• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game would you erase from existence?

Pong then I would erase gaming as a whole

black and white cat GIF

Cod, destroyed a generation of creativity, everyone tried to be like it they all failed, even my beloved socom 4 added that silly xp when you shot someone

Silent Hill HD Collection

Just because Konami decided that that garbage'll do for the rest of eternity with seemingly no chance of nice versions.

Last edited:
Crysis 2.

Took a franchise that had such amazing narrative and gameplay promise and funnelled it into a horrible setting with a so-called Hollywood writer script that was so bad it ruined the narrative direction of the series for C3 and beyond. The story C2 setup was so borderline incomprehensible and batshit insane that there was no way C3 could have been a good game, even if freed from the technical limitations that the PS360 imposed on C2. The enemy design also was inexplicably entirely incongruent with the aliens in the first game, to such an extent that it just felt jarring.

Crysis 2 doomed the franchise and I wish it can be erased from existence.

Maybe Fortnite, shitty gameplay that diverted a huge amount of industry resources into cloning it and making BR games where they shouldn't have been. It's only popular because kids are poor.

I wanted Titanfall 3 damn it

PUBG was what made BR popular. Fortnite existing more importantly killed Unreal Tournament which was in development and contributed by fans and modders only to be abandoned and then completely shut down.

DonF

The idea of games as a service began with the introduction of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) like RuneScape and World of Warcraft

Yeah. so Runescape or WoW.

I hate what GaaS has done to the industry.

Crayon

Candice Debebe. I played for 20 minutes, deleted it from my account completely, and stuck my toothbrush down my throat to puke.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
1 game I would wipe from existence certainly one of them is rainbow six siege, no campaign and I thought the characters and maps were weak.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Metal Gear Solid 2.
Colorless wannabe-movie game with gruff military protagonist interrupted by dialogues or cutscenes every 52 seconds was the template for every 7th gen AAA game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The Last of Us.

One of my favourite games, but it subsequently resulted in a really negative shift in the industry and specifically Sony where a lot of single player games now has to have ‘deep’ narratives.

SHA

Probably a game that's too personal for a huge number in the community but failed to measure up with other games,
-Kim Kardashian
-Hogwarts legacy " looks fine to me but what the community did made it into this list"
-anyone who could fill this list, can't think at the moment.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
1 game I would wipe from existence certainly one of them is rainbow six siege, no campaign and I thought the characters and maps were weak.
As someone with thousands of hours in Siege: How dare you!

Granted it sucks now because of rampant cheating, buttttt damn was it good for a solid 3 or 4 years.

I do wish we got some proper older style Rainbow 6 games too.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
League of Legends is a scourge the world would have been better off without.
Came here to post this, but since it has already been picked...

I dunno, maybe Warcraft III Reforged, since it fucked up Warcraft III forever and it's just a sin in videogame form.

Top Bottom