• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game is your goty and will sell best??

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
for me

1 Astrobo GOTY

sell 20 million

39891228403_12f092a56a_o.gif

2 TOTK amazes me buuuuut this looks a bit crud i need sword fighting

vlcsnap_2024_06_18_10h27m24s341.jpg

sell 4 million

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Shadow of the Erdtree for me., by quite a bit so far.
From`s level, art and combatdesign is hard to beat. Playing other games with onedimensional floaty combat and tons of invisible walls everywhere (looking at you Wukong) afterwards really makes you realize just how damn good From is at what they`re doing.
Sales wise Black myth will probably beat out everything....except maybe COD?

Last edited:
Only one I play with any consistency is Tekken 8. There are some things that irk me about it, but it is always a fun time. Once the King of the Iron Fist arrives I will be golden for the forseeable future. No way it can beat Wukong sales in China though. I am not sure anything can beat them this year.
LCb3s.qR4e-small-Tekken-8-Official-Heihachi-.jpg

I don’t do GOTY, but my most played this year according to my profiles are (in order of time spent):

1. Starfield (by far)
2. FFVII remake pt 1
3. Star Wars Jedi Survivor
4. Sniper Elite 5

Star Wars Outlaws will be number 5 when I finish it I imagine, and I intend to spend a lot of time on FFVII pt 2 shortly. Indy and Assassin’s Creed Shadows are the two I’m most looking forward to that aren’t out yet.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I expect Flight Sim 2024 to be my GOTY unless they really balls it up. God knows how much it will sell, doubt we will ever know anyway.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Only one I play with any consistency is Tekken 8. There are some things that irk me about it, but it is always a fun time. Once the King of the Iron Fist arrives I will be golden for the forseeable future. No way it can beat Wukong sales in China though. I am not sure anything can beat them this year.
LCb3s.qR4e-small-Tekken-8-Official-Heihachi-.jpg

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

We gotta get some more sets in bro

My GOTY is easily FF7 Rebirth but it won't sell as much as it deserves because people can't accept that it's not a 1:1 remake...and I can understand the sentiment but I'd much rather not know exactly how the events will unfold than a remaster. It's a perfect game really.

The music is S+ Tier.
The story is expanded like never before compared to the original.
Queen's Blood is a legit deep card game.
Every mini-game from the original have been revamped.
The voice acting is S+ Tier.

kunonabi

Currently Sandland but most of my money has gone towards finishing my game room so I haven't played much this year. I'd expect echoes of wisdom to be a shoe-in but after totk and botw who the hell knows if I'll even like it enough to finish it.

Slitterhead probably has the best shot at my GOTY. As for sales, I don't know and don't really care.

My GOTY this year is Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Other games I liked playing this year include Tekken 8, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, and Astro Bot. All of these games apart from POP have received universal acclaim as per Meta Critic as well.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth may have some technical issues. But they weren't significant to break the gameplay, similar to the bug infested Cyberpunk and other games. The graphics looks impressive (quality mode) and the gameplay is fun esp. I liked playing Queen's Blood.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I don't think anything I really like will sell the best really, stuff like Call Of Duty, Madden, EA FC etc are not really games I play so...

My GOTY right now is FFVII Part 2, but that could change with Metaphor: Refantazio. I would list Persona 3 remake, but I like it as much as I liked the original, not enough to go over new entries though

I'm liking Star Wars Outlaws, but nothing to list as GOTY and I'm sure I'll feel around the same way with AC Shadows, so...it depends.

AC Shadows would have to be, like really, really good for me to say its my GOTY

Add in owning a Samurai clan where you can recruit them, you can become a Shogun ordering hits, taking land lol

So a few more game releases before I feel ok naming a personal GOTY

handshake-atlus.gif
ac-feudal-japan-assassins-creed-japan.gif

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island and Balatro still occupy my top two spots.

The best game that I played this year definitely was 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Not sure what I'd have as my GOTY since I haven't played many of them, but fuck it since it came out way late in 2023 I'm going to have The Talos Principle 2 here since that game is an absolute masterpiece.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The best game that I played this year definitely was 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Not sure what I'd have as my GOTY since I haven't played many of them, but fuck it since it came out way late in 2023 I'm going to have The Talos Principle 2 here since that game is an absolute masterpiece.
giphy.gif

That game was my GOTY back in 2020 and to this day I cant stop thinking about this game.

april6e

This year is very weird. There have been plenty of good games and yet there isn't one that has clearly separated itself from the pack.

It's between Astrobot and Final Fantasy 7 Remake part 2 IMO. The former is an innovative game but it doesn't quite feel GOTY winner levels of good. The latter is the better overall game but it didn't really do much to innovate over the first game so I have a hard time putting it over Astrobot.

If Stalker 2 doesn't make a clear case for GOTY, then the GOTY discussion this year is going to be between like 5 different games.

Last edited:

Duchess

For me, FF7 Rebirth.

I loved absolutely everything about the game, but the one thing that took me by surprise was just how funny it is. I do hope they retain the same level of humour for Part 3.

nnytk

Unicorn Overlord is my GOTY. Played it on Switch for 70hrs. I normally don't spend that much time with a game.

I also replayed DaS3 + DLC with a friend and that was a blast too. EDF 6 and Chained Together are also lovely.

Balatro deserves all the love it gets.

Elden Ring DLC was a real disappointment to me. Too cryptic. ADHD bosses. Scadutree system sucks.

Last edited:

Sensei

GOTY: Probably FFVII Rebirth. I still have to play both Astro Bot and Metaphor: ReFantazio though. So I will reserve my final judgement until then.

Top seller: Black Myth Wukong. It should easily surpass 20 million units and I don't think any other game will do better this year.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Not sure about sales (maybe +10 million, especially if it gets GOTY), but Astrobot is the clear GOTY winner for me.

Note - I haven't played FF7 Rebirth yet, which seems to be the strongest 2nd competitor to me right now.

pudel

Its too early. There is so much still to come this year.

...but I want "Stalker" to be my GOTY this year. Pls be good....

I Hope Please GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
1. Dragon's Dogma 2
2. SMT VV
3. EDF 6
4. Black Myth: Wukong
5. Space Marine 2

Don't care about sales, but those are the games I've enjoyed the most out the ones that have come out this year.

Robb

Gold Member
It’ll be between Plucky Squire, Astro Bot, Zelda Echoes of Wisdom and Mario & Luigi: Brothership I think.

Assuming I’ll play Astro Bot before the end of the year, my guess is that’ll be it. I’m a sucker for great platformers and nostalgia.

No idea about the sales. I hope they all sell a lot. But I’ll guess Zelda will sell the best of the lot, if only because of the brand.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

That game was my GOTY back in 2020 and to this day I cant stop thinking about this game.

It's an absolute masterpiece and the characters are incredible, I wish I could play it again for the first time. I love the pacing and structure and the phenomenal writing. Truly an elite game.

Top Bottom