• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game are you looking forward to seeing on Next-Gen hardware?

Hawksley

kaching said:
I'm still waiting for my Magic Carpet sequel...whoever owns the property at this point. The scale of environmental deformation that those games offered has rarely been seen since and I'd love to see more accurate materials simulation become prominent next gen.

Yes.

Who was it that bought Bullfrog? I seem to recall it being EA. So I would guess they own the rights.

Exactly what I was waiting for on PS2. A new, even more realistic (NO LIFE BARS!) Bushido Blade with gleaming, reflictive blades and beautiful characer models in a much more complex set of environments with a great deal of interaction. Kengo was the biggest disappointment I have ever had in a game.

RPGs with new and interesting mechanics are always nice, and I am sure I will get just about everything by Square and Nintendo, as I have since the SNES days.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
A sequel to ICO... would probably be the best looking game *EVER*, and Treasure's next game ;)

Hard to say. The usual suspects I guess.

A year or so ago I would have said Dynasty Warriors but DW4 and SW have really soured me on Koei and Omega Force and frankly given how little effort they seem to be putting into their games I fully suspect that the next-gen Warriors game will thoroughly dissapoint any expectations I may have for what they'll do on better hardware.

So saying that I'll have to say that the VF5 and the next-gen GTA are probably top of my list, probably 'cause those their predecessors are the games I've been playing most recently.

And I'd love to see Shenmue started from scratch with an equal amount of ambition as was poured into the first two but with the lessons of the past learnt.

But then again I'm not really all that bothered about rushing into the next-gen, I'm more than content with the current gen at the moment. Hell the number of games coming out this holiday that I want will probably last me until the end of the gen and 2005 is already filling up rapidly as well.

Top Bottom