• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's this P90X workout stuff?

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Just try not to be surprised/disappointed when your weight jumps back up a little. Muscle weighs more than fat, or rather, the amount of muscle in 1lb is more than the amount of fat in 1lb. So once you start getting stronger and building muscle again, you're going to gain weight. And since you lost a shitload of your lean muscles already, my prediction says you're going to gain a lot.

Just give P90X everything you've got, do it right, and you'll get results out of it. :D

lachesis

Well, I'm on my 1st week of 3rd phase. My weight has been flatlining at 173. From 187 to 173, I have no complaints - as I am much slimmer and can fit in my older pants. :D Must be the muscle weights.

After a week of recovery and getting into Phase III and doing Chest and Back... I was quite shocked how intense the workout really is. I almost forgot about it. I did much much better, though - and unlike first few weeks - I am feeling the results in the chest and back. In the beginning, I was mostly feeling the effects on my biceps area when I did Chest and Back... I was wondering whether I was doing it wrong. (Maybe I had too little of muscle on my arms, so I wasn't effectively working out the chest/back) Too bad there's only 1 more session of this workout.

Yesterday was my arms and shoulders workout day - and I was little afraid how big my tricep has become. Not much so on biceps - it's still pretty tiny, but I see most result on my triceps - although it's nothing to brag about.

I was quite happy, that I was able to do at least 15-20 side-pushups. I remember I couldn't do even 1 on my fist tryout. The result from all of this is also affecting quite a bit on my normal day-to-day performance, such as running few hundred yards to not to miss my commute bus from my house in the morning! I used to be not being able to finish the run and stop in the middle and walk while the bus goes by... but now, when I run all the way to the bus stop, I don't even lose my breath!

Still, I'm not even 30% of what I want to be. What I want to be, is at least do whatever they do on the screen. I'm still on my knees all the time for push-ups, and all. Plyo, somehow is getting tougher and tougher every time (as I engage much more), and I still can only do about half of the ab ripper X. I can feel small group of muscle in my tummy when I touch deep - but I don't think I'll be seeing my six pack any time soon. Oh well. ;)

f-castrillo

Neo Member
lachesis said:
Still, I'm not even 30% of what I want to be. What I want to be, is at least do whatever they do on the screen. I'm still on my knees all the time for push-ups, and all. Plyo, somehow is getting tougher and tougher every time (as I engage much more), and I still can only do about half of the ab ripper X. I can feel small group of muscle in my tummy when I touch deep - but I don't think I'll be seeing my six pack any time soon. Oh well. ;)
Just keep at it man, you're almost done! I'm thinking of adding a lot of cardio into my week after P90X is done, so that I can continue to reveal the muscles I've been putting on. I've been kinda contemplating trying out Insanity (interval cardio that emphasizes fat loss), P90X+ Doubles (for a little more muscle toning and cardio), or just straight up jogging (promote fat loss and cardiovascular health, while not eating as much time as P90X or Insanity). I bet you're gonna get really nice results out of Phase 3. Nice job dropping down under 180lbs!

For me, phase 1 was all about adapting to the intensity of the program, and while I did see results, it was nowhere near the improvement I saw in Phase 2. And now that Phase 3 will give me another shot at the phase 1 AND 2 exercises, I think I'll probably see even better results in this last 5 weeks :D

yonder

lachesis said:
Well, I'm on my 1st week of 3rd phase. My weight has been flatlining at 173. From 187 to 173, I have no complaints - as I am much slimmer and can fit in my older pants. :D Must be the muscle weights.
Congrats, that is awesome! I'm really looking forward to doing the phase 1 routines again so I can see how much I've improved. Only a few days to go!

f-castrillo, yeah, I've been contemplating Insanity as well as it fits my goals of fat loss/lean muscle better than P90X, but right now my plan is to finish P90X, do a few of the workouts a week (I'm thinking a mix of core synergistics, yoga, kenpo, plyo) and stick to a good diet. I'm going to be moving around a lot during the summer and working in a restaurant, so a second round would be a bit much... If I'm not happy with my results by the end of the summer I might give Insanity a go. Actually, I had a look at Insanity's nutrition guide and it's a whole lot more straightforward than P90X's. Basically you eat 5 meals a day of either 300, 400 or 500kcals based on your caloric needs and the protein/carb/fat ratio is 40/40/20. That's basically what I do now, but the Insanity nutrition guide was much easier to understand.

I've also been thinking about Insanity. I've seen the workouts and I think I may just use Insanity for the cardio days. That amount of hiit workouts seems like I would lose a ton of muscle mass if I were to do the full program.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Yonn said:
Congrats, that is awesome! I'm really looking forward to doing the phase 1 routines again so I can see how much I've improved. Only a few days to go!

f-castrillo, yeah, I've been contemplating Insanity as well as it fits my goals of fat loss/lean muscle better than P90X, but right now my plan is to finish P90X, do a few of the workouts a week (I'm thinking a mix of core synergistics, yoga, kenpo, plyo) and stick to a good diet. I'm going to be moving around a lot during the summer and working in a restaurant, so a second round would be a bit much... If I'm not happy with my results by the end of the summer I might give Insanity a go. Actually, I had a look at Insanity's nutrition guide and it's a whole lot more straightforward than P90X's. Basically you eat 5 meals a day of either 300, 400 or 500kcals based on your caloric needs and the protein/carb/fat ratio is 40/40/20. That's basically what I do now, but the Insanity nutrition guide was much easier to understand.
I'm leaning towards the same thing too. I got accepted into nursing school starting this August, so for me to do P90X+ or Insanity would mean I lose most of my summer. That, and I'm also trying to work between now and the start of school at least. But I will try to keep an emphasis on cardio with some strength training here and there.

grumble

lachesis said:

The people in the videos are scary-fit. If you do P90X another 5 times, you might be able to get there. Imagine how incredibly fit you'd be!

Keep on truckin', the results will continue to come.

Now that the weather is getting nicer in Michigan, I'm contemplating jogging as well as doing P90X. Nothing more than a mile and a half or so. What would be good days to stick that in there?

f-castrillo

Neo Member
ocadman said:
Wow. That is a good read. Thanks for that.

Edit: Congrats on nursing school.
Thanks man, I hope I can stay somewhat fit while I'm in school, now that I know what's right for my health and body.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
I got p90x, the iron gym extreme bar, 2 30 lb dumbbells and I already had a resistance band. Is the yoga mat reall y necessary? I have carpet in my house.. :lol

mYm|17|

Tater Tot said:
I got p90x, the iron gym extreme bar, 2 30 lb dumbbells and I already had a resistance band. Is the yoga mat reall y necessary? I have carpet in my house.. :lol

not really, I just use a towel

LCfiner

Tater Tot said:

heh, you're gonna want a yoga mat anyway so you're not dripping all your nasty sweat on your nice carpet everyday.

ocadman

Just finished the 1st phase and weight-wise, lost about 7-8 lbs. :D I'm feeling really really good in general as this is the longest period of time I've ever eaten healthy and worked out consistently. After reading Masta_Killah's post that facebook post from f-castrillo, I'm really pumped to start phase 2 and in another month phase 3. I don't post too much, but everyone's posts were really helpful and I got lots of motivation, etc, from this thread. Thanks guys (and gals)

yonder

f-castrillo said:
Interesting article by Steve Edwards regarding results in P90X. It's an encouraging read

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=96636486820&topic=14554
That's definitely what I want to hear a day from starting phase III. :D And congrats on nursery school! I guess that should give you some extra motivation for staying fit & healthy, too.

ocadman, those are some awesome results! If you keep going like that you'll be seeing even better results by the end of of it :)

obijkenobi said:
Now that the weather is getting nicer in Michigan, I'm contemplating jogging as well as doing P90X. Nothing more than a mile and a half or so. What would be good days to stick that in there?

I would say the best days to add jogging would be the weight training days (M, W, F). Also, you might need to increase your calories if you add more to P90X. It's pretty demanding on its own.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ArachosiA 78 said:
I would say the best days to add jogging would be the weight training days (M, W, F). Also, you might need to increase your calories if you add more to P90X. It's pretty demanding on its own.

I don't really know if jogging would be required as well, however, I'm going to start biking to work now the weather is warming up (12 km each way) so I'll be getting a decent bit cardio on top of the workouts. Will see how that goes, if I stop having energy for the workouts then I'll drop the biking for a while.

f-castrillo said:
Interesting article by Steve Edwards regarding results in P90X. It's an encouraging read

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=96636486820&topic=14554

I hope what he is saying is true. I'm on the last day of Week 7, and I am really starting to get discouraged by the seeming lack of results. I went shopping for clothes yesterday, and seeing my body in the mirror of the changing room...god...it looks like I haven't lost a single ounce of fat. It's really disheartening and depressing. So, I dunno...can't tell if this program is just a scam like everything else on TV. I plan on taking some pics after the Phase 2 recovery week which should tell me if I have made any progress.

Phase 3 is gonna be an absolute bitch, as I want to quit very badly now. But might as well finish up and see if anything happens.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ArachosiA 78 said:
I hope what he is saying is true. I'm on the last day of Week 7, and I am really starting to get discouraged by the seeming lack of results. I went shopping for clothes yesterday, and seeing my body in the mirror of the changing room...god...it looks like I haven't lost a single ounce of fat. It's really disheartening and depressing. So, I dunno...can't tell if this program is just a scam like everything else on TV. I plan on taking some pics after the Phase 2 recovery week which should tell me if I have made any progress.

Phase 3 is gonna be an absolute bitch, as I want to quit very badly now. But might as well finish up and see if anything happens.
are you completely ruined on the day following a workout? Like if you do chest + back, does your chest and back feel week and sore the following day?

I can already tell P90x isn't a scam because I've been to gyms before, I know results take longer than you think to see visibly in a mirror and p90x makes you tired and sore like good gym workouts do. It's going to work, but keep doing it and putting everything in and don't quit. Judge it at the end. If it didn't work at all, well then you only wasted 3 months and it's better than sitting on your ass.

catfish said:
are you completely ruined on the day following a workout? Like if you do chest + back, does your chest and back feel week and sore the following day?

I can already tell P90x isn't a scam because I've been to gyms before, I know results take longer than you think to see visibly in a mirror and p90x makes you tired and sore like good gym workouts do. It's going to work, but keep doing it and putting everything in and don't quit. Judge it at the end. If it didn't work at all, well then you only wasted 3 months and it's better than sitting on your ass.

No, I'm not too sore after the workouts. I do use the recovery drink, and I also do the entire warm-up and cool down parts, so I think that's why. When I used to work out at the gym, I would be sore the following day, but I didn't drink anything for recovery and I didn't do any warm-ups or stretching.

I agree that it's better than doing nothing. Before I started I told myself that either way the next three months is going to pass, so either I do P90X andor I just sit around and nothing changes. I'm not going to judge it until day 90 is done, but I am just starting to get a little discouraged. I'm hoping the results start to kick in starting with Phase 3.

Balboa

Maybe you aren't pushing yourself hard enough during the workouts? or not following the diet guide? If you follow the instructions you will get results guaranteed

Balboa said:
Maybe you aren't pushing yourself hard enough during the workouts? or not following the diet guide? If you follow the instructions you will get results guaranteed

I can't imagine pushing myself much harder, and I am being even more strict with the nutrition than what the guide advocates (ie weighing all of my food to the gram, calorie and carb tapering, calorie and carb zig-zagging). I am losing weight, but I just can't visibly tell where the hell it's coming from. Maybe the photos will show something I am not seeing in the mirror.

yonder

ArachosiA 78 said:
No, I'm not too sore after the workouts. I do use the recovery drink, and I also do the entire warm-up and cool down parts, so I think that's why. When I used to work out at the gym, I would be sore the following day, but I didn't drink anything for recovery and I didn't do any warm-ups or stretching.

I agree that it's better than doing nothing. Before I started I told myself that either way the next three months is going to pass, so either I do P90X andor I just sit around and nothing changes. I'm not going to judge it until day 90 is done, but I am just starting to get a little discouraged. I'm hoping the results start to kick in starting with Phase 3.
Make sure your diet's right. As the weeks went along for me (last day of week 8 today), I started getting a bit sloppy, so this past week I've been monitoring everything going into my mouth and making sure I'm at 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat for every meal that I eat; and I also make sure to eat 5 meals a day with 3 hours in between each meal. If your goal is fat loss you might want to halve the dose of your recovery drink or skip in entirely – eat a well rounded meal afterwards instead. I realised that I probably don't need a recovery drink, but if I'm feeling tired during workouts I sip on a small glass of skim-milk to keep my blood sugar from dropping to low, and that's enough to keep me from bonking.

So go over your diet again if you haven't already, and make sure your caloric needs are met. You need those calories for your body to work and shed fat instead of muscle, so don't go too low. If that's all taken care of, all you can do is push harder during workouts. There is almost no reason why you shouldn't start getting some results soon if you do all this. Hope that helps. Don't give up, you've come way to far to stop now!

DC R1D3R

Banned
ArachosiA 78 said:
I can't imagine pushing myself much harder, and I am being even more strict with the nutrition than what the guide advocates (ie weighing all of my food to the gram, calorie and carb tapering, calorie and carb zig-zagging). I am losing weight, but I just can't visibly tell where the hell it's coming from. Maybe the photos will show something I am not seeing in the mirror.

Listen man, rome wasn't built in a day. Tough it out, suck it up and
just.keep.going.

Thanks for the encouragement, Yonn and DC. It is possible that I am not getting enough calories. I am still in the process of trying to figure out how many I need. I know that if I lose over 2 lbs a week, I need to increase my calories. Will be doing another weigh in on Monday, and might have to reevaluate my caloric intake then if the weight loss is too great.

Sorry if I brought any negative enrgy into this thread. Anyway, just one recovery week to go and then on to the finale!

hitsugi

all right, quick questions with some background info:

currently, I've been doing p90x for a while (probably 6 months) but it's been mostly half assed and the diet hasn't really been there, either (too off and on to count). despite this, it's actually made me drop a double chin i was starting to get (I'm the perfect example of skinny-fat where the fat just happens to run to the worst places) and it's gotten me into the best shape I've been in in a very very long time.

now, the reason I've been half-assing the workouts is that some exercises I just can't do with the weights that I have and some are too easy with them. It looks like weight sets themselves cost at least $150+ or so, and I'm starting to wonder if I should just get the bands D: I really can't imagine them working as well, but they have to be better than what I'm currently doing. What do you think, GAF?

As for the diet part, well I mostly know what I "should" and should not be eating.. the frequency of eating has been horrible though! I usually wake up, have coffee + some kind of carb breakfast, eat lunch somewhere mid-afternoon and then dinner. None of those in between meals.. what do you guys do at work for that sort of thing?

yonder

hitsugi said:
now, the reason I've been half-assing the workouts is that some exercises I just can't do with the weights that I have and some are too easy with them. It looks like weight sets themselves cost at least $150+ or so, and I'm starting to wonder if I should just get the bands D: I really can't imagine them working as well, but they have to be better than what I'm currently doing. What do you think, GAF?

As for the diet part, well I mostly know what I "should" and should not be eating.. the frequency of eating has been horrible though! I usually wake up, have coffee + some kind of carb breakfast, eat lunch somewhere mid-afternoon and then dinner. None of those in between meals.. what do you guys do at work for that sort of thing?
What kind of weights do you have? You can probably buy two sets of adjustable dumbbells for well under $100 that would get a good range of combinations of weights.

As for the in between meals, try these: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20255410&postcount=1708 :D Otherwise you can prepare a sandwich, a salad or a shake and bring it to work; that shouldn't be too hard. Fruits and nuts are good, quick and portable options too. An easy shake you can try is to mix instant oats with whey powder in the proportions you see fit. Then you can add all sorts of other things if you want, a banana, some berries or whatever.

bionic77

Just finished the first day.

Damn repeating the chest/back is fucking hard the second time around. I was totally worthless on almost all of the pull ups the second time and with some of the weird pushups.

The Ab Ripper destroyed me too. Felt like throwing up. Took a hot shower for the aches to be bearable.

And Plyometrics is tomorrow...

hitsugi said:
all right, quick questions with some background info:

currently, I've been doing p90x for a while (probably 6 months) but it's been mostly half assed and the diet hasn't really been there, either (too off and on to count). despite this, it's actually made me drop a double chin i was starting to get (I'm the perfect example of skinny-fat where the fat just happens to run to the worst places) and it's gotten me into the best shape I've been in in a very very long time.

I use bands and it is just as good as dumbbells, if not better on certain moves. Some of those shoulder resistance moves are insane with bands.

If you live in the US and have a Sports Authority around your area, you could buy individual bands. I bought some 30 and 40 lbs bands, as well as the handles, for under $30 total. The bands are about 10 lbs lighter then weights when its at its maxed tension, so a 40 lbs with very little length will feel like a 30 lbs dumbbell.

Anyway, I just found out one of my friends is doing the program. He's a soccer player and was looking to get bigger. He starterd out at 165 and is now at 185! He told me when he first started, he was only able to do 15 rep push-ups. Now he's doing 50 rep push-ups and he's only in his 2nd phase. O_O

Burger

ArachosiA 78 said:
So, I dunno...can't tell if this program is just a scam like everything else on TV.

How can you think that an hour of intense exercise combining both cardio and weight training is a scam ?!?!

The only scams out there are the ones with ripped models saying all this is yours for just 10 minutes work a day.

You need to stop thinking about what you see in the mirror. If your mind is set on working out regularly, eating healthy food then results that you can visibly see will follow in time. Think about this as a complete change in lifestyle.

If you say to yourself "I'm going to lose 20lb in 60 days" you are just setting yourself up for failure. Instead, start thinking "I'm going to give this everything I've got, and once I'm finished, I'm going to do it again." P90X isn't a means to an end.

bionic77

koam said:
I start my doubles tomorrow, oh boy!
Good luck brother. I was scared to just to start the regular P90 X and delayed starting for a week. Made some total womanly noises when I was trying to get through the end of Ab Ripper X too.

nomster

ocadman said:
I started on the Classic track, but since my main goal is weight loss, should I switch to Lean?
I ve been losing plenty on Classic. The Lean program is is a slightly easier mix of workouts, I wouldn't think it would be as effective.

This week is my last week of phase 3. Once it's over, I'm going to take a break from lifting and start running.

Since I've started p90x, I've lost around 15 or so pounds. I've gotten leaner, though I still have a lot of fat in my midsection. The plus side is that my shoulders and upperback have some nice muscles popping out. My legs are also nicely toned(TY plyo).

I also just joined LA Fitness and will be taking p90x along with me. I'm glad I did the program because my confidence is much higher. If I had tried this at the gym during phase 1, I'd feel a bit embarrassed.

As for my plans, I'm going to do a doubles routine. I'm basically going to do what I used to do back in my gym days and do cardio and weights back-to-back, though I will still be keeping with the p90x schedule(MWF weights). I'm also going to start taking my diet more seriously. I was making great progress the first 1 1/2 months, but then I started to just eat without thinking. I still ate healthy food, but I wasn't following a set schedule, nor was I eating as much as I should, which I feel hurt my progress. This time I'm going to do it right.

Boonoo

Fuck my inability to start up again! But this time I'm really doing it for real. Tuesday I'll jump head first into the swing of things. I'm going to alter my program a little bit.

I think that I'll try and replace kenpo x with another yoga and then I'll tack a cardio x in after both yoga days. This way I'll be doing cardio three times a week.

This has been a busy semester, it will be nice to get back into the p90x groove.

How is cardio x by the way? Is it worth a damn? or should I just jog instead?

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Started up phase 3 today. Let me say this: I am able to do a handful more pushups now than before (I've started pacing myself in round 1 of Chest and Back, and going all out on the second time over). Still, everyone here gave me the impression that doing the phase 1 exercises after having gone through phase 2 and the recovery week was gonna be cake. It wasn't :lol. I felt like I was gonna die by the end of it. But when it was all said and done, I pushed out more reps than before, and really took the workouts to another level (Cardio X, Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X)

I may have to up my calorie intake by 100-200 or so, with the added 4th Cardio X day in my week now. I had a party weekend with friends (didn't eat a ton, but the content was not as healthy as I usually eat. Also had to have one shot of Jose Cuervo :lol ), so that may have something to do with how difficult today's main workout felt. At least I get to eat more carbs again :D

D.Lo

Hmm, looking for something new to do, question for those in it - I lost a lot of weight about a year ago and am very happy with my light-athletic build now (5'11 1/2", 70kgs/154 pounds). I have a very controlled diet with basically no sugar, no junk and low carb (50-100g of carb a day), and I'm training to be a fighter (boxing) as well as for a half marathon.

Will this help in keeping me ripped? I'm getting bored with my non-sport specific exercises (just running/free weights/sprints) and hit a plateau a long time ago. Don't want to gain any weight though, as I want to stay in this weight class for fighting.

D.Lo said:
Hmm, looking for something new to do, question for those in it - I lost a lot of weight about a year ago and am very happy with my light-athletic build now (5'11 1/2", 70kgs/154 pounds). I have a very controlled diet with basically no sugar, no junk and low carb (50-100g of carb a day), and I'm training to be a fighter (boxing) as well as for a half marathon.

Will this help in keeping me ripped? I'm getting bored with my non-sport specific exercises (just running/free weights/sprints) and hit a plateau a long time ago. Don't want to gain any weight though, as I want to stay in this weight class for fighting.

I can't imagine your weight not changing at all doing P90x. The training guide does mention that if you want leaner muscles, to do 12-15 reps while if you want to gain bulk to do 8-10. Its also mentioned constantly on the videos.

grumble

D.Lo said:

I've got to say, you're pretty thin. At 5'11" 154, you probably don't look athletic, unless it's endurance athlete athletic. If you got up to say 170 over a period of a year you'll fill out, look better and be a lot stronger. Then again, I see you're doing the marathon thing, so my mistake, I guess skinny is a good idea.

P90X is an effective fat loss program, but as a muscle building program it's not ideal. If that's in line with your goals then great, but if not then come to the fitness-gaf thread and we'll help you out in detail.

D.Lo

grumble said:
I've got to say, you're pretty thin. At 5'11" 154, you probably don't look athletic, unless it's endurance athlete athletic. If you got up to say 170 over a period of a year you'll fill out, look better and be a lot stronger. Then again, I see you're doing the marathon thing, so my mistake, I guess skinny is a good idea.

P90X is an effective fat loss program, but as a muscle building program it's not ideal. If that's in line with your goals then great, but if not then come to the fitness-gaf thread and we'll help you out in detail.
Hmm, might do that.

I'm definitely fairly thin, but still athletic, I'm not one of those 'omg prisoner of war' thin types like a couple of people I know, no ribs poking out or sunken cheeks etc, and decent guns, shoulders and six pack etc. I'm just very comfortable at this weight, do a lot of training and enjoy it, but am looking for a new program to keep it fresh.

koam

How on earth do people do cardio X in the morning? I have to do it before I eat cause I don't have time to wait an hour to digest but i run out of energy. I'm also too light headed in the morning to do the rolls and superman/banana

yonder

f-castrillo said:
Started up phase 3 today. Let me say this: I am able to do a handful more pushups now than before (I've started pacing myself in round 1 of Chest and Back, and going all out on the second time over). Still, everyone here gave me the impression that doing the phase 1 exercises after having gone through phase 2 and the recovery week was gonna be cake. It wasn't :lol. I felt like I was gonna die by the end of it. But when it was all said and done, I pushed out more reps than before, and really took the workouts to another level (Cardio X, Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X)
Same here! Phase III is off to a great start so far: I only went down to my knees during a few of the second round pushups and kept good form throughout. I can do a couple of unassisted pull-ups and chin-ups each now too, and I'm feeling quite proud of that, ha ha. It's the chair for the remainder, though, but I've come a long way. Ab ripper went better too, and I even tried the mason twist with a 5.5lb weight in my hands and had no problems completing it.

I'm weirdly excited for plyo tomorrow. It's like seeing and old friend again or something, even though it's only been two weeks.

OmniGamer

I'm about 5 weeks into my hybrid routine, with about 6 weeks to go before i do P90X for the 3rd time.

The past 2 weeks have been pretty good, numbers wise. Friday the 12th, i was at 216...As of this morning, i'm down to 212lbs...so 33lbs total lost since starting. Muscle definition and separation is starting to become more pronounced...however i'm fairly sure i'm never going to have the "skin tight" look due to loose skin...so that's depressing.

koam said:
How on earth do people do cardio X in the morning? I have to do it before I eat cause I don't have time to wait an hour to digest but i run out of energy. I'm also too light headed in the morning to do the rolls and superman/banana

Drink a protein drink as soon as you wake up. Make sure you mix in milk with it for the carbs.

I'm thinking of doing my monday workout at the gym today. Last week, I tweaked my right wrist during the venyasa sequence(I've had wrist problems for a while). I thought the 3 day rest would be enough, but it still hurts. I was thinking of using the push-up bars, but the padding is so flimsy that I end up brusing my hand from all the pressure.

Did my weekly weigh in today, and according to the scale I lost exactly 2 lbs. Same as the week before. I'm not sure I'm comfortable losing that much weight per week. I'm thinking 1 to 1.5 lbs would be safer. I have my recovery week this week, so since it's considerably less intense than the other weeks, I will keep my calories the same. But then starting with Phase 3, I will probably bump my calories up another 100 a day and see what happens.

I started at about 218 lbs, and now down to 205 lbs. 13 lbs in 7 weeks. I still can't really see a difference in the mirror, but that weight must be going somewhere. Just hope I haven't lost much muscle. Well, the pictures I take after my recovery week should show me what has changed in my body, hopefully.

Top Bottom