• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's a reasonable price for a turbo graphix express?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'm debating whether spend the extra money on this rather than the standard console... also I have little desire to get a cd ad on sine I doubt I'd ever be able to track down something worth playing... unless you can just burn and play games like with the sega cd.

neptunes

haha, what luck

I have a Turbo Grafix Express. (it's in some box in my garage).

thing is, I don't have the packaging or any games.

levious

neptunes said:
haha, what luck

I have a Turbo Grafix Express. (it's in some box in my garage).

thing is, I don't have the packaging or any games.

well, I wasn't hard up to find it new... I've picked up games here and there for cheap over the years.

neptunes

no, the reason I don't have any games or didn't buy any was because I just remembered I had it like 2 weeks ago. :)

GigaDrive

Banned
I cant say what a reasonable price would be for a TURBO EXPRESS or the Japanese version, the PC ENGINE GT, but probably in the $150 to $200 range seems reasonable.

levious

GigaDrive said:
I cant say what a reasonable price would be for a TURBO EXPRESS or the Japanese version, the PC ENGINE GT, but probably in the $150 to $200 range seems reasonable.

neptunes might be trying to sell, so that was your cue to say NO MORE THAN 20 Dollars!

Yeah, $150-200. But I don't know if I'd recommend it instead of a TG-16; first of all you can't exactly play CD-ROM games on it and it eats batteries like a fucker of mothers. It's more of a collectors' item now than anything else.

levious

what about region encoding on a cd add on? Can I play japanese cd games on a us system?

Is it like the nomad in battery consumption?

neptunes

All I remember playing on it was Bonk's Adventure, Something Alpha Zone and R-type.

and I always wanted the TV-tuner add-on.

Batteries lasted 2.5 hours.

levious

is there encoding on the cards? Or is it physical like the genesis. Now I'm up in the air about which to buy.

Top Bottom