• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

AC Valhalla just had a hilarious reference to The Prodigy's Smack my bitch up. The world events have been pretty funny so far (and makes the world feel lived and dynamic) but this one probably took the cake (huge Prodigy fan, so that might play a role here). Been having lots of fun with the game these last days. Will most likely be the first AC I actually finish.
What in Christ's name does that even mean LMAO!? I knew that the baseball player Cody Bellinger was in it but jesus I didn't know there was more of that non-historical shit.

Forsete

I completed Horizon Burning Shores. Excellent expansion IMO and really really beautiful, but a bit short perhaps, as I already completed the main missions and all side quests (I still have plenty to do in the regular game though). I now have 62 hours in Forbidden West.

I also completed Uncharted Lost Legacy. I never got it for PS4, so I only started playing it when it became part of PS Plus on PS5. Really enjoyed it, but Nathan Drake (U4) is still the top dawg for me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Taking a little break from TOTK (about 180 hours in) with some shorter games. Did Humanity last week (brilliant game), and this week I've done Alan Wake Remastered (I'm on vacation). Never played this back when as I didn't have a 360. I did try it out on PC a few years later, but never got very far. Now I've finished the main story, got the extra episodes left to do. Great game, loved the story and atmosphere (also loved Control for the same reasons). The gameplay though, eh. Walking through dark forests and pointing a flashlight at shadow people did get pretty old by the end of it, not much variation there. Hoping the sequel has some new ideas, because I'm definitely getting that now (pissed about no physical release though).

I'm doing Elden Ring NG+ in my Faith Lightning focus build and I find it weird that Bolt of Gransax's skill does more damage than Lightning Spear incantation.

My Faith is 70 and Dex is 50 and Bolt of Gransax is scales mostly on Dex rather than Faith and yet still does more damage than Lightning Spear which should scaling with Faith and I have Gravel Stone Seal which should give dragon cult incantation damage boost.
There are a ridiculous amount of buffs for weapon skills and they do not use much FP. Incantations are unevenly buffed, with holy and lightning incantations getting the short end of the stick. If the beast incantations did not have such low base damage, they would actually be good with the buffs available. I am hoping that the DLC amends these issues.

P.S. I read that it is possible to boost the dragon cult incantation damage by having another Gravel Stone Seal in the other hand.

Mr Hyde

Booted up Dead Space remake. One of my favorite horror games of all time. The atmosphere and mood is off the chart here. And playing with headphones, holy shit what an audiovisual experience. Excellent sound design. And all of this at 60 fps. Huge upgrade from the original in terms of design. This is going to be a fun ride.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

8-2-2023_11-53-09_pm-kfcl5.png

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Recently finished Octopath Traveler 2. Liked it a lot, but I wish they changed more from the first one. They kept so much the same. Classes are the same, even some of the stories are the same. I don't think this can sustain for a 3rd entry in the series. Two you can get away with it, but three it'll get ultra repetitive. I don't know if they plan to make another but if they do, need to revamp some things to keep the series fresh.

Going to start another RPG next, debating between a few or possibly another Metroidvania.

Mr Hyde

The lighting in Dead Space is one of the best I've seen so far this gen. Very impressive graphical overhaul. The haptics when you grab stuff with kinesis and shoot them away is also very satisfying. This is Demon's Souls remake quality.

I can't stop playing Atlier games. I platinumed Ayesha and Escha and Logy, now I'm playing Ryza on PS5.

I already beat it on Switch, but now I'm going for the platinum. It's half off on PSN now.

Dis

Resident Evil 2
I’m on Claire’s story 2nd playthrough.
Cant wait till i’m out the police station as i think thats when the game gets good.

And a little bit of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. That artstyle is awesome.

Duchess

Finished The Entropy Centre. Really enjoyed it. Puzzles weren't too difficult in the end, either.

Recommended for those who enjoyed games like Portal, The Talos Principle, and The Turing Test.

re: the plot - Jesus, the game took a pretty dark turn in the end. The in-game lore had made it clear what was actually happening, but it was still a nasty twist.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Now finished NG+ Faith Lightning focus build in Elden Ring also finally managed to platinum it.

Even after all that I’m still craving to do another playthrough but I think I’m gonna take a break from it before I burn myself out.

Last edited:
Knight's contract

Wrapped up Wolfenstein: TNO, started Knight's contract and, woah, its actually really freaking solid? The aesthetic, art direction and combat aren't half bad. It takes a while getting used to since you have to both manage the Knight (Heinrich) and the witch (Gretchen). Its somewhat tough in places too.

Majormaxxx

Just finished Jedi Starfighter! Wow. The xbox is awesome for backwards compatible games.
So Just started playing Jedi Fallen Order on the series x. The sense of mystery and adventure is fantastic. I am not that great at the combat (yet?) but thoroughly enjoying this.

Had to take a break after dropping 60 hours in Pillars of Eternity and another 50 so far into PoE II.. loving every minute of it, but after 100 hours of CRPG I need a breather for a minute. I had bought AC Origins some months ago and tried it out, played for a few hours and while I thought it was OK it didn't really hook me even though I love the setting (main encouragement to try it, plus reading you could "play it first").

So today I thought to play the original Assassin's Creed on 360 since I happen to have it. I played it years and years ago near when it came out and just didn't get into it, not sure why. I love that kind of thing (Templars, etc) so I thought maybe randomly to try it again for a spacer between my CRPG romps.

I'm liking it alright so far, but can't believe there's no option for subtitles. That seems so crazy, but I guess the game is over 15 years old or so, but I'd still expect the option with such a narratively heavy game. Still looks pretty good. We'll see how far I get.

Mr Hyde

I can't get over how fucking good Dead Space looks. The insane attention to detail. The subtle reflections that bounces off Isaacs suit when near a light source. The weapons and their different mechanics, like you can see the blade spinning in the Ripper when you're not using it. The necromorph design, now fully visualized showing they are victims of the gruesome cosmic horror that came aboard the Ishimura. Glimpses of the vast space and the feeling of isolation it evokes. Motive nailed that shit. The remake amplifies what a great game the original was and since everything comes together like clockwork here it makes playing it so much better. The combat is awesome. Using the Ripper (my favorite weapon) is just so satisfying as it tears through the monsters like butter. Or burning everything to a crisp with the flamethrower. The excellent sound design is the cherry on top. It's haunting and scary, making you constantly on edge, despite me knowing this game inside out. Motive has made Dead Space feel fresh and exciting, just like Bluepoint did with Demon's Souls. It's that good.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Halls of Torment. Good thing the early access version is rather short, otherwise I wouldn't be playing anything else. Pure crack!

x1

Labadal

I have been waiting 20ish years for Baldur's Gate 3, and Jagged Alliance 3.

Not only am I playing them, but I am also enjoying them.

Edellus

Ratchet and clank Clank Rift Apart. It is really fun (provided you play in a higher than default difficulty, IMO). I'm in the middle of my 2nd playthrough in challenge mode with highest difficulty and about to platinum it.

It is a fast paced platformer action game, with a lot of spectacle, with a simple yet charming story. It's straight to the point and it doesn't ask much of you to have fun. It's a great palate cleanser if you're coming from a heavy feeling game. I very much recommend it.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'm replaying AC Odyssey since I've never played as Kassandra.
Now I understand the love she gets from players.
It's weird to say but it's like they gave more attention to her animations/expressions compared to Alexios.
I could be wrong it's been a long time since I first played it.
That voice actress is also kicking ass 😁

That "recent" 60 FPS patch helps as well; I'm no tech genius but this looks like it could have been released this year.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Halls of Torment. Good thing the early access version is rather short, otherwise I wouldn't be playing anything else. Pure crack!
Man, I put 36 hours into unlocking all of the games achievements. So short!

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Baldur's Gate III

I'm around 4 hours in this game. I'm haven't gotten to Baldur's Gate yet. I've been taking my time and trying to level up my characters to make my game easier to get through.

I'm at this castle that's been taken over by Goblins. I know I have to kill the Goblin Leader. I'm a bit lost on what to do since everytime I go into battle with him, he destroys my ass lol. So I've decided to go and find ways to level up my characters more. My characters are around level 3

Far Cry 5

30 mins in and I'm enjoying it so far. The premise always interested me, I got this game off a Steam sale and the gunplay especially is fun

lem0n

I'm replaying AC Odyssey since I've never played as Kassandra.
Now I understand the love she gets from players.
It's weird to say but it's like they gave more attention to her animations/expressions compared to Alexios.
I could be wrong it's been a long time since I first played it.
That voice actress is also kicking ass 😁

That "recent" 60 FPS patch helps as well; I'm no tech genius but this looks like it could have been released this year.
Odyssey is really good. I should revisit. Also, thanks for the Gold friend!

Still playing Assassin's Creed on 360 from earlier tonight.. really impressed with it honestly, especially considering 15 years old or so. Must have been pretty great at the time. Based on my achievements I tried it in 2009 for about 3 days, but never made it to the first sanctioned kill even. I'm now 6/9 through and I'm fairly hooked. The gameplay loop is pretty simple but I'm enjoying it - the controls feel pretty wonky at first, but once you adjust you're moving very effectively up and across things, climbing whatever.. the combat is very basic but functions well enough despite a little jank, I like it. I love the way you creep up on people and assassinate them in a crowd, but slowly move away before they fall down and a commotion is made. Seems like a great game really. I still don't quite see the point of the modern day sequences yet, but at the least it does provide a logical reason for moving forward past what would be dull backtracking and whatnot. Playing this really brings back how much I enjoyed the 360.

There is one thing I can't figure out - there's one of the guys you speak to and he gives you two targets with 3 minute timer, but each of the targets is in some big group - how am I supposed to handle them exactly without being seen? I ended up doing other tasks, but it nags at me.

Last edited:

John Marston

Far Cry 5

30 mins in and I'm enjoying it so far. The premise always interested me, I got this game off a Steam sale and the gunplay especially is fun
If you get the Mars DLC you can get a bunch of overpowered lazer weapons to use in the main game which pretty much makes you a God but it's funny as hell 😁

John Marston

There is one thing I can't figure out - there's one of the guys you speak to and he gives you two targets with 3 minute timer, but each of the targets is in some big group - how am I supposed to handle them exactly without being seen? I ended up doing other tasks, but it nags at me.
Back in the day I played the hell out of this on my 360. The only achievements I didn't get were a couple of the Templar flag things.

As for your question it's just been too long for me, I can't help.
Find anything on Youtube?

Top Bottom