• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the BEST game this Xmas?

Broshnat

Banned
Right, we all know that Halo 2 and GTA:SA will run away with it in terms of sales this christmas, but what is the BEST game available out there?

Is it:

GTA:SA
MGS 3
GT4
Metoid Prime 2?
Halo 2?
Super Mario 64 DS?
Half Life 2?

And which will come out on top by the end of December in terms of sales?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I think from now till December, Halo 2 will win in sales.

I also think it's the best multiplayer game released this year. Which isn't saying anything negative about single which I've enjoyed heartily.

But GTA: SA is amazing. It combines genres better than any game out there. Questionable content aside, and that really drags it down with the nostalgia set and younger gamers, it creates the most amazing set of circumstances every time you play. I don't think it has any equal and that's not taking away from the sterling list of software you've compiled.

_Angelus_

Banned
I'm really loving Halo 2 right now. I dunno,I don't see a short or disapointing game from what I've played. I'm about halfway thrugh it,playing on Heroic. The game is quite challenging,the whole thing is awesome so far.

I'm also looking forward to to the new Metroid. As it nears its release I'm getting that same craving for platform and exploration all over again. I really don't need such a huge game like this,not this year. I probably won't even beat it before 2005. But its just too tempting to play the game and see as much as I can of it before I eventuallystart it over at a later time. When I can better support it with more time.

San Andreas will more than likely out sell Halo 2. Though Halo 2 is like one hell of an event this year for folks. Great single player,cooperative play,and Live internet pay, will guarantee it healthy sales long after some of its ultra hype has come and gone. I wouldn't be that shocked if it somehow managed to beat GTA, but still...not very likely. The PS2's userbase cannot be ignored.

Xizk

I think and hope that Half-Life 2 will be the best game this xmas. The first one is my favorite fps so I have high hopes for the sequel.

jedimike

You can't choose... they are all AAA titles and you can't go wrong with any of them. Pick whichever one best fits your needs and is in your favorite genre.

For example, If you like FPS's get Half-Life 2 if you have a kick ass PC or get Halo 2 if you have a kick ass home theater system. If you have kick ass equipment all around, then you can probably afford all the games.

Broshnat

Banned
Sales Estimates:

GTA:SA
Oct 2.05m
Nov 1.2m
Dec 1.2m
Total 4.45m

Halo 2
Nov 2.55m
Dec 1.3m
Total 3.85m

Metroid Prime 2
Nov 0.5m
Dec 0.6m
Total 1.1m

MGS3
Nov 0.65m
Dec 0.45m
Total 1.1m

GT4
Dec 750k

Super Mario 64 DS
Nov 300k
Dec 400k
Total 700k

Boogie

Broshnat said:
Sales Estimates:

Halo 2
Nov 2.55m
Dec 1.3m
Total 3.85m

Umm, Halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies in its first day, and you've estimated its entire November sales at 2.55 million? Might want to try again there. :p

Nobody even mentions LotR: Battle for middle Earth (PC).
I was really hyped for it when they announced the game a year ago.

Now it is just a good game among many

Broshnat

Banned
Boogie said:
Umm, Halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies in its first day, and you've estimated its entire November sales at 2.55 million? Might want to try again there. :p

Well I'm still quite sceptical about the 2.4 million number. There's a few things surrounding it that make it seem a bit dodgy.

Plus, it will have a huge drop-off. Certainly don't expect more than high 2 millions at the most for november- maybe 2.7-2.8 at the very most.

Malakhov

Banned
wowboxshots.jpg

MrparisSM

Banned
Broshnat said:
Well I'm still quite sceptical about the 2.4 million number. There's a few things surrounding it that make it seem a bit dodgy.

Plus, it will have a huge drop-off. Certainly don't expect more than high 2 millions at the most for november- maybe 2.7-2.8 at the very most.

Over 1.5 million pre-ordered... Gamespot and EB games both saying it's the biggest first day sales of any game in their history. What is so dodgy about it?

paul777

Banned
For me, it will be, in all probability, Half-Life 2 followed by Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3.

WoW would be up there too if I had the time to play it.

LAMBO

GTA SA is the best game i've ever played, it should win for sure. Halflife 2 is gonna be great but damn did they do a good job with GTA SA.

Halo 2 and Half life 2. GTA SA Close Second.

with that said, Id like to add that....

Halo 2 is the best game i've ever played, it should win for sure. Halflife 2 is gonna be great but damn did they do a good job with Halo 2.

Top Bottom