• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your Thread of the year 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ZephyrFate said:
i can't find the thread, but the one that exploded into an argument between negro-GAF and gayGAF about megathreads, which ended with all of them getting shut down, including the still precious gay megathread.
That was pretty good :lol

If only Himuro were still here...

legend166

PossumGAF is the undisputed winner.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend you just read the whole thing from the beginning.

Igo

JBaird thread really took a sad turn once the ban threats arrived. It was hilarious up to that point.

I think mine was the one where the gaffer discovered his ex was a prostitute. Good times.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Turquoise Jeep thread
Perv Woody

I'll have to read this possum thread when I get home from work tonight though. Sounds like a ripping good laugh.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Konami Conference easily wins Gaming Side. That three days was sheer hilarity.
For the OT...hm...Imma go with Possum GAF. Creepy Woody was awesome, but boiled down to a bunch of pictures, and I missed out on most of the JBaird mess. But Possum GAF was incredible.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Altazor said:
I dunno if this is when GAF actually found out, but here's when "shit got real" and a lot of people started calling BS on the story. maybe you can go from there...
Yeah, thats a pretty good spot. :lol

The mods/admins were on his ass too when he went to the police station, took pics, posted on gaf and didn't actually speak to the police.

Altazor

DY_nasty said:
Yeah, thats a pretty good spot. :lol

The mods/admins were on his ass too when he went to the police station, took pics, posted on gaf and didn't actually speak to the police.

PAGE 41 is when somebody found that JBaird's "missing girlfriend" was logged on MySpace at that time :lol

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
You guys obviously forgot this masterpiece:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409919

35i7zbq.jpg

:lol

EDIT: Nice cobra

Chittagong

Gold Member
1. Go ly dow,
2. Safe moist as dudes you cookiecutter motherfuckers
3. wtf man wtf WTF you are getting thread post privileges back after Jesus' return

:lol what an amazing and amusing year

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ZephyrFate said:
YES. Easily thread of the year for the fact that it tore NeoGAF asunder. It's the only thread this year that got 133 pages in like, six hours. :lol :lol :lol

its amazing how unbelievably ugly that thread got in such a short time. its was like a typed up warzone

El Sloth

Banned
The HispaniGAF thread was pretty great when it first started out, but it sort of just fizzled out out and died even before the purge.

The eventual meltdowns in thevoltron-like People With Skin thread were pretty good I think, and there was also some good discussions had in there.

By the way, if people so wish too they can still read the HispaniGAF and NegroGAF threads in the beginning of the People With Skin thread.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Jbaird definitely
I happened into the thread as soon as it started and stuck with it the whole way. I believed him right up until the very end too :/ One of my very rare moments where I gave someone the benefit of doubt, no idea why, it was completely out of character for me.

Jbaird is the winner for me. I was in that thread from page 2, and I sat there for pretty much the rest of the day refreshing. I even delayed leaving town for a concert by 20 minutes because I just had to see how it would end.

Konami thread is #2 though, that thread was pure madness in the best way. That conference is the stuff of legends.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Gaming: Konami E3 conference/show

OT: JBaird
^ This right here

and "Race War 2010" was the worst. Way to ruin what started as a good thing.

shaowebb

That's okay GAF...Captain Badass still loves you all.

My vote goes to the Woody thread! Don't tell the Captain though or she'll come for me in my sleep and pluck out my lying tongue with her murderpoles.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
siddx said:
Jbaird definitely
I happened into the thread as soon as it started and stuck with it the whole way. I believed him right up until the very end too :/ One of my very rare moments where I gave someone the benefit of doubt, no idea why, it was completely out of character for me.
I did the same mistake (obviously lol, read the first few pages). The thread makes me super-sad in a way. 'twas the day(s) where NeoGAF got tainted.

GONz

siddx said:
Jbaird definitely
I happened into the thread as soon as it started and stuck with it the whole way. I believed him right up until the very end too :/
I posted my support in like the 2 or 3 first pages then when to bed, until to wake up to a BOMB of a thread :lol Thread of the year here

The curse of the fat was also hilarious. Hightlights for me:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25000150&postcount=41
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25002496&postcount=163

NastyGAF delivered tons of lol too

Medalion

Banned
Akshully now I think about it yeah, E3 this past summer was fucking great, the cheers, the jeers, the shops... Best in years

CassSept

I sadly missed two of the greatest threads this year (I caught up on Konami more or less which happened when I was away; still have to read JBaird thread one day as it happened on my birthday and by the time I logged in it already exploded to 3k+ posts). Anyway!

Gaming: Konami conference (obvious); runner-up: safe moist dudes (for sheer stupidity, I still can't control myself whenever I re-read the thread)

OT: World Cup (the thread that killed GAF!); runner-ups: Perv Woody, PossumGAF, IT'S THE TERRORIST LAW

Lucius86

Banned
1. The woody thread
2. Puddles doesn't like being de-friended on Facebook (but he does like guitars and lingering)
3. Awkward celeb photos

I wanted the World Cup thread, and posted a pic of Vuvu bird, but it kept crashing Gaf so I hardly checked in on it :(

I missed the JBaird thread when it happened too :-(

AcridMeat

Banned
I was heading to bed when I first saw the JBaird thread, read the 3 pages that were there at the time. When I checked the next day it was over 60. :lol

Konami E3 was definitely the gaming side's ride of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom