• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor and or brand?

The best ice cream I've found is either Turkey Hill "All Natural" ice creams, or Haagen Daz "Five" ice creams.

Both of these do not contain any of the thickening, stabilizing and emulsifying Agents (Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Lactase Enzyme, Tara Gum, mono & diglycerides, etc.) found in most other ice creams.

These ice creams will actually melt if you leave it out, instead of turning into a gelatinous blob. And they taste much richer and creamier because of it, imo.

turkey+hill+all+natural+vanilla+quart.jpg

74570650507.jpg

Turkey Hill doing god's work now that Breyers has been reduced to a hollow shell of its formerly glorius Philly-style ice cream self after Unilever (yes, the soap company) acquired it.

They even have the ingredients (by volume added) in the right order. It should always be more cream than milk, followed by actual cane sugar, then the ingredients that flavor that sweet cream base.

Linkura

Turkey Hill doing god's work now that Breyers has been reduced to a hollow shell of its formerly glorius Philly-style ice cream self after Unilever (yes, the soap company) acquired it.

They even have the ingredients (by volume added) in the right order. It should always be more cream than milk, followed by actual cane sugar, then the ingredients that flavor that sweet cream base.
Unilever also owns Ben and Jerry's now.

Yup, yup. Saw the Grater's mention earlier, yeah it isn't bad, but Jeni's is life experience-tier

Meanwhile, since I live out of Ohio nowadays--I usually buy Hagen-Dazs sorbet. Peach or Mango

Jeni's is available in some other cities. In Chicago, I there are 3 locations and it's available at some retailers as well.

Another vote for Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked. Though I do kind of get self conscious buying it sometimes, like everyone in line and the cashier are all thinking "man is getting blazed af". Stuff is super rich, though, very high in fats, so it is an occasional treat at best.

That Edy's slow churned isn't bad for having much less fat than normal ice cream. I just write it off as black magic and enjoy it without thinking too much about it.

DOWN

Banned
Blue Bell is cheap, air and water-filled junk with some listeria

Like how do people not know cheap ice cream when they taste it?

Cheap ice cream is legit overly aerated cream with shit thrown in.

Working as a pastry chef has ruined me from ever buying crap tier ice creams

BeeDog

Any proper Persian pistachio ice cream (i.e. the brands who don't taste like chemical bubblegum) is the best by faaar.

Steenbock

Neo Member
My favorite _was_ Blue Bunny Birthday Cake flavor, until they changed it... Used to be cake flavored ice cream with ribbons of thick, liquid blue frosting running through it. Then they ditched the frosting ribbons and added colorized blue streaks into the cake ice cream without the rich frosting flavor.

I stopped buying Blue Bunny brand entirely when this happened (that changed recently when they introduced Honey Bunny flavor; it's limited edition so I'll buy it while I can). However, I noticed that every store around me stopped carrying Birthday Cake flavor, so maybe I'm not the only one that doesn't like the change; hopefully they'll change it back.

They don't make my favorite ice cream anymore, that was Ben and Jerry's Cool Britannia.

If we're talking about our favorite ice cream that isn't bought in a foodstore I have three places;

Halo Farms in Trenton NJ
The Bent Spoon in Princeton NJ
Ample Hills Creamery in Walt Disney World

Ample Hills sells this one flavor you can only get a WDW it's so so damn good.

Ample-Hills-Sally-Sells-Sea-Shells.jpg

Magnum - Double Chocolate
Code:
[IMG]http://www.dfcchicken.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/magnum-double-choco.png[/IMG]

Sorbetes - Ube con Queso
Code:
[IMG]http://www.forkly.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ube-ice-cream2.jpg[/IMG]

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Any proper Persian pistachio ice cream (i.e. the brands who don't taste like chemical bubblegum) is the best by faaar.
BeeDog knows. My Kryptonite.
I'll also devour fresh pistachios by themselves till the end of time if had an infinite supply.

Laws00

They don't make my favorite ice cream anymore, that was Ben and Jerry's Cool Britannia.

If we're talking about our favorite ice cream that isn't bought in a foodstore I have three places;

Halo Farms in Trenton NJ
The Bent Spoon in Princeton NJ
Ample Hills Creamery in Walt Disney World

Ample Hills sells this one flavor you can only get a WDW it's so so damn good.

Ample-Hills-Sally-Sells-Sea-Shells.jpg

As someone who lives in NJ I need to find these places.

My family is from Trenton so I need to go take visit

As someone who lives in NJ I need to find these places.

My family is from Trenton so I need to go take visit

Halo Farms is technically in Lawrenceville, but they use Trenton as their address.

It's so good, and so cheap, even though they use 100% all natural ingredients.

Buttercrunch. Blue Bell. It's tastes like pieces of Butterfinger mixed in.

Blue Bell birthday cake is great too. Country vanilla used to be my favorite, but they don't make it anymore.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
McConnell's Banana and Salted Caramel is god tier banana pudding in ice cream form:

bsc-product-image_NEW.jpg

Of course, their old all-time best and standby of Double Peanut Butter Chip is also god tier:

dpbc-product-image.jpg

and then of course, Salt and Straw's best flavor is a July exclusive (RIGHT NOW!). Birthday Cake with Blackberry jam:

salt-and-straw1.jpg

Laws00

You know you lying. Breyer's is not about to be cheap. Store brand, Pet, and some others I can't remember are cheaper than high ass Breyer's.

I go to my local military commissary fort dix Maguire Lakehurst joint base and since it's a small base thy only carry so much stuff. They carry other brands but Breyers is their main ice cream they carry.

Don't quote me but they sell for 2.99 a carton over there.

Every other place I see trying to sell "other brand" ice cream for 5 to 6 dollars

Falchion

If I'm getting it from an ice cream place, Cold Stone's cake batter is legit. If I'm looking in a grocery store, Ben and Jerry's Salted Carmel Core is amazing.

Our local ice creamerie, Mitchell's, just started a seasonal strawberry rhubarb crisp. It has quickly surpassed any ice cream I have ever eaten, and I am dreading when it is discontinued.

Top Bottom