• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Had no idea this was dropping today. Picked it up immediately.

Totally new genre. I guess its a shmup like Omega Five. Heavy metal OST riffs the whole time. Looks like its their first game in 3d instead of pixel art. I'm digging it so far. You can manually turn around and you have to use your sword attacks to charge your shot so it feels a bit strategic.

bedivere_tga_thumbnail-C-LFt_Ues.jpg

Duchess

Finished The Mobius Machine.

Honest opinion: it's a good Metroidvania, but nothing special. It's better than the "Weak" rating that it holds on OpenCritic. I would personally give it a Fair.

Not much in the way of story, but the game was overall quite fun, and there was some nice variety in the gameplay. Only one frustrating boss, which was far more difficult than it should've been.

Took me 20 hours to finish, but I've not done everything yet. Probably won't go for the platinum trophy (requires a speed run of under 6 hours).

cman

Neo Member
DCS F/A - 18 Hornet Single Player Story Campaign, Rise Of The Persian Lion.

Completed hard mode mission 10 not too long ago, played it with Front Mission 5 OST lol. It was A rescue Op. Lt "Cutlass" was shot down by a SAM (Surface to Air Missile) during his CAP Mission, He ejected and managed to avoid capture, the enemy were actively looking for him. Pretty tough because ROE was strict and collateral damage must be kept to a minimum and we weren't allowed to use any Air to Ground missile and thus a surgical strike using guns. It's pretty windy too and thus had to take into account the wind force and direction too when firing my Hornet's guns to take out the Tangos. and the Tangos had MANPADS too, had to jink hard while diving down and dropped quite a lot of Flares to dodge the MANPAD missiles. Took out 3 moving vehicles that were chasing "Cutlass" and more. With the area cleared we could call in the rescue chopper. Then the enemy launched 3 Mig 21s, had to take them out. Since we were not carrying any Medium range AMRAAM missiles but only close Range AIM 9x Sidewinder missiles had to go in close to take them out, no BVR Combat. Took out 2 and Wingman took out 1. Recorded the main part of Mission 10 of my play:

Hopefully I'm playing this over the long weekend too. Fingers crossed it delivers tomorrow or the day after and doesn't get delayed cause of long weekend.
Buy local, my friend. I have two GameStop and one family owned shop within 15 minutes of home. It’s been maybe ten years since I bought a launch day game online.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Buy local, my friend. I have two GameStop and one family owned shop within 15 minutes of home. It’s been maybe ten years since I bought a launch day game online.

It's gamefly, I've all but stopped purchasing full priced cause I end up reselling them after beating them anyway.

Better for my own personal style of playing new games.

Last edited:

RCX

odin sphere leifthrasir

Has its hooks into me big time. I've played this and dragons crown from Vanillaware and have to say this is my favorite so far.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Just finished BG&E 20th edition. Enjoyed it again. Looks great in 4K. Cant recall any noticable framedrops. The added stuff is nice but dont really care about Jade her background story since we'll never see a sequel. Stupid pirate shit. PS, its the only game I play in my own language. The Gamecube version wasnt in English so I had to deal with it but I just cant hear it any other way.

EerieArcade

Neo Member
Withering Rooms
Took a chance on this as it was pretty cheap. Enjoying it after two hours. Not sure if the game is challenging or if I suck at it.

Black Myth Wukong
Beaten a couple of bosses in chapter 3 and encountered a few bugs and glitches - I didn't get a cutscene when beating a certain boss, two crashes and I fell through the floor. Still enjoying my time with it though.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Just beaten all the normal levels in Aaero. Cool little rhythm game. Check it if you like drumnbass/dub. Its on GP I believe. I want to play Thumper now.

Tunned

I have completed a handful of games, one of them being Days Gone on PC.. loved it! And I hate that there will most likely never be a part 2 :(
Also cleared Dying Light, Celeste, UnMetal Warhammer Space Marine, and Tunic all on the Steam Deck, and loved all of them.

Now I have started playing through Driver San Francisco for the first time, also on the Deck. Holy shit how did I never play this game? I did not expect it to be so good! Runs on the highest setting, native res at 90 fps, looks great and the Deck OLED does 4 hours of battery!

Also started Watch Dogs for the first time, with the "Living World" mod. Only played a half hour or so to test performance on the Deck. Pretty much runs at a locked 45 fps, on high settings, and can even go over 60 fps.

TLDR: I love my Steam Deck. Summer holidays alone without the family are epic!

RAIDEN1

Finally, finally completed Mass Effect 3 for the 2nd time, little knowing that a week later news breaks that a Mass Effect 3 expansion/mod is available that is as good as it being an official release, but the issue being you need a modern-state-of the art PC to get it running, and there are no plans of getting it on consoles...especially when anything Mass Effect related would be welcome right now......I am trudging along with Black (2005) on Gamepass on the Series X, but 2 missions in I haven't found it to be a super immersive experience...and maybe I am continuing with it for the sake of it like I did with Jusant which I eventually deleted...I also revisited Observation the sci-fi game that seems somewhat interesting as it has been dormant in my library for aaages..

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm absolutely loving the crap out of Visions of Man, classes are fun and combat feels satisfying and my god the world is gorgeous.

I'm finished base MH World and trying to increase my HR before moving to Icebone.......Its been good while since I played world so I might be little rusty but I dont remember having such a hard time fighting Lunastra.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Roberts

Got to the end credits in Kena. Really enjoyed the game - I think Sony should have acquired the studio as the game's tone and mood is very much a Playstation one but I totally didn't mind playing it on my XSX. Finished it on Expert Spirit Guide setting and didn't really have a hard time with it. I actually got the last boss on the first try and I'm kind of a guy who always struggles with From Software bosses.

EerieArcade

Neo Member
Black Myth Wukong
I made it to chapter 4. Really like the atmosphere and vibe in this area.

Kingdom Hearts
I sealed Neverland and have made my way to Hollow Bastion: Beat Riku, Malificent, and her dragon form.

I'm absolutely loving the crap out of Visions of Man, classes are fun and combat feels satisfying and my god the world is gorgeous.

I'm finished base MH World and trying to increase my HR before moving to Icebone.......Its been good while since I played world so I might be little rusty but I dont remember having such a hard time fighting Lunastra.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

That first Lunastra fight that has the time limit and supernova in the arena? Fuck that one, worst fight in all the game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That first Lunastra fight that has the time limit and supernova in the arena? Fuck that one, worst fight in all the game.
That one you have repel instead of hunt her but when you have to hunt both Lunastra and Teostra….god damn that was pain!

Lunastra Is already handful but Testora keep interfering and their bond abilities between the two.

Me the entire hunt…
giphy.webp

Hrk69

Gold Member
Wu-kong baby

Bought a couple of other games, played them a little but I felt guilty for not playing Wu-kong

Duchess

More or less done with The Mobius Machine.

I was hoping to take a shot at the platinum trophy, but it seems I'm bugged on the 100% completion trophy; I've searched all over for hours, and cannot find the final 5 items I'm missing (they should also be marked on the map display itself).

Well, I'll have one more go tonight while I wait for Armored Core 6 to arrive.

Dazraell

I'm bouncing between playing Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Yakuza Kiwami

I'm relatively early in both games, just reached Beregost in BG1 and started chapter 4 in Kiwami

Got to the end credits in Kena. Really enjoyed the game - I think Sony should have acquired the studio as the game's tone and mood is very much a Playstation ...
Big companies are like dementors. They suck the soul out of independent studios leaving an empty shell.

So many indie. comapnies (that used to release one hit after another in 2000s/2010s) went kapish once they were acquired by Sony/MS.

I hope regulatory authorities ban acquisition of indie studios by large firms as it leads layoffs and lack of productivity.

I am currently playing Elden Ring Deluxe edition with Shadow of Erdtree DLC on PC, and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on PS5.

1. Elden Ring . I am playing as a Vagabond and at level 109 with a strength build - 40 Str. 35 Vig. and Endu.

Using Grafted Blade Greatsword +5 and Gilded Greatshield +5 as my main.

Up till now I have vanquished three main bosses: Margit, Godfrick, and Rennala, and a lot of lessor bosses of which I found beating CleanRot Knights and Minor Erdtree the hardest.

FromSoft deserve all the credit for this flawless masterpiece.
I am amazed how well the game runs on my laptop with Iris Xe with no freezing and crashes. If only more games were optimized like this game with visually appealing rather than realistic graphics.
My score: 10/10 +25 bonus points.

2. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. I am currently at Chapter 8 in Corel prison - level 35. The game is one of the most enjoyable I have ever played. The graphics looks so stunning and a big upgrade as compared to Remake.

Square Enix really upped the game with this one. I loved Costa del Sol in chap. 6 the most due to gorgeous scenery and fun activities. The Gold Saucer in chapter 8 was also fun to play.
My score: 10/10

I am currently playing Elden Ring Deluxe edition with Shadow of Erdtree DLC on PC, and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on PS5.

1. Elden Ring . I am playing as a Vagabond and at level 109 with a strength build - 40 Str. 35 Vig. and Endu.

Using Grafted Blade Greatsword +5 and Gilded Greatshield +5 as my main.

Up till now I have vanquished three main bosses: Margit, Godfrick, and Rennala, and a lot of lessor bosses of which I found beating CleanRot Knights and Minor Erdtree the hardest.

FromSoft deserve all the credit for this flawless masterpiece.
I am amazed how well the game runs on my laptop with Iris Xe with no freezing and crashes. If only more games were optimized like this game with visually appealing rather than realistic graphics.
My score: 10/10 +25 bonus points.

2. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. I am currently at Chapter 8 in Corel prison - level 35. The game is one of the most enjoyable I have ever played. The graphics looks so stunning and a big upgrade as compared to Remake.

Square Enix really upped the game with this one. I loved Costa del Sol in chap. 6 the most due to gorgeous scenery and fun activities. The Gold Saucer in chapter 8 was also fun to play.
My score: 10/10

The two best games of 2024 so far. Let's see if Astro Bot joins their ranks too.

Yerd

I just finished God of War Ragnarok. The last time I played it was in 2022, my game was left at one of the berserkers. I play on god of war difficulty and I'm old so it takes me sometimes 100s of tries to do some of these fights. I had to relearn all the moves to get back into a groove, but I finally finished the game over a few days.

I wanted to do more PSVR2, but I'm waiting on my prescription lenses to arrive.

Fbh

Replayed Titanfall 2.
Still one of the best single player FPS campaigns IMO and it still holds up really well, looks and plays great even today.

Started Citizen Sleeper.
So far it's really interesting, the world and art style is great and I like the mechanics. It's sort of like a visual novel but with light RPG mechanics in the form of certain stats, skills and dice throws. The non binary doctor is a bit eye rolling but other than that I want to see where the story goes.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Started Citizen Sleeper.
So far it's really interesting, the world and art style is great and I like the mechanics. It's sort of like a visual novel but with light RPG mechanics in the form of certain stats, skills and dice throws. The non binary doctor is a bit eye rolling but other than that I want to see where the story goes.
Game's a masterpiece. It's like a visual novel meets a board game. The elegance of managing so many systems just with the dice rolls is impressive.

Top Bottom