9
4. Street Fighter II' Turbo: HF / Super Turbo (tie)
5. Mega Man 3
6. REmake
7. Demon's Crest
8. Ghost Trick
9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
10. Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

I was a Capcom fanboy before MvC3 and SxT.

10. Capcom vs. Snk 2
9. X-men Children of the Atom
8. Puzzle Fighters
7. Darkstalkers III or any iteration with all the characters
6. Final Fight
5. Super Street Fighter 2 turbo
4. Street Fighter 3 third strike
3. Megaman 2
2. Megaman X
1. Street Fighter Alpha 2

Shion

1. Mega Man 2
2. Resident Evil
3. Mega Man 9
4. Resident Evil 2
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Mega Man X
7. Demon's Crest
8. Ace Attorney 3
9. Strider 2
10. Viewtiful Joe

Beth Cyra

Mega Man X
X3
MvC3
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry
Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil Rev
Resident Evil 5
Zelda Minish Cap

Coda

Capcom overall just may be my favorite developer/publisher of all time. Their output at certain points were just astronomical. My list is more what my top 10 favorites are, kind of hard to just choose 10 though.

1. God Hand
2. Project Justice
3. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
4. Mega Man X2
5. Okami
7. Viewtiful Joe
8. Resident Evil 4
9. Devil May Cry 3
10. Marvel vs. Capcom 2

In no particular order:

God Hand
Dragon's Dogma
Onimusha 2
Devil May Cry 3
Strider
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 2
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Coda

my favorite shmup and one of my favorite games of all time
(but it was developed by CAVE and only published by capcom :eek:)

This is true but for a lot of Capcom games though like Street Fighter IV for example was really developed by Dimps with the help of Capcom.

leroidys

Capcom is a legit contender for greatest development studio/publisher of all time in my mind. Things have really been rough the past few years with them, but they're still putting out some great games and don't look to be going the way of Konami just yet.

I'm applying the same "1 game per franchise" rule that many other people have, and am going to try to keep some genre diversity as well. As such, mine might be more of a "10 essential Capcom games" list than a pure top 10.

Resident Evil 4 - One of the best action/TPS games ever made. Those genres were pretty much all anyone focused on making last gen, and they still couldn't top it.

Mega Man 9 - The pinnacle of the classic series. Perfect in nearly every way.

Street fighter III Third Strike - Insanely fun, deep, beautiful, and easy to pick up game. The only other 2D fighter that comes close is Darkstalkers 3.

Rival Schools - It took Capcom a while to get 3D fighting games right, but they hit it way out of the park with this one. No idea how it holds up from a competitive standpoint, but it's every bit as fun to pop in now as it was in middle school.

Breath of Fire IV - Leave it to Capcom to make an astoundingly gorgeous, un-apologetically oldschool JRPG in the waning years of the PS1, when everything was angsty FMV and 3D or bust.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - The most fun Capcom vs. game to me (other than Match of the Millenium), with the best cast.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - One of the biggest and most rewarding games I've ever laid hands on.

Mega Man Zero 3 - Any game from this astounding series could make the list, but I found three to be the most enjoyable.

Powerstone 2 - I'll be honest, I can't even say for sure that this game is good. What I can say for certain, though, is that it provided every bit as much fun as other legendary local multi games like Smash Bros. and bomberman. Me and my friends played this and the first for hundreds of hours without getting bored.

Okami - A flawed but beautiful and endlessly engaging, sprawling ode to The Legend of Zelda and Japanese culture. How could I not love it?

I still really need to get around to the DMCs, VJs and Godhand.

GamerJM

Banned
1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
3. EX Troopers
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
5. Dai Gyakuten Saiban
6. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: And Justice For All
7. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
8. Gyakuten Kenji 2
9. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
10. Ghost Trick

Shout out to Third Strike and Marvel 2. I'm not a big fan of Capcom fighters but they're my favorites, just not good enough to make the list IMO. RE4 is also pretty damn good. Also shout out to the NES Mega Man games, which are great but I need to play more of.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
This is really fucking hard. There are so many others I could mention.

Street Fighter Alpha 2
Megaman 2
DuckTales
Viewtiful Joe
Resident Evil 4
Ace Attorney 1
REmake
Dead Rising
Megaman X
Final Fight

Card Boy

Banned
Zelda: The Minish Cap
Ghost Trick
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Okami
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Breath of Fire 2
Dragons Dogma
Resident Evil 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Phoenix Wright 1

Astery

In no particular order,

Ace Attorney 1-3, 5
Ghost trick
Gundam vs Z Gundam
Power Stone
Lost Planet 2
Devil May Cry 3
Onimusha
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Monster Hunter 2
Resident Evil 2

There's likely some more I can't think of right now.

Raitaro

Quite tough to limit myself to 10 as they've always been one of my favorite publishers. Then again, even within their output over the years there are games I like(d) quite a bit back then and games I actively want to return to to this very day because of how little they've aged. Those latter ones are the ones I've given precedence here. Oh, and for the most part I've limited myself to one game per IP/overal series in the top 10 itself.

In random order (sorry!):
Street Fighter III: Third Strike - still the most enjoyable fighting game to me because of how smooth and fresh it feels on all levels.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo - the ultimate classic fighting game that still packs a punch.
Mega Man X - the first Mega Man game I fully appreciated and wanted to beat 100%.
Darkstalkers (III, or any version with the most characters) - the ultimate Halloween game with fantastic character designs.
Resident Evil Remake (HD) - still the king of classic survival horror games but now with a new coat of paint.
Final Fight - the ultimate classic beat 'm up in many ways (only rivaled by Double Dragon 2 and Streets of Rage 2).
Mickey Mouse's Magical Quest - a very nostalgic game for me that I still can appreciate because of its charm (though I've never really tried its sequels).
Okami - I don't know how it holds up but I practically lived in this game for weeks on end when I rebought a PS2 for it many years ago.
Mega Man 2 - the game that made me sit up and start paying attention to the Capcom logo on boxes, partly because of its awesome music.
Phoenix Wright Trilogy - for me these games represent three chapters of one epic story that defined my love for Capcom for nearly a decade.

Honorable mentions:
Ghost Trick
Resident Evil 2 (can't wait for the remake, which might push out 1 from my top 10)
Resident Evil 4
Dead Rising (the game that made me envy 360 owners)
Demon's Crest (the ending theme alone is worth the price of admission)
Dragon's Dogma (one of my favorite new Capcom games that I sincerely hope they will return to and improve upon in future non-MMO installments)
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Battle Circuit
Red Earth
Alien vs. Predator
Ducktales
Dino Crisis
Cyberbots (I wish Seth Killian and the Cannon bros would borrow this IP for their Rising Thunder)
D&D: Chronicles of Mystara
Marvel vs Capcom 2/3 (too hectic and combo-heavy for my skills but great fun to watch due to the animations and effects)
Bionic Commando (GB)
Maximo
Mega Man 9 (one of the most exciting game announcements ever for me, and a great game to boot)
(Super) Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Disclaimer: I've never really played any of the *GASP* Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Rival Schools or Onimusha games to this day despite thinking I might like them, so I've not included them here.

On a final sidenote: we should do a similar thread for Konami to counter all the Konami hating these days and discuss their phenomenal past output instead.

mrmickfran

On a final sidenote: we should do a similar thread for Konami to counter all the Konami hating these days and discuss their phenomenal past output instead.
Someone else would have to do it. The only Konami franchise that I actually play is Contra >_>

Kapi96

10. Resident Evil 5
9. Resident Evil 6
8. Dead Rising
7. Resident Evil Outbreak
6. Resident Evil
5. Resident Evil Outbreak File #2
4. Dino Crisis 2
3. Dino Crisis
2. Resident Evil 3
1. Resident Evil 2

Not much variety there, but that's all the Capcom games that I've played (and liked).

Genio88

1)Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 1-2-3
2)Ghost Trick
3)Dino Crisis 1-2
4)Resident Evil 4
5)Dead Rising
6)Devil May Cry 3
8)Dead Rising 3
9)Resident Evil 2-3
10)DMC (Reboot)

1. Power Stone
2. Rival Schools
3. DmC: Devil May Cry
4. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
5. Power Stone 2
6. Resident Evil: Code Veronica
7. Resident Evil 4
8. Project Justice
9. Resident Evil 2
10. Street Fighter EX plus Alpha

Jawmuncher

Gonna go Top five one per franchise.

5.Devil May Cry 3
4.Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
3.Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
2.Dino Crisis
1.Resident Evil 5

It's hard though, since I have even more I like. In terms of properties Capcom by far has the most that appeal to me.

yurinka

1-Street Fighter II
2-Final Fight
3-Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
4-Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
5-Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
6-Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins
7-Ultra Street Fighter IV
8-Marvel vs Capcom 2
9-Capcom vs SNK 2
10-Darkstalkers 3

But I'd include like 40 games more in the list.

In no particular order:

Mega Man X
Asura's Wrath
Resident Evil 3
Lost Planet
Devil May Cry 3
Okami
God Hand
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Demon's Crest
Dragon's Dogma

Mega Man 2