• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats it take to get hired at Gamestop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the more reason to come back to the company. i'll even let you sell our own AXISBOX
at our stores..... and we pay three times more. frankly i dont know why you're so hard up for money.... try living in NYC and you'll need like three jobs.... lol

Well, today was my first day and I had forgotten how much I hate working. The job itself isn't that bad, I just have no confidence in anything I'm doing which is frustrating. Getting people to preorder or buy Game Informer subscriptions is suprisingly easy. Haha, suckers.

Oh no. I've become what I hate most! *knocks over magazine rack*

Our store is the busiest store in the district which even beats out the Indianapolis mall store. It was constant flow of people in and out. We even have one kid whom uses the store as his second home apparently. Everything you guys said about working at a video game store is true.

BuddyC

My plan is coming together perfectly. GAF will soon dominate that chain. First the Muncie store. Next? The world.

Otaking

Now if only the Gamestop I applied at in.....early June would hire me, I'd be set to go. Maybe I just need to go retrieve another application and submit it again. I've been unemployed for a long time and would like to save money up so I can move out to my own place soon before I start college. Maybe I'll need to go in when my friend's working and pull some strings...

Congrats on the job Hamburglar. Hopefully it doesn't drive you to insanity right away....

belgurdo

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
Well, today was my first day and I had forgotten how much I hate working. The job itself isn't that bad, I just have no confidence in anything I'm doing which is frustrating. Getting people to preorder or buy Game Informer subscriptions is suprisingly easy. Haha, suckers.

Our store is the busiest store in the district which even beats out the Indianapolis mall store. It was constant flow of people in and out. We even have one kid whom uses the store as his second home apparently. Everything you guys said about working at a video game store is true.

There's a mall GS here? News to me

And I was seriously considering working at a nearby GS or EB if I got fired from my job until I read all of the horror stories on the gaming forum (since I know that shitty customers+my latent bad attitude=2 day career.)

CoryCubed

Since you worked at Blockbuster why not be a game advisor at Game Rush? They are spreading like wildfire here in oklahoma and elsewhere

BuddyC

belgurdo said:
There's a mall GS here? News to me

And I was seriously considering working at a nearby GS or EB if I got fired from my job until I read all of the horror stories on the gaming forum (since I know that shitty customers+my latent bad attitude=2 day career.)

Another Hoosier? Hooray!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Teh Hamburglar said:

Haha I forgot about this thread. My first day at gamestop was yesterday ("We're Twins!"), second day is tomorrow. The manager seems like a real cool and laid back guy who will only get pissed if you just don't try. I fucked up one of my first transactions and he just corrected me on the DL before the customer even noticed and said it was cool.

My hiring went much smoother though, I walked in, filled out another store's ap in fornt of him (they were out) he looked at it and asked me to come in for an interview the next morning. I went from walking in for the first time to being hired in less than 24 hours :p ;).

atomsk

Party Pooper
Teh Hamburglar said:
Getting people to preorder or buy Game Informer subscriptions is suprisingly easy. Haha, suckers.

be glad that's all you have to shill... i've been at TRU a month now, and it's fucking ridiculous the amount of stuff i have to 'offer' a customer. now something like, asking if they want a gift reciept, no big deal, but then they want me to pimp the geoffery birthday club, buyer protection plans, lion king 2 dvd presale, star wars trilogy dvd presale, madden 05 + TRU exclusive wireless EA Intec controller (10 dollars blah blah blah) presale...

and then they BITCH that our checkout times are "too slow"

i've really got to get ahold of game-crazy. they said they'd be hiring around this time again...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Two excerpts from my FuncoLand career:

A manager (friend of mine at a different store) pocketed $100+ on people putting reservations down for the PS9.

I recieved a week of ghost pay after being fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom