• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What computer games should be on Steam, but aren't?

Caesar 3, all of the sierra city building games really but specifically caesar 3 for me. I used to instll it from time to time from an old win 95 - 98 disc. unfortunately the disc got ate in a drive failure and I have since missed it from my life. I kind of want it on steam because I'm lazy and steam is really really convenient. I should try gog but effort and I just want it on steam really. I'd kill for a more recent similar game.

0.jpg

Yotsubane's Crimzon Clover, it's by far the best STG on the PC
Hellsinker
Raiden 3
Gun Girl 2 (it's Freeware but unknown by most gamers, Think Cave Story but with Zombies and REALLY satisfying and diverse weapons)
Blue Wish Resurrection / BWR+ & Green Aegis (BWR/ + is my and many others first bullet hell that we cut our teeth on, plays just like a CAVE shmup but with much slower and easier to dodge bullets makes this game ideal for noobs who might have beaten Jamestown to move to the intermediate level, Freeware BTW)

77AC8895-E3CD-7CF8-903A-4461D7E72362_super.jpg

Astlebreed, think Ether Vapor x10
WipEout & RollCage (dunno how good the PC versions are)

hqdefault.jpg

Kisou Ryouhei Gunhound (the original PC version is getting localised so hopefully it will come to Steam)

Also

1048271008-00.jpg

Virtual On (dunno how good the PC port it, TBH I'd rather SEGA port the XBLA VOOT along with online play.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I am so happy the OP has N.O.L.F! Fuck I love both of those games. I bought the first one after building my first PC.

Better question: What computer games should be on the Steam Mac store, but aren't?

Answer: all of them. So depressing to log on and see a handful of indie games plus one or two AAA games from two years ago... the same ones that have been on there for 2 years.

styl3s

I really, really, really want to play this game again and i no longer own my PS3 or 360. Big lots for the longest time had like 70 of these for $3 a pop and i never bought it because in ever had a gaming PC and i still regret now buying it. Although now that GFWL is dead i doubt i would even be able to get the game to work since it doesn't use any other DRM i can't be patched out, right?

Persona7

Banned
Seriously, where the fuck are the NOLF games? Don't tell me rights issues, 'cause it's always rights issues and I know that. I don't even want Contract Jack or whatever, I just want to shoot at a unicycling mime from the back of a tricycle driven by a Scotsman without having to excavate my original copy of NOLF 2 from a box in my mother's house somewhere.

Night Dive is working on it

One day I am going to check the GOG homepage and brick myself

I'd much rather have Starlancer. damn fine arcade space sim.

Also I'd love for Freespace 2, Dark Star 1 and all the other space sims aswell.

Ditto Legacy of Kain and Diablo 1 & 2

I consider Freelancer to be superior to each space sim you've listed, but to each his own.

I really, really, really want to play this game again and i no longer own my PS3 or 360. Big lots for the longest time had like 70 of these for $3 a pop and i never bought it because in ever had a gaming PC and i still regret now buying it. Although now that GFWL is dead i doubt i would even be able to get the game to work since it doesn't use any other DRM i can't be patched out, right?

Doesn't use GFWL thankfully :)

Grief.exe

Games for Windows is a set of certification standards for PC games.

Games for Windows Live is the DRM.

DocSeuss

I'd much rather have Starlancer. damn fine arcade space sim.

Also I'd love for Freespace 2, Dark Star 1 and all the other space sims aswell.

Ditto Legacy of Kain and Diablo 1 & 2

Why "rather" have anything? This is a list of alllll the games.

I really want to play it too, but it looks like the only way to play is illegally. It's another Midway-death-victim. Seems like WB has it.

Night Dive is working on it

One day I am going to check the GOG homepage and brick myself

I really want to talk to the Night Dive guys. They seem cool, and like they might have an interesting story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This thread is fucking bumming me out, I had no idea so many console games existed on PC. Man, fuck this thread, now I'm sad :(

Grief.exe

This thread is fucking bumming me out, I had no idea so many console games existed on PC. Man, fuck this thread, now I'm sad :(

The best we can do is raise awareness and ask questions. There is a profit to be made here, just waiting for someone to pick up on it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm having a seizure viewing this thread, all of my money.

VeronicaHD_logo.jpg

That's another "WTF" thing since they already did an "HD" port to consoles with Bio4, they "HD HD"ized 4 on PC, but not CVX? Really?

And the older Biohazards as well. Those have (terrible, IIRC) PC ports, but they don't put them on the store. Despite there being a fanbase on PC since Bio4, 5, 6, Revelations have sold decently on Steam.

Baust

51KP1A4NVCL.jpg

Mega Man Legends had a PC release. Would love to see this on Steam.

None of the Mega Man PC titles are on Steam. Mega Man X3, X4, X5, and X8... Get to it, Capcom!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Indigo Prophecy is in my Steam account.

You're not missing out on anything.

Derphoof

250px-Halo_-_Combat_Evolved_%28XBox_version_-_box_art%29.jpg

I'm still hoping Microsoft will bring Halo CE to Steam at some point, especially with the closure of Gamespy. I'm sure it would develop a great multiplayer community on Steam.

Kumubou

The couple of people who previously mentioned the Melty Blood games are dead on; I would kill a box of kittens to have a proper version of MBAACC on Steam. May as well bring French Bread's other big PC game, Ragnarok Battle Offline as well -- it's really fun 2D brawler. Too bad both of the games would have some nasty licensing issues to resolve and that they have zero experience publishing outside of Japan.

Hellsinker
Astlebreed, think Ether Vapor x10
Hellsinker would be one of the worst selling games on Steam, no joke. I remember finding out from the guy who did the programming for the fansubbed version of the game that it was by far the least popular game he worked on -- the fansub patch was downloaded only a couple hundred times. It was in one of the Groupees bundles IIRC, and it moved pretty much no units then either. Which is disappointing, because the game is a solid shump (even though it's very, very weird). It's one of those games where it probably could be released once Greenlight is dropped but there is no interest anywhere for it.

Regarding Astlebreed, Playism was demoing an English version of the game at PAX East and I'm about 98% sure this is getting a Steam release -- I remember asking them about it and they responded "yeah--err actually it's not confirmed yet".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But don't they still have the license?

Yeah. I'm actually curious as to whether or not Acti was contracted for three games as there's going to be three TASM films; if not, I suspect Acti's Spider-Man games will disappear from digital shelves come January.

Games for Windows Live and Games for Windows are two separate things. The latter is just a certification program, although a rather pointless one since Microsoft quickly developed a lax attitude towards enforcing the requirements (controller support being the big one).

Wait, it was on Steam at one point?

Courtesy of Atari, yeah. Atari's publishing contract expired, so it was pulled, and Quantic hasn't bothered to bring it back despite the game now being self-published on GOG. Yet another case of there being literally nothing in the way of a Steam release (or rather a re-release).

Does anyone know what happened to Cryostasis?

1C's publishing contract expired. There were a few other publishers involved with the game's release internationally so it's hard to say exactly where they went -- in cases like this they typically revert back to the developer, but there are more fingers in Crystasis' pie.

Pyccko

I actually always had an affection for Total Overdose. I'm sure it wouldn't hold up to my memory of it, but it'd be nice to have it on Steam so I could give it a go again.

wazoo

BladeRunner_PC_Game_(Front_Cover).jpg

Westwood's Blade Runner. Loved this game.

Licence games will not come back. Nobody sane in ihis mind in 1997 would have bought a licence for 20 years. Grab it where you can, it runs very well on modern hardware, and if you are curious it can even run in a window using tricks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Ubi will eventually bring back Anno 1701/1701 AD (developed by a now-Ubi-owned developer and published by a now-Ubi-owned publisher).

Steam: Published by Aspyr; pulled in February 2012.
GamersGate: Published by Deep Silver; pulled at some point within the past few months.

Edit: I submitted a support ticket to Ubi regarding Anno 1701 being unavailable digitally anywhere and also reminded it of the incomplete King Kong and Tintin listings in the Steam registry. Maybe lightning will strike twice.

Top Bottom