• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor and or brand?

Laws00

I always get breyers ice cream because it's the cheapest and most common.

Ben and Jerry's ice cream is ok to me. Need to explore them more.

Friendlys I like that the ice cream is creamy as hell.

I just bought Blue Bunny Ice Cream and about to see what that's all about. I'm trying Salted Caramel Craze and Vanilla Bean. Bunny Tracks they only had 1/2 fat and they didnt have S'more Please or Red Velvet Cupcake.

So whats your favorite ice cream flavor and or brand?

I'm also curious how wal mart brand Great Value ice cream taste.

Store bought I really like Kroger's Private Selection. In particular this flavor:

Private+Selection+Amaretto+Cherry+Cordial+Ice+Cream.JPG

My favorite though is from the state university's dairy store.

Black Cassis is my current available favorite.
But Apple-Vinegar from Eisgreissler is GOAT.

(also great: pumpkin seed oil ice cream)

Fliesen

Depends.

When i'm getting a cone with multiple scoops, one of them is always chocolate.
When i'm at home, i feel like Vanilla is the most versatile one - you can cut up a banana, drizzle it with melted chocolate, eat it with hot raspberries.
For "eat it straight from the pint in front of the TV" purposes, i guess it's either B&J Chunky Monkey or ... New York Super fudge Chunk.

Just this weekend i found out that i'm apparently super weird for liking mint+chocolate chip ice cream...

scamander

Banned
I prefer ice cream from small ice cream parlours. They always try new things and my favourite flavours change on a weekly basis, but right now I love everything with Buttermilk in it (Buttermilk-Tangerine or Buttermilk-Seaberry for example).

But Apple-Vinegar from Eisgreissler is GOAT.

disgustedjimcarrey.gif

Have you tried it?

You didn't start out with vanilla?

I prefer ice cream from small ice cream parlours. They always try new things and my favourites flavour change on a weekly basis, but right now I love Buttermilk-Tangerine.

disgustedjimcarrey.gif

First you mirror what I think, then you stab me in the back. Try it if you see it anywhere.
Slight sour taste with lovely sweetness, amazing.

Store bought I really like Kroger's Private Selection. In particular this flavor:

My favorite though is from the state university's dairy store.

I might have to hurt you a little if this is available near me.

I don't really have a favorite flavor, I try and cycle different ones through. My family has been destroying Tillamook ice cream for the last couple of summers, which might be the most consistently good store bought brand I've ever had. Even their single flavors are great, very fond of the strawberry one.

Locally, I have a shaved ice place near me that does Dole Whip. Not even sure if it counts as ice cream but I could easily eat it every day and never get tired.

arigato

I prefer ice cream from small ice cream parlours. They always try new things and my favourite flavours change on a weekly basis, but right now I love Buttermilk-Tangerine.

disgustedjimcarrey.gif
Tangerine flavor in ice cream actually sounds like a very good idea. Gonna have to try that one out.

Vanilla because you can put almost anything on it.

Love putting hot fudge on it, or pouring it over warm chocolate chip cookies or hot apple pie...my mouth...it just.....well, I mustn't be vulgar in present company.

Skyr

At the moment it's this one:

image496x496

I also love plenty of b&j..
Hell give me any ice cream I'll eat it :|

Tevious

Publix Ice Cream was my go to ice cream when I was in Florida. Now I just go to Baskin Robins or McDonald's because there aren't many choices here in Korea.

I know it may not be a proper answer for this thread, but since everyone already has a lot of the good shit covered, Halotop ice cream is shockingly great for ~350 calories a pint. Good second choice if you have a sweet tooth but want to add some protein/ration your calories a bit.

sphinx

the piano man
I love Häagen Dazs' business approach:

"our pint is $4,99, the competition's is $1.99, we don't give a fuck, you'll buy ours, you always do"

lol

Skyr

I know it may not be a proper answer for this thread, but since everyone already has a lot of the good shit covered, Halotop ice cream is shockingly great for ~350 calories a pint. Good second choice if you have a sweet tooth but want to add some protein/ration your calories a bit.

I tried halotop when I was on vaccation in the US recently and thought it was pretty bad.
Still better than nothing when you are on a diet a guess.

Usobuko

Banned
Vanilla
Dark Chocolate
Durian ( Mao Shang Wang )
Lime
Mango

Vanilla right at the top.

For mainstream brands, I like Haagen-diaz and Movenpick. Don't like the mixed clutterfuck of most Ben and Jerry flavours.

Noctilum

Moomer's blueberry cheesecake. You'll have to go to Traverse City, MI to experience this heavenly bliss though. The shop is on their farm. The cows are milked in the morning to use in the ice cream, fruit is picked there and they bake most everything else to put in there as well. It's all made in one spot then handed to you.

Top Bottom