• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Finally wrapped up Ghost of Tsushima after 80hrs. Did every single side quest and activity, and went back and grabbed the bonus armor sets for God of War, Bloodborne, and Shadow of the Colossus.

Moving on to High on Life which is okay so far. Humor is hit or miss, but you at least have the option to dial down how talkative the characters are.

King Dazzar

I recently retried Starfield on XSX. A number of issues had me shelve it again. Enemy ai (shooting at me inside a sealed building from the outside) and generally terrible in fire fights, cringe writing from the get go, terrible lighting and HDR and awful performance in places (brilliant in others). There are moments when I wanted to really like it, but there's always something annoying me throughout. Thankfully played on GP.

Moved on to revisiting another game. AC Origins. Which on XSX is near native 4k (probably around 1800p or so). Mostly a locked 60fps, to the point where by I dont use VRR. It takes some tweaking, but the HDR can be dialled into looking great. And imo this game still looks better or as good as many modern day releases. And yet keeps a great frame rate. Anyway its one of my fav AC games and I love the Ancient Egyptian mystique about it all.

I did also try AC Odyssey recently, but it doesnt look so nice as Origins imo. And I had some crashes late game during sea battles. It also is less stable frame rate wise and did require VRR. Never quite clicked with me.

Highly recommend revisiting AC Origins on XSX.

Mr Hyde

Finished Spec Ops the Line. I liked it. The story is pretty depressing and goes deep with the psychology of being affected by war trauma. I won't go in to spoilers but the ending is deeply affecting emotionally. Its well written. Aside from the story, the action is intense and I love the feeling of team work with your other crew members. The AI works well in this regard. All in all, Spec Ops is a psychologically driven, intellectual third person shooter, that touches on themes that games rarely goes into, at least to my knowledge. That is something that you don't see everyday. Highly recommend.

Needlecrash

Been on a Souls grind lately. Finished up Dark Souls 1 (PC) & 2 (PS4) - Not the first time I have beat Dark Souls 1 tho. Starting Dark Souls 3 on PS5 and about to start Sekiro. Playing Black Myth Wukong now too. I need to finish up Lies of P too. I think I am close to the end.

I've double dipped on Dark Souls 3 on PC/PS5 & tripled dipped on Sekiro (PC/PS4/Xbox One X).

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Frog Detective - just turned it on. First 10 min made me smile. Hilarious so far, good writing, good OST.
Rogue Legacy 2 - roguelike grind, but its surprisingly good.
Gears Tactics - its very good but I feel the burnout fast. Some battles can take 30-40 min.
Kunitsu-Gami - difficulty just started ramping up. Died 3x in a row.

Last edited:

foamdino

Finished Pillars of Eternity 2 - great CRPG, shame they're making Avowed instead of Pillars 3

I'm going back to BG3 next as I've failed miserably at getting much past lvl 10 in Caves of Qud (although I have made more progress than previous attempts and I understand more of the game and systems now)

I'm sort of stuck on a fight in BG3 so I've been delaying going back to it - but with nothing else on my work laptop I'll have to dive in and beat this fight.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Switching between wukong and kingdome come (trying to get past the terrible combat and lockpicking mechanics).

Also started yet another run on mhw, wilds made me hyped as hell.

Finished Spec Ops the Line. I liked it. The story is pretty depressing and goes deep with the psychology of being affected by war trauma. I won't go in to spoilers but the ending is deeply affecting emotionally. Its well written. Aside from the story, the action is intense and I love the feeling of team work with your other crew members. The AI works well in this regard. All in all, Spec Ops is a psychologically driven, intellectual third person shooter, that touches on themes that games rarely goes into, at least to my knowledge. That is something that you don't see everyday. Highly recommend.

I don't usually play third person shooter but this game was a pleasant surprise

Last edited:

Dazraell

I've finished Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All. It has a very solid artstyle similar to comics, but gameplay was lacking and repetitive

I also started another playtrough of Arkham Asylum. Haven't played it in years and wanted to revisit it

amigastar

I've finished Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All. It has a very solid artstyle similar to comics, but gameplay was lacking and repetitive

I also started another playtrough of Arkham Asylum. Haven't played it in years and wanted to revisit it
Ah Arkham Asylum, i remember seeing the first footage and thinking it will be bad and flop, was i wrong.

Roberts

About halfway through Kena. I love everything about it except the storytelling - no wonder it came out on PS first, because it really feels like a PS game with all the overly serious, heavy-handed storytelling. But the rest is seriously great, I love exploring the world and despite relatively shitty mob variety, the fights are awesome too.

Magister

Neo Member
Persona 3 Reload: Everything is good, but farming for money sucks. I just want to farm for money, not to be overleveled. The same gold hands I have to hunt down give me too much EXP and I just want the money. Then the game becomes a cakewalk for that, but I need the money because I want to summon from the Compendium. However, it is a great remake of my favorite story of all time, but some scenes are worse than the original.

Deep Rock Galactic: It is a hidden gem for me and I don't even like shooters much. The randos on lobbies are all nice, so I don't always have to play alone. Played it for 10+ hours and it is a great both multiplayer and solo experience. Rock and stone!

Last edited:

Hanna7

Neo Member
My favorites are The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Pokemon go, Relax Gaming slot Ancient Tumble and The Aviator slot, that's because I follow DiceGirl Egle, she helps a lot with slot games, I also like to play chess a lot lately, it's not that popular but I like it a lot. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

EerieArcade

Neo Member
Kingdom Hearts (Steam Deck)
Just sealed the keyhole in Neverland. Going to tackle the newly opened cup at the Coliseum next.

Black Myth Wukong (PS5)
I'm up to chapter 3. The boss in this area is the only one I dislike - the hitbox is irritating.

Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS5)
Killed Del Lago and now I'm roaming around collecting treasure.

NewYork

Neo Member
I returned to Monster Train once again. 80+ hours into the game. Many people might disagree, but I consider it the best deckbuilder ever, slightly better than Slay The Spire. Which is also awesome, but Monster Train feels more rewarding. I feel my defeats are mostly my fault, my wins are result of good decisions. In Slay the Spire too often I felt the defeat was RNG's fault, not mine.

Duchess

About halfway through Kena. I love everything about it except the storytelling - no wonder it came out on PS first, because it really feels like a PS game with all the overly serious, heavy-handed storytelling. But the rest is seriously great, I love exploring the world and despite relatively shitty mob variety, the fights are awesome too.
I loved that game. I don't believe the devs are interested in returning to the world or the character, which is a shame.

Last edited:

jburdick7

Neo Member
Currently playing through Black Myth Wukong on my PC. About halfway through Chapter 2, game looks and runs awesome on my ultrawide. Hoping I can have all the achievements knocked out before FF XVI drops next month.

Otherwise I’m playing random indies and emulated switch games on my Steam Deck on my breaks at work (currently trying to get gold + 3 stars in all 150 cc cups in Mario Kart 8… about halfway done with it).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Picked up Vanishing of Ethan Carter on Xbox (it's on sale). They added multiple resolution and FPS options for the One X.

While it barely hit 40's on the One X, Series X is able to brute force it to native 4K at 60 pretty much lock solid.

The games vibrant and colorful style looks great.

Xv6a6Xp.jpeg

8duZtUq.jpeg

wbSSAD5.jpeg

Dr. Suchong

Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
Finished it just now and it's been bittersweet for me.
Some incredibly frustrating sections.
The lushness of the visuals makes it hard to see what the hell is going on sometimes.
Bosses that make you say "Thank fuck for that" when you vanquish them, as opposed to feeling elated.
The chase sequences should at least have a mid check point.
I loved it, I hated it.
Shriek or whatever it's called was a mess in it's final sequence.
I was so pissed I barely watched the ending.
Can't wait for another!

Banned
Baldur's Gate 3 (PS5)
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)

I am trying to get a couple races in each day on GT7 and maybe I will play BG3 a couple times per week. Really taking my time with that one.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I‘m replaying Monster Hunter Wolrd thanks to MH Wilds hype and just finished base game content but im gonna put on hold and once Im done with Visions of Mana then I will move on to Iceborne.

God Monster Hunter is such a fun game.

Cyberpunkd

Diablo IV on Steam Deck. Diablo holds a dear place in my heart (15 hours non stop gaming in Diablo 1, made it from caves to Hell), looking forward to jumping into the newest instalment and trying the expansion in October.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Even though I just bought Black Myth Wukong, I’m finally playing Hogwarts Legacy on my PS5.

After Hogwarts, I think I will go with Wukong and then FF16.

KINGMOKU

Replaying steamworld heist, so I can then go through the sequel. Also play Warzone with the boys, but I have grown weary of Afterbirth Island, and PC players.

Gonna nab a PS5 at some point, so I can lock myself behind a firewall from the absurd cheating.

XXL

Still playing BG3. I'm getting close to about 600hrs between PC and PS5.

Start replaying Deus Ex Human Revolution on Steam recently too (its so fucking good).

mafon2

Neo Member
When I don't know what to play, I launch Into the Breach. It's my crack, I can't get enough of it.

Lately, though, I was playing Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. I didn't expect anything from it, as I've played only one musou game before, and wasn't a big fan of the gameplay. To my surprise, it grabbed me pretty hard. Reminfds me of Valkyria Chronicles a lot.

engstra

Decided to play Horizon Forbidden West since it's leaving PS+ in a few weeks time. I'm enjoying it quite a lot, just now entering into the desert area after finishing up everything I could do in the Utaru region. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before it gets taken off the service. Game looks really good.

Top Bottom