• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Zheph

For the games I missed

These ones I'm planning on playing on emulation

Persona 1 and both Persona 2 games
All Wild Arms games
All Shadow Hearts games
Koudelka
All Front Mission PS2 games
Thousand Arms

I have even more I can't remember atm
ouch, i find the first personas to be really tedious but I hope you will have a good time
Shadows Hearts games are so good!

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
ouch, i find the first personas to be really tedious but I hope you will have a good time
Shadows Hearts games are so good!

Yeah I just started emulating but I emulate practically everything

The hardest systems for emulation for me is Sega Saturn and Wii (Surprisedly)

With the Sega Saturn I tend to have sound issues with a couple of the titles on there. So I use 3 different Sega Saturn emulators. With the Wii, I tried to emulate The Last Story but that game will always freeze on me. Also translating the motion controls to regular controls has given me issues

Last edited:

stn

Planning to beat Valkyrie Elysium (PS4) tonight, only two chapters left. I will probably play Wanted: Dead (XSX) after that, also got two chapters left in that one.

Reactions: Isa

Draugoth

Gold Member
1. Gear Tactics (Gave Up)

Got the special promo of Xbox Ultimate for $1.99 to see if i could mod the xbox app version of the game before paying full price later. Spend like 6 hours trying to mod the game to no avail. Welp, guess i will have to get it on a promo aon Steam later to try it out.

2. Deathloop (Gave up)

Decided to downoad Deathloop and play a little, the game didnt click for me. Might try again if they ever release the pre order bonus as a separate pack to give me an edge.

3. Back to Diablo 4 (For Now)

Blizzard may suck, but the mindless grinding is fun in diablo. Will play it until Baldur's Gate 3 is released.

Last edited:

Zheph

Yeah I just started emulating but I emulate practically everything

The hardest systems for emulation for me is Sega Saturn and Wii (Surprisedly)

With the Sega Saturn I tend to have sound issues with a couple of the titles on there. So I use 3 different Sega Saturn emulators. With the Wii, I tried to emulate The Last Story but that game will always freeze on me. Also translating the motion controls to regular controls has given me issues
that's some dedication, I never tried to emulate the Saturn actually but there is some games I would like to play again

Pelao

I grabbed Watch Dogs Legion for PS5 for 10 dollars. I'm about six hours in and it's definitely a 10 dollar game. The plot and dialogue are so bad that I'm skipping almost everything. I don't know if I'll finish it, but so far it's been a good game to kill time for a few days.

G-Bus

Banned
Diablo 4 is getting a bit stale already so I'm taking a break for a week or two.

Back into Slay the Spire. Mainly running Ironclad and having a hard time with A6.

Been doing a bit of Tetris Effect at the end of the night too. I really suck at Tetris but I enjoy the visuals and sound design.

Wolfenstein: The new order

Kicking off the weekend with dipping into Wolfenstein: NWO. Somehow I managed to acquire a German language only copy. So, all dialogue and subtitles are entirely displayed in German. I'll be brushing up on some German along the way. 'Guess I'll getting be the "genuine" Wolfenstein experience.

Yesterday started Resistance 3 on PS3.
Chapter 9
I played this a few months ago on PS+ premium and was surprised how good the single player was. I didn't play it when it first came out because Resistance 2 was so disappointing.
I just started Alan Wake remastered and I'm loving it so far. The gameplay is ok but the story is well written.

Last edited:

Dr.brain64

Playing 2 games atm - on ps5:

rc rift apart - 1 trophy left to get plat. Amazing game!

just started dishonored 1 - first time playing it. The controls are surprisingly very good for console.

reektann

Played through Ryse Son of Rome on PC. Pretty crazy how good it looks at 4k with 2x super sampling and the story and voice acting was top rate. Simple but satisfying combat too.

Hindsight on PS5. Been checking any Annapurna published titles I missed and this was one - cool little game - very short but it was also very cheap.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just finished my Faith build playthrough in Elden Ring which I mostly focus on lightning attacks.

My god Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike is really strong agains giant bosses, I absolutely destroyed Dragonlord Placidusax and Elden Beast with that spell.

But I'm disappointed by Lightning Spear spell, even having seal to boost the dragon cult spells and talisman to increase lightning spells it doesn't do too much damage and doesn't have much range even if you charge it.

Weird thing is I can do much better damage with Bolt Of Gransax's Ancient Lightning Spear skill since that weapons mostly scales with Dex rather than Faith.

Last edited:

Fess

I just finished my Faith build playthrough in Elden Ring which I mostly focus on lightning attacks.

My god Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike is really strong agains giant bosses, I absolutely destroyed Dragonlord Placidusax and Elden Beast with that spell.

But I'm disappointed by Lightning Spear spell, even having seal to boost the dragon cult spells and talisman to increase lightning spells it doesn't too much damage and doesn't have much range even if you charge it.

Weird thing is I can much do much better damage with Bolt Of Gransax's Ancient Lightning Spear skill since that weapons mostly scales with Dex rather than Faith.
Okay I’m going with faith next time!

I hate that last boss with wild passion. Closest to ”destroy” it was rushing up close and rain meteorite of astel but I would always get too greedy and stay on it too long and end up dead because I can’t see what’s happening. At the end I always end up fighting normally and dodge and run and die about 50 times on every playthrough. If there was a top list for the most deaths I would have the high score.
🤕

Still love the game! ❤️

Senua

Gold Member
R&C rift apart on pc
arrested-development-david-cross.gif

Danjin44

Okay I’m going with faith next time!

I hate that last boss with wild passion. Closest to ”destroy” it was rushing up close and rain meteorite of astel but I would always get too greedy and stay on it too long and end up dead because I can’t see what’s happening. At the end I always end up fighting normally and dodge and run and die about 50 times on every playthrough. If there was a top list for the most deaths I would have the high score.
🤕

Still love the game! ❤️
Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike is close range spell, my suggestion is summon Mimics tear or any high ash tear to just get off hit from you so you can get close to him to use that spell.

That spell summon multiple lighting and each of them does individual damage, so against huge bosses like Elden Beast it will devastate their health bar.

Also be sure to use Gravel Stone Seal to boost Dragon cult lightning spells and lightning scorpion charm to further damage with lighting attacks.

Honestly in my very first playthrough of Elden Ring, I was mostly melee focus with no spell or any magic and I thought Radagon was much tougher fight (and more epic) than Elden beast.

In fact in this Faith playthrough I had to learned to parry Radagon attacks because with Faith build I did not have the stamina or health to taking him on head on like I did in my fist build, thankfully his easiest one to parry compare to other bosses.

Last edited:

Fess

Ancient Dragons' Lightning Strike is close range spell, my suggestion is summon Mimics tear or any high ash tear to just get off hit from you so you can get close to him to use that spell.

That spell summon multiple lighting and each of them does individual damage, so against huge bosses like Elden Beast it will devastate their health bar.

Also be sure to use Gravel Stone Seal to boost Dragon cult lightning spells and lightning scorpion charm to further damage with lighting attacks.

Honestly in my very first playthrough of Elden Ring, I was mostly melee focus with no spell or any magic and I thought Radagon was much tougher fight (and more epic) than Elden beast.

In fact in this Faith playthrough I had to learned to parry Radagon attacks because with Faith build I did not have the stamina or health to taking him on head on like I did in my fist build, thankfully his easiest one to parry compare to other bosses.
Do we still have to spoiler tag bosses for this game?

Anyway yeah that fight is annoying too, the slow homing walk to triple slam is verrry frustrating, but at least you can see what’s going on. Last one is too big so the camera don’t work, should auto-zoom out so you still see the full boss like Jaffe’s God of War, would’ve made the fight epic instead of janky.

I deliberately went without mimic tear in my last playthrough. Was brutal!

JMZ555

Finished ff16 week or two after it launched and decided to take break and not start something new un-till BG3 Drops.

[Sigma]

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart(PS5) - 80% done on the first play through.

Street Fighter 6 - Training mode mostly. Will probably start doing more World Tour stuff soon.

Starting soon: Ninja Turtles/Twisted Metal or maybe back on Kena. Or maybe play Astro's Playroom, im like the only person on the planet maybe that's had their PS5 for 2+ years and still haven't played it.

Danjin44

Do we still have to spoiler tag bosses for this game?

Anyway yeah that fight is annoying too, the slow homing walk to triple slam is verrry frustrating, but at least you can see what’s going on. Last one is too big so the camera don’t work, should auto-zoom out so you still see the full boss like Jaffe’s God of War, would’ve made the fight epic instead of janky.

I deliberately went without mimic tear in my last playthrough. Was brutal!
This is first playthrough I ever used Mimic Tear in my other playthroughs I never got him. I heard FROM heavily nerfed him, since he barely survive most bosses first phase.

I personally enjoyed Radagon it was a good fight in my opinion but Elden Beast was basically another Dragon fight and as far as Dragon fights go Dragonlord Placidusax was MUCH better fight in my opinion.

Last edited:
As I predicted, I went back to Age of Calamity after completing TotK. Never actually played the DLCs, although I bought them day 1...
I just unlocked Sooga and WOW I love the guy. I suck at timing counters, but I'm still having a lot of fun with him, a lot more than the battle-tested Guardian.

Fess

This is first playthrough I ever used Mimic Tear in my other playthroughs I never got him. I heard FROM heavily nerfed him, since he barely survive most bosses first phase.

I personally enjoyed Radagon I was good fight tin my opinion but Elden Beast was basically another Dragon fight and as far as Dragon fights go Dragonlord Placidusax was MUCH better fight in my opinion.
Yeah it was easier before but Mimic is still by far the best spirit ash imo. I used Lhutel instead last time, was powerful and the teleport was good but was way too slow to attack imo.

And now I want to play it again gah! Thought I would be able to just play TOTK til Starfield arrives but all this talk makes me miss Elden Ring.

Dr. Suchong

Gold Member
Went back to Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
My feelings are mixed. It's absolutely gorgeous to look at, and the platforming/fluid movement and exploration still intoxicating.
However, I feel too many ideas have been thrown in there, and I prefer the stripped back purity of the original in some regards.
The Team Cherry nods are blatant, and the combat is sometimes confusing with the foreground detail and lighting effects making it difficult to ascertain where you are momentarily, making for frustrating moments.
Mapping the slam move to LB is jarring after using Y(?) in the original, and doesn't seem as intuitive (Although that's personal preference I suppose)
That said, I'm still enjoying it immensely.

Isa

Bouncing around a bit myself. Playing some smaller old games like Batsugun and other shmups, enjoying the new Double Dragon game quite a bit. ALso COD 3rd person with my friends when we're on. Debating going through either Judgment or Like a Dragon Ishin. Either are fine since I want to whittle down my backlog, and in prep for the new games later this year and 8 early next. I'll also replay 7 for Series X this time.

When I feel inclined I also dork around in MDA Raincode and Loop 8. Some daily og Spelunky runs and Mechwarrior 5 as well. I also have the new Nobunaga's Ambition game to fall into. Occasionally playing through Samurai Warriors 5 and WOR and Gundam lol. Oh yeah and RE games and other survival horror titles.

amigastar

I'm on Phoenix Point with Terror from the Void mod again. The first time i've played it played it for 68 hours (with breaks of course)
I love this underrated game because it really is a gem.

Last edited:

Gurgeh

Just finished Sable which i enjoyed ( probably the only game on steam i got all the trophies ) and i'm now playing immortals fenyx rising which is also fun to play.

Freeman76

Hunter Call of the Wild. I would recommend this to anyone who gets into looter shooters or any game with rare items/drops. You will think i'm mad for saying that but if anyone is interested I will elaborate for them.

Its my most played game in years, and I have never hunted IRL. Just amazing on so many levels, one of the most replayable games I've ever played.

[Sigma]

Finish first playthrough of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Fun times. It's nice playing a AAA game that just wants to be fun and not wanting all your damn time feeling like a complete slog. Every time I booted up this game, I made real progress. I love that Insomniac has kept the series relatively focused. The humor wasn't all the way there this time around and the story is just ok but I had fun. Way more more fun than I can muster out of Horizon Forbidden West thus far which I still haven't gotten like over 25% the way through. I'm going to try to boot it up for the first time in like 3 or 4 months some time next week.

Last edited:
Hunter Call of the Wild. I would recommend this to anyone who gets into looter shooters or any game with rare items/drops. You will think i'm mad for saying that but if anyone is interested I will elaborate for them.

Its my most played game in years, and I have never hunted IRL. Just amazing on so many levels, one of the most replayable games I've ever played.
Alright, I'm not really interested in the game, but now I'm curious lol

Freeman76

Alright, I'm not really interested in the game, but now I'm curious lol
So the various species of animal all have levels and within those levels there are rare variants. A few of the species have whats called Great Ones, which are highly sought after trophies.

You have a lodge you can display your best finds and other people can visit it to check out your collection.

The stealth mechanics are perfect, you get these huge open maps with varied terrain, weather and a day/night cycle.

You use different caliber weapons for different species of animal.

All animals have rare fur types as well, even the great ones. Lets take a red deer for example. You could find a herd of red deer, all ranging from level 1 to level 7. You kill off a few and they respawn the next day, and you go back to find them and see what new ones have spawned.

You can set up tripods and tents around the map to make an efficient route to grind them, as they all have zones they go to at different times. Red deer for example drink at 6am until 10am, so once you find all the lakes they drink at you can visit them all, shoot all the low level crappy ones, sleep in a tent and change the time back, then do it again to see if any rares have spawned.

There are lots of species from bears, gators, moose, down to foxes and hazel grouse. They all act different and some take more skill to hunt than others. Some come out at night and you can use night vision gear to track them easier.

It has so many deep mechanics, not many games keep me coming back again and again like this one. On top of that, its just so damn relaxing to play.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Just got the plat in Jedi Survivor. Ugly, buggy game. Gameplay was fun, but some of the level design is just weird. Felt like the game was a major step back from Fallen Order.

Wingnut

Started Sifu yesterday on the series x. Normally I don’t like games like that (don’t play rougelites/rougelikes)
But I won that gamecode a while ago in Reddit so I thought I give it a try.

Like it really so far. The fighting feels really great but my parries are bad and I have to learn it 😂

reektann

Homebody on PS5 - Outer Wilds meets survival horror sort of meets the witness meets resident evil minus any combat.

To begin with I was annoyingly confused but I have been playing it all day as I need to see where this goes. The puzzles are really great and there is a very eerie psychological seeming storyline.

Edit - finished it now and it was superb. Don’t miss it. A real mind fuck. Feels very satisfying to have figured it all out myself too.

Last edited:
I only played BoF3 and BoF4 but BoF4 is still the best BoF
I have yet to play either, but I own the third game. I keep saying I’ll get to it, then end up playing something else.

I’m currently playing Suikoden on PS1 instead. This is yet another game that I have owned for a decade and never played. I really like it so far. The pure 2D graphics are actually refreshing. It reminds me of a Sega Genesis game. The battle system is cool, how you enter all the orders then the battle plays out. I wish more games handled combat this way other than the standard Final Fantasy style.

Anyone know of any other JRPG that use this style for battles?

Top Bottom