• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What computer games should be on Steam, but aren't?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I feel like someone there has to be capable of going "oh, sure, this takes almost no work for us at all, sure!"

I think the best approach would be to go through LucasArts rather than Disney Interactive directly, since LA has sales data it can use to convince DI to put up its own games.

I really don't understand publishers. Putting their old catalog on steam is pure profit. I would buy a lot of games again if they were supported on new OSs and with steam achievements day one. You hear that Capcom?

What's up with this anyway?

EA and their peddling of Origin.

Same reason why pretty much every major EA title since Crysis 2 will never be available on Steam. Mass Effect 3, Crysis 3, Titanfall, SimCity 2013 (not that we miss that piece of shit), Battlefield 4, etc.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The more frustrating part is that it never got a PC release in the first place....

1278251568-00.jpg

With Lucasarts dead, the chance is zero that Disney is going to ever bother rereleasing this. This game will be lost to the ether at some point and the world will be lesser for it.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I would like to see the old point & click adventure 'Bladerunner' chucked up for a dollar or two.

268f.jpg

Add this one to the pile of "Didn't know it was on PC".

Edit:
panzer-dragoon-pc-conversion-1996-european-release.jpg

Sega was always PC-friendly.
I agree with this. As well as many other Capcom games. Capcom has also made a lot of games for the PC.

While Grandia II isn't my favourite Grandia game, I still like it better than Grandia III. And it would be great to have it on Steam.

As well, I would love to see various Mega Man games that are on the PC.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
I would really like to see the Touhou games [...] on Steam.

And while we are looking at Japanese doujin games, someone please get ZUN to release the Touhou games on Steam or other digital platforms!
Gaben, time to send some Valve employees to help ZUN with the process, according to what he said at his first ever appearance in America:

Q: I heard there was a rumor that the games were going to be sold on Steam. Is that true?

ZUN: Steam is really good. I like it. There is talk about it, but it's just talk. It would be good if it was, but it's just a rumor. Nothing has been decided. It's also really difficult to release. The process would be really complex to complete.

Yeah, who wants to play a game about the reboot though. Even Voyager is better than the reboot. A new Elite Force would kick ass. Or imagine how awesome a TOS or TNG based Telltale game could be.
I'd play the hell out of an Abrams Captain Pike game, but honestly, any game in any Trek universe would be cool.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Nope. Housemarque's last PC game was a 1999 snowboarding game, haha.

I didn't know that was a Housemarque joint. I bought it, I should go back and play it.

Top Bottom