• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When Vikings Attack |OT| Amazing Price for an Amazing Game

Pranay

7600483834_7b70f9fa7b_z.jpg

Platform - PSN [Vita/PS3] [Also Buy once and get on both]
Price - US - Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99
EU - After release - £7.99/€9.99, Pre order now - £5.49/€6.99
Release Date - 7th November
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developers: Clever Beans, XDev Studios Europe

Features -

Quest Mode

15 frantic arcade Quest levels following the exploits of a hapless band of British villagers as they fight back the Viking Hoards across village fetes, rural countryside, inner cities, fish and chip shops and sea side attractions. All can be played offline, online and cross play with 1 to 4 players

Collect 62 unlockable villagers as you progress by finding them and taking them safely to the end of a stage. This includes the famous 3 competition winners

Transfer your saves seamlessly between PSVita and PS3 using Cross-Save

Score, time and death challenges for each stage

Leaderboards for all levels

Vs. Mode

3 challenging Vs. game modes for 2 to 4 players

Last Man Standing – A classic every man for themselves battle mode

Vikings Vs. Vigilantes – 2v2 team battles

Goldrush – An every man for themselves battle with a twist. There are special objectives, first to meet all objectives wins

20 unique Vs. levels playable in all above game modes each including different weapons and environmental hazards ranging from conveyer belts, busy car filled roads, warp pipes and cliff edges

All game modes and levels are playable, online, offline and on Cross-Play with PSVita and PS3

->10 Amazing facts you dont know

Media -

1.jpg

11.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

Videos :
->9 mins amazing gameplay
->Gamescon trailer

Reviews -
PSN Stores - 5/5
thesixthaxis - 8/10
Pocket Gamer - 9/10
PS Nation - A+

8144741444_fd7081a449.jpg

Pranay

I guess this is the last game published by SCE this year isnt it ?

Been a great year for psn games, cant wait to play this

Price is great , hope it does great

Slaylock

I was on the fence but the PS+ discount makes this an easy must buy.

Given the multiplayer focus, can we get a list of PSN IDs started?

zroid

Banned
Shit I guess I have to buy this now. Another 7 bucks siphoned away. :\

Also, what the hell is this game? I can't figure it out based on the OP.

zroid

Banned
much obliged

The review is right... I'm definitely not blown away visually. :p
The characters and animations seem charming though so I'm sure it won't matter.

Dragun619

Haven't heard of this game until last week when I saw the banner in the PSBlog. The art & Character designs just strike me as amusing. I like it.
That and it looks like it a fun multiplayer game to play when I have friends over. So will check out when I receive my $20 credit from PSN.

Fox1304

Just preordered the game on EU ps3 store, and it's now downloading a trial, and .... The activation key and the vita version.
Is it already out ?
If so ... Nice :D

Madflunky

Neo Member
Is it possible to pre order the game on the Vita?

Sadly not mate, one of the producers of the game, Neil McPhillips, notes that unfortunately there's no mechanism for pre-ordering on the Vita store.

I've had a play of the trial and its a lot of fun, really good local multiplayer. My wee boy loves it, anything that keeps my kids entertained is a win for me.

Edit - d'oh just beaten to it :(

Please don't take me as trolling, I'm sure it's a good game seeing the reviews and impressions here but is there anything more to it than picking up things and throwing it at each other? Looks like 1 game from something that'd be in a 30+ mini game collection.

Glix

So I read the OP, checked out the Sony Blog post and went to the developers website and I still have ZERO information about how this game plays/genre/etc.

Good job everyone.

15 frantic arcade Quest levels following the exploits of a hapless band of British villagers as they fight back the Viking Hoards across village fetes, rural countryside, inner cities, fish and chip shops and sea side attractions. All can be played offline, online and cross play with 1 to 4 players

As someone who knows nothing about the game, the above tells me nothing other than that the game has multiplayer.

Is it like PoyPoy? It looks like PoyPoy

So I read the OP, checked out the Sony Blog post and went to the developers website and I still have ZERO information about how this game plays/genre/etc.

Good job everyone.

Didn't read the OP enough? There is a 9 minute gameplay video if thats what you are looking for?

Please don't take me as trolling, I'm sure it's a good game seeing the reviews and impressions here but is there anything more to it than picking up things and throwing it at each other? Looks like 1 game from something that'd be in a 30+ mini game collection.

Looks like there is a lot more strategy than that. Judging by the gameplay video, you can pick up bigger things with a bigger group, put some spin on things before you throw it, catch things thrown at you, etc.

It reminds me of the Super Dodgeball games, which I loved back in the day. :D

Carl

Been reading some reviews of it. Surprised how much everyone loves it. Hope it does well for Clever Beans

Glix

Didn't read the OP enough? There is a 9 minute gameplay video if thats what you are looking for?

I can't watch video we are bandwidth constrained at work due to Sandy. I was hoping just for some kind of write up on the gameplay.

I'll play the demo when I can. I hope it's like poy poy.

might buy this after I get the $20 back from spending $100 in October.
Definitely need to jump on that bigger memory card though...hopefully will see something during black friday

i watched a minute of the video.... am i missing something? you just walk into benches and throw them at a cluster of vikings? why is this game scoring so well?

ryushe

Huh, this flew completely under my radar.

I'll pick it up later since word of mouth seems good... even though I literally don't know what type of game it is. But I'm a PS+ subscriber, so my daily lunch is more than the price of this game.

Edit:
So, since I'm not that impulsive, I watched the gameplay video and it seems charming but I don't know...

How's the Vita version look?

VanWinkle

Huh, this flew completely under my radar.

I'll pick it up later since word of mouth seems good... even though I literally don't know what type of game it is. But I'm a PS+ subscriber, so my daily lunch is more than the price of this game.

Edit:
So, since I'm not that impulsive, I watched the gameplay video and it seems charming but I don't know...

How's the Vita version look?

Having played both versions, the Vita looks about the exact same except it doesn't have the motion blur.

Top Bottom