• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which JRPG(s) are you getting? Fall / Winter 2024 Edition

Which games are you planning to buy?

• Reynatis (Sept 27th)

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio (Oct 10th)

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Romancing Saga 2: Revenge of the Seven (Oct 25th)

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Ys X: Nordics (Oct 25th)

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Farmagia (Nov 1st)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario and Luigi: Brothership (Nov 7th)

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (Nov 14th)

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Fairy Tail 2 (Dec 11th)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other (Let us know in the thread!)

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There are tons of great JRPGs coming out between now and the end of the year - which ones are you getting? Which are you most excited for (and why)?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
91Z4r7sJBzL._AC_SX679_.jpg
81pm4E9MfSL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Robb

Gold Member
81fld687s0L.jpg

Can’t wait! I’m sooo happy to see the series return. It’s going to be a cozy November.
Blanket Snuggle Up GIF by MOODMAN

Fbh

Only YS X for me. Looking forward to Anime Black Flag
YsX_GIF4_Sailing.gif

They are usually fun and fairly well paced and gameplay focused for JRPGs. 9 was a bit of a step down from 8 but this looks like a return to form.

Metaphor looks cool but I usually only play these super long JRPGs once, and since Atlus always releases a much improved version of their games a couple of years later I'll just wait for that version.

kubricks

Romancing Saga 2: Revenge of the seven.
I still can't believe they managed to improve the absolutely GOD tier battle 1 theme from the original game, I will buy the game day 1 for the OST alone.

I am getting DQ, Ys X, Final Fantasy I-VI Collection, Metaphor, Mario & L, and Romancing Saga 2.

Next year i am getting Suikoden I & II HD Remaster

Its going to be a mix of steam and switch games.

Last edited:

foamdino

Just Metaphor for me. I've (just) finished Trails of Cold Steel and I'm gonna pull the trigger on Trails of Cold Steel 2 around black friday if I can get a decent deal. Currently jrpg-ing my way through my first Atelier game (Ryza 1) so not much time for anything else (on top of Metaphor that is).

Also in non-jrpg news, Path of Exile 2 opens early access mid-November - from that point on I will have no time/life/energy to do anything else.

KàIRóS

Metaphor, Mario and Luigi, SaGa 2 and SAO Fractured Daydream.

I cancelled DQ3 after the woke censorship, I'll probably get it later on a sale though.

As for Ys X I already have the japanese version so I probably won't be double dipping, didn't like it that much tbh.

Like others already answered above, Metaphor and DQIII.

Nihon Falcom games are accumulating in my backlog unfortunately.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Going to get DQ III Day 1, and probably Metaphor Day 1 or at least close enough to that depending on what else I have going on.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Metaphor on launch, and maybe some of the rest later on.

yazenov

Day 1:

Metaphor
Ys X: Nordics

Later:

Romancing Saga 2: Revenge of The Seven
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake

Shifty1897

The Romancing Saga 2 demo sold me on it, so I may buy that at launch and get Metaphor once I beat P3 Reload.

Last edited:
Top Bottom