• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game will you play for spooky October?

Cyberpunkd

Can be one you will play throughout the month, or just on Halloween and then never touch till next year.

Some context: I hate scary games, they make me…scared. Got gifted Alien Isolation by my brother a few years back, made it to when the alien starts hunting you, stopped there, never picked it up.

This time I’m thinking to play Resident Evil (the first one) with my wife on a Steamdeck, that small screen can’t be that scary, right?

Issa Rae Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

big bang theory help GIF

xrnzaaas

Already replayed Dead Space Remake and Hellblade (had some horror bits) in the first days of October. I'm thinking about playing Observer, or replaying OG Silent Hill 2 / Alien Isolation. :)

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Already replayed Dead Space Remake and Hellblade (had some horror bits) in the first days of October. I'm thinking about playing Observer, or replaying OG Silent Hill 2 / Alien Isolation. :)
I still have the OG Dead Space in my Steam account, maybe I should play that…

xrnzaaas

I still have the OG Dead Space in my Steam account, maybe I should play that…
I did that a year before the remake was released and it still holds up really well. Only the Zero-G sections have awful controls and I'm glad they've fixed that in the remake.

Last edited:

FreeY$L

Neo Member
Silent hill 2, made it to the apartment complex level, forgot how terrifying that place is, except in third person perspective, and despite the change in perspective, its still claustrophobic. A surround sound system is essential for this game.

Pejo

My gf wants me to play Phasmophobia with her, so I'll be picking that up. Outside of that, I might give Dead Space remake a try if I can find it for ~$30, or that Alien Isolation game that I picked up cheap and never played yet.

Almost done with Signalis which I kept postponing and it's pretty damn good. I'd say an 8/10

I also have in my backlog

and Silent Hill 2 remake so I guess that might be it if I decide to get Metaphor.

Signalis was great, a nice surprise especially at $20.

I bought Bone Totem on sale, and the console interface is so terrible that I shelved it. Looks great though!

Holammer

Maybe play some Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion again, haven't played it since 2015. Simple graphics and it starts in a whimsical manner, but it ratchets things up a notch every time you descend further down. Even if I think the pixel jank elevates it, there's a paid HD version.

I've been aware of the Backrooms phenomenon for awhile, but I finally sat down and watched Kane Pixel's interpretation the other day and it was actually pretty good! Worth checking out in the middle of the night. The horror aspect is pretty effective as it builds slowly without employing cheap jump scares.

Just look how many Backrooms games there are on Steam, where to even begin if you want to play something? There's 353 games there (some SCP overlap).

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I turned on Still Wakes the Deep but never set aside enough time for it. Going to run through the whole thing.

I also still have Alan Wake 1 and 2 to play, so maybe I'll get to that by next October.

Clocktower is coming out and I'm interested, but will likely wait for a discount.

I've played through Organ Quarter, VR survival horror. Awesome game.

Also played a bit of Exorcist VR, pretty damn good.

Right now I'm chipping away at HappyFunland, VR walking sim/puzzle game. Explore an abandoned Disney World filled with crude humor and horror themes.

Also playing Alone in the Dark 2024.

Plan on getting SH2 later in the month.

Also want to plow through Splatterhouse PS3, possibly C:VX, and some other VR horror.

I'm going all out this month. Also been watching horror movies in the theater and at home. Haunted Hayride/Haunted House in a week and also a corn maze/pumpkin patch. Absolutely love the Halloween season.

My gf wants me to play Phasmophobia with her, so I'll be picking that up. Outside of that, I might give Dead Space remake a try if I can find it for ~$30, or that Alien Isolation game that I picked up cheap and never played yet.
That's coming to PSVR2 soon! I'm so stoked.

HyperSeg

Neo Member
Realms of the Haunting and Clive Barker's Undying.
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

For the more modern games, Silent Hill 2 of course and maybe casting of Frank Stone.

I always play P.T. (still on my PS4 and the only game that has actually made me feel uneasy) and Zombies ate my Neighbors annually.

Krathoon

It seems like the best time to play indie horror games. There are some pretty good collections on Steam.

You also have the Haunted PS1 collections too.

I got a couple of Backrooms games to play.

El Muerto

Gold Member
I got Alone in the Dark coming in from Gamefly. Also playing The Quarry. Might go through my backlog if i got time and check out The Chant, Tormented Souls, The Sinking City, Maid of Sker, and the Remothered series.

Top Bottom