• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game would you erase from existence?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Given the chance, you could pick any single title and erase it, what would you pick?

Keep in mind that this would have an effect and change the outcome of things. For example: erasing specific games could've prevented BR titles from becoming popular, or other games being erased prevented battle passes. On the opposite side of things, erasing certain bad titles could have overall negative impacts if things changed for the positive after they had released.

My pick: GTA Online. The reason? It changed Rockstar. They've only put out a single game since GTAV and essentially abandoned it with no major updates or patches for current gen systems. No major expansions. GTAV itself never got any expansions either and the focus has been almost entirely on GTA Online. Sorry to any GTA Online enjoyers.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
Fuckin love Oblivion but if it this will stop DLCs from happening then I would do it.

There's still like a Bajillion Korean games I would remove from existence first though like Maple Story and such that proliferated F2P.

R6Rider

Gold Member
You erase Xbox and you erase your reason for living the last 20+ years.
Disappear Peace Out GIF by ENCE

RIP Ass of Can

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Maybe Fortnite, shitty gameplay that diverted a huge amount of industry resources into cloning it and making BR games where they shouldn't have been. It's only popular because kids are poor.

I wanted Titanfall 3 damn it

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
a sacrifice I'm willing to make knowing i made the world a better place.
Theres a movie in this.

Ass sent back in time to terminate the son of xbox, to win the war before it even starts. Twist could be we just sent you back in time just to get rid of your annoying dish as the war has already been won.

Last edited:

Damigos

Call of Duty, god what its become..
Roblox, for obvious reasons
Overwatch 2, they should be stayed with OW1 but i guess they couldnt monetize it enough
Oblivion, excellent game but it started the horse armor dlc sh*t
Anything f2p mobile gatcha season pass microdlc sh*t

I would also like to mention that i would LOVE for some games to return, specifically from the arcade racer genre. Wipeout, Motorstorm, Driveclub, Blur etc we miss you

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This is a tough one because I really like and play all kinds of games and believe they all deserve to exist. For better or worse.

That being said, I would say Happy Wars. It was the first game I played that abused microtransactions. I was naive at the time and spent $120 on "Happy Tickets" to upgrade my warrior and mage characters. The game was so fun and the spending became almost a badge of honor and lack of self control at the same time. I was playing with like 5 or 6 friends and when one started spending and we all saw how his character just started destroying the other team, we all started buying. It was a low point for me and since them I've continued to buy microtransactions in other games. Black Desert Online is a particular sore spot.

I don't think erasing this game would somehow prevent microtransactions from coming into existence, but this is more of just a personal gripe I have with my own gaming history.

Last edited:

Mownoc

I'm trying to think of a game that changed the direction of a series permanently in a way I didn't like... Something that caused more damage than just being an awful game...

Maybe C&C 4, that title seemed to kill that series off.

Empire Earth 3 was also hot garbage that killed the series.

Top Bottom