• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where/how do you buy condoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grubdog

Banned
Seriously, i'm wondering, i want to know. What stores sell them, where do they keep them, do you just buy them like you would anything else? From the shelf? I've never seen them before, and have no idea what the packaging or whatever looks like. Are they in packets, how many in each packet? And how much do they cost? What is the procedure for buying condoms?

Help :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thats odd that you've never seen them before. I get them at the supermarket, aisle right next to the shampoo and hair products. I think you are just avoiding the aisle that would carry condoms. Gas stations have them also. Just go in and buy a box, nothing really special about the box itself. There isn't really a procedure, its just like buying anything else. I still get kinda embarassed when I have a women cashier, but you get over that type of thing. The main thing is to know what size you need, which honestly isn't a huge deal since they will expand if you need more room, the main thing is having a good fit with a little room at the tip.

mosaic

go eat paint
www.condom.com or www.stockroom.com depending on what else I'm buying and what kinda volume I want.

Otherwise, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and Meijer here tend to have a nice large selection located right next to the aspirin and razors.

You grab the box, you take it to the register, and you pay. It's no big deal.

Sometimes, it's a good idea to pick up some astroglide too... a drop or two on the inside sure helps the heat and friction transfer nice. But not too much, or her cooch might yank it right off!

The fun part is buying a pregnancy test, and having the cashier exclaim, "wuh oh" when she sees it. Oh, the fun experiences life brings.

Grubdog

Banned
Alright, thanks, that's pretty much erased all the confusion I had. I'll check out my local supermarket tomorrow.

bobafett

Grubdog said:
Alright, thanks, that's pretty much erased all the confusion I had. I'll check out my local supermarket tomorrow.

Tomorrow we'll have a new man in the GAF. Congratulations! ;-)

Willco

Hollywood Square
The worst is when you work at the place where you are buying the condoms. And the cashier knows you. And the cashier knows who you're dating at work. Yeah.

pollo

Banned
planned parenthood gives them away for free. Although they charge .25 cents for each condom, you can say you dont have any money and they'll give you a goody bag full o durex. Also birth control > condoms. But why use condoms? Get your girl on the pill. Its 20 bucks a month at planned parenthood or free with insurance (although parents would know)

Che

Banned
Grubdog said:
Seriously, i'm wondering, i want to know. What stores sell them, where do they keep them, do you just buy them like you would anything else? From the shelf? I've never seen them before, and have no idea what the packaging or whatever looks like. Are they in packets, how many in each packet? And how much do they cost? What is the procedure for buying condoms?

You're kidding right? Where do you live?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
pollo said:
planned parenthood gives them away for free. Although they charge .25 cents for each condom, you can say you dont have any money and they'll give you a goody bag full o durex. Also birth control > condoms. But why use condoms? Get your girl on the pill. Its 20 bucks a month at planned parenthood or free with insurance (although parents would know)

Maybe he's not sure where the girl has been? :p

Anyway, the worst place to buy condoms at from my experience is supermarkets and similar. It can be a bit embarrassing...but that's not the worst part...it's a lot more expensive too. I went to the local youth clinic, and they had 'em for 25 cents. A steal! And I only bought 10! :( I need to go there and buy more...

pollo

Banned
haha I know what you mean about that expensive condom shit. I was buying them at CVS and I almost wasn't going to because it was 10 bucks..10 BUCKS!! Needless to say I didnt eat anything but cereal that day =/

Its like: Which primary drive do you wanna satisfy today my man? Eating or Sexing =D

Oh and I thought about doing it raw. And that smacked myself for even considering something stupid like that

Ecrofirt

No, the worst thing is when you need to buy special condoms, because your girlfriend is alergic to latex.

Those fucking things are expensive as hell, and I don't know of anything else but lambskin (NO thank you!).

trojan_supra.gif

They're good for me, but imagine the poor sucker that would need a Magnum or Magnum XL. He'd be SOL. amd they don't even come in any styles other than plain old jimmy hat.

mosaic

go eat paint
I don't like the condoms that colleges and planned parenthood tend to give out. They're usually Lifestyles, but don't feel or hold up as well as the same Lifestyles boxed brands you get in stores.

And Trojans have horrible texture. It's like screwing a glove.

It's amazing how trying different brands can result in so much more pleasure for both involved.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

darscot

If your a single guy and not getting it multiple times a week. Just get them from machines. Condoms don't last, the last thing you should be doing is keeping that box around in the bottom drawer after it has been on the shelf for god nows how long. The machines are always being used so there good and fresh.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Condoms are sold all over the fuckin place around here. Just go to walgreens or something.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
If you're really embarrased about buying them, why not go to a store with a self checkout machine?

evil ways

Yeah, some restrooms in bars or clubs have condom vending machines, put a dollar and some change and get a condom.

Or if you're too embarrassed you could always go to your local drugstore, buy toothpaste, a toothbrush, toilet paper, a pack of BIC pens, some AA or AAA batteries, a comb, some chewing gum and then put a random pack of condoms under all that.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
tesco's bathrooms sell condoms, but don't use them, you'll the get the girl pregnant. Go to a pharmacy.

Matlock

Banned
Only two things to remember.

1. Buying condoms is never a badge of shame. It's a badge of "Hey, look at me! I'm gettin' LAID."
2. Never buy condoms when you're horny. Your wallet will thank you if you remember this.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Grubdog said:

Go ask your mom or something.

darscot

I used to use machine condoms allot. Never had a problem with them always buy them from busy machines though. Have had several problems with store bought ones though. One of my buddies caught his girl poking a hole through them with needle. I say buy the day you need it. Don't keep them around, if things dont work out chuck them out and buy more next time.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
God everywhere sells them in the UK. Chemists, supermarkets, pharmacy places like Boots, rest rooms everywhere. And I mean everywhere, not just in bars. I'm always surprised if a place doesn't have a condom machine.

darscot

teepo said:
my mom buys me condoms sometimes.. what the big deal?

they're expensive as hell.

Why do I smell bullshit? You can't afford a condom but you can afford a women to use them with?

EmSeta

I never understood what's so embarrasing about buying condoms. Or maybe it's just because I live in Sweden. :p

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
EmSeta said:
I never understood what's so embarrasing about buying condoms. Or maybe it's just because I live in Sweden. :p

I think its an American thing or maybe it is just a Grizzly thing. I just feel so ashamed when the cashier is a women. Like I've done something wrong ot her. I didn't touch that girl...she told me she was 18...I don't even go to that store...I swear. :(

teepo

darscot said:
Why do I smell bullshit? You can't afford a condom but you can afford a women to use them with?

15 bucks for a pack of 15... easily runs me 45+ a month. fuck that shit.

You leave the chair, drive to the store, pick up a pack of extra small condoms, pay, then leave. What's the problem here?

golem

:lol .. my friend asked me the exact same question in high school, after his girlfriend missed a period.. i almost socked him

aku:jiki

teepo said:
15 bucks for a pack of 15... easily runs me 45+ a month. fuck that shit.
I think you win the complain-brag award.

Grizzlyjin said:
I think its an American thing or maybe it is just a Grizzly thing.
No, I'm swedish too and I get embarassed. It's not shameful to buy or use them, obviously, but it's the invasion of privacy, so to speak. It's self-inflicted, but it's hard to really have a choice and it's still a peek into my private life that I don't want some cashier to have.

Fifty

mosaic said:
"Family Pack" of condoms... what an ironic, and possibly worrisome, label.

lol. I mean are they implying that you'd share them with your family?!

One for little sis, one for mom, and one for your crazy cousin Jesse. I just don't think that's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom