• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor and or brand?

Raptomex

I love Häagen Dazs' business approach:

"our pint is $4,99, the competition's is $1.99, we don't give a fuck, you'll buy ours, you always do"

lol
Yeah, but they're so good. At least I think so.

Vanilla
Vanilla Bean
Cookies and Cream

natjjohn

It's expensive, but like Halo Top believe it's the cookies and cream variety. They have other flavors that are good to boot but do have some misses. Seems healthier than regular ice cream by a long shot as well.

It is very hard for me to choose a solid flavor but these are my tops:

Moose Tracks (In a bowl)
Butter Pecan (In a bowl)
Mint Chocolate Chip (In a cone)
Chocolate Chip (In a cone)

Brand really doesn't matter but I tend to prefer Ruggles.

MooseTracks.png

The best ice cream I've found is either Turkey Hill "All Natural" ice creams, or Haagen Daz "Five" ice creams.

Both of these do not contain any of the thickening, stabilizing and emulsifying Agents (Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Lactase Enzyme, Tara Gum, mono & diglycerides, etc.) found in most other ice creams.

These ice creams will actually melt if you leave it out, instead of turning into a gelatinous blob. And they taste much richer and creamier because of it, imo.

turkey+hill+all+natural+vanilla+quart.jpg

74570650507.jpg

KHlover

Banned
Häägen-Dazs Chocolate Ice with Caramel and Cookie pieces

The plain Lindt milk chocolate they use for their easter bunnies.

I like Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream. Simple and clean and I'll probably never tire of this occasional treat. I find the Hagen Das vanilla to be too rich for me.

Americone Dream by Ben and Jerry is pretty good too when I'm wanting some variety.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
half-baked-detail.png

I wouldn't say it's my favorite ice cream ever, but as far as things I can pick up at the grocery store it's the top choice.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Of all time it was a Mayan or Aztec chocolate special edition from Haggen Dazs (hint of cinnamon) but regularly between chunky monkey and cherry Garcia.

I went to a place that had coffee flavored ice cream with huge chunks of Krispy Kreme donuts mixed in. That was probably the best. The most surprisingly good was olive oil ice cream. That stuff had no business being any good whatsoever, and it was delicious.

If you live in the north east, you've probably had Richardson's Ice Cream, because they're the dairy farm that provides ice cream to most of the mom & pop ice cream places in Massachusetts, Northern CT, Northern RI, Southern NH, Southern Maine, and Vermont.

http://www.richardsonsicecream.com/

Many/most mom and pop places in the state, roadside ice cream stands, sell Richardsons but branded as their own. It's excellent ice cream (and frozen yogurt!) and my favorite is Tollhouse Cookie, which they came out with a couple years back

Ben and Jerry's Peanut butter cup if I'm going store-bought. A local shop called Boho Gelato puts everything else in the shade, tho. I've started skipping desert when I eat out so I can go there afterwards.

Latest flavours there are all designed by local restaurants- I tried black sesame last time and it was delicious.

wavy gravy 4 lyfe homies. Its been discontinued for years and I don't even remember what it tastes like but I remember it had a LOT of nuts. CHOCK FULL O NUTS

QtXCodu.jpg

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Currently hooked on Heaven Dazs Espresso Cookie Crumble.
It may be the GOAT but I'm not ready to crown it just yet

Top Bottom