• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoogoo

Rez said:
This is off-topic, but you have 40,000 posts, post on average 20 times a day and I've never seen you before. Weird!

Maybe he changed his avatar recently. You really don't have to look any further than that.

Rez said:
This is off-topic, but you have 40,000 posts, post on average 20 times a day and I've never seen you before. Weird!
He posts in best gaf. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's because you aren't supposed to know.

Rez said:
I've been posting since 2006 and:

a) I stay as far away from Gaming as possible unless it's posting about a game I own. OT-GAF is best GAF.
b) 65% of my posts are in Sports-GAF, in which I never see you in.
c) I stay away from most dumb OT threads unless I'm completely bored.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Flying_Phoenix said:
I thought Dragona was an admin not a mod?

Honestly Segata wasn't that good at all, well at least during his last year on here or so. He became so bitter.

I can't remember. Though, most use 'admin' and 'mod' interchangeably.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Frankman said:
I've been posting since 2006 and:

a) I stay as far away from Gaming as possible unless it's posting about a game I own. OT-GAF is best GAF.
b) 85% of my posts are in Sports-GAF, in which I never see you in.
c) I stay away from most dumb OT threads unless I'm completely bored.
Ah, sports-GAF, right, right.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The Frankman said:
In a thread Dragona revealed the existence of a Mod thread where the mods talk about policy/bans and stuff. Basically every thread has them, but apparently you're not supposed to tell GAFfers or something, or she mentioned something from the mod thread to a GAFfer. One of the higherups got pissed and de-modded her. Dragona was pissed, stating that she was de-modded due to her quick trigger finger for bans. She decided to walk out, Red Scarlet found out and left also.
I thought the mod forum was known. When you bookmark threads that get moved, or hit a feature that states "Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?" I know a few other mods also referenced something like it too.

shintoki said:
I thought the mod forum was known. When you bookmark threads that get moved, or hit a feature that states "Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?"

I know a few other mods also referenced something like it too.
So did I, which makes me think she revealed some sort of info to GAFfers from that forum that wasn't supposed to be known.
Rez said:
Ah, sports-GAF, right, right.
One other thing is I RARELY EVER make threads, unless it's in Online Gaming. I can't remember my last OT thread, and Gaming thread? LOL, that may never happen, although as big a Resident Evil/MLB: The Show fan I am I might do one someday.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
2YTAr.jpg

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So why is this blame space character so loved?

Neki

I can't wait until I can look back on a GAF thread and see all the names grayed out.

What a glorious day that will be.

sadly, I wasn't here for any crazy exits by members. :(

Seen quite a few go in my time. I miss Bjork most.

FREE BJORK!

Also like many have posted, I tend to stay in the OT. As they say... came for gaming, stayed for OT.

Ultimoo said:
I can't wait until I can look back on a GAF thread and see all the names grayed out.

What a glorious day that will be.

sadly, I wasn't here for any crazy exits by members. :(

Yeah, it'll probably be the same as my reaction when I read old threads from years and years back (like 2009!)

"PigSpeakers? What kind of dumb name is that?"

itxaka

Defeatist
Plywood said:
Not from what I heard. :/

Wasn't Wrath the guy that was always talking about sex and followed Dragona everywhere to post sexual innuendos to her?

He was funny. And his avatar was awesome.

Who was the other female mod? Dragona and...

Red Scarlett.

itxaka said:
Wasn't Wrath the guy that was always talking about sex and followed Dragona everywhere to post sexual innuendos to her?

He was funny. And his avatar was awesome.

Regardless of Dragona's character. Posting sexual innuendos and intentionally provoking a mod ( or admin) isn't exactly funny imo. Just saying from my perspective.

MC Safety

The Frankman said:
Ummmm .... those stories on Dragona and Red Scarlet seem off. The story I was told was from a couple of mods themselves.

In a thread Dragona revealed the existence of a Mod thread where the mods talk about policy/bans and stuff. Basically every thread has them, but apparently you're not supposed to tell GAFfers or something, or she mentioned something from the mod thread to a GAFfer. One of the higherups got pissed and de-modded her. Dragona was pissed, stating that she was de-modded due to her quick trigger finger for bans. She decided to walk out, Red Scarlet found out and left also.

I wish Red Scarlet didn't leave. She always hung out in the MLB thread every postseason to talk and I found her commentary in the P3 thread funny. She was one of the fairest mods, and her presence will be missed.

People are asking why dragona quit being a moderator?

How come no one is asking why she was made a moderator in the first place?

She was everything a moderator shouldn't be and a few things a moderator should never be.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
salva said:
Because we all know that no one outside the internet loves him. So it's mostly out of pity.
Very harsh words.

Salazar

InsertNameHere said:
This thread makes me feel like a newcomer. Which I am, so, fair enough really.

I'm content not having been here for palaeo-GAF.

It sounds more mean spirited, if occasionally very humorous.

I'm actually curious what the ban rate is among members after 6 months,1 year, 2 years ect. Tangentially, what is the wash-out rate for new members (people not visiting anymore) after 6 months, 1 year ect.

itxaka

Defeatist
spiderman123 said:
Regardless of Dragona's character. Posting sexual innuendos and intentionally provoking a mod ( or admin) isn't exactly funny imo. Just saying from my perspective.

Oh no, don't get me wrong I didn't meant that. I meant out of that in other threads. His strange behavior and Dragona not banning him made me think they were friends or something IRL and that is why he got a pass saying those things.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GoutPatrol said:
It seems that there are two different stories being told in the topic.

1. She was de-modded after one-too-many mass bannings in the sexist bullshit topics. Every few months for a while there would be a new story posted about a woman driver (something like this) and it would get real tasteless, real quick. 2 pages in and around 3/4ths of the posters would be banned. Alot (really, most) of those bannings are well deserved but sometimes she went a little overboard.

2. She asked to be de-modded and went into exile because she was tired of said sexist bullshit topics.

The Frankman said:
Ummmm .... those stories on Dragona and Red Scarlet seem off. The story I was told was from a couple of mods themselves.

I wish Red Scarlet didn't leave. She always hung out in the MLB thread every postseason to talk and I found her commentary in the P3 thread funny. She was one of the fairest mods, and her presence will be missed.

Huh, interesting.

I do have to say, although me and Dragona seemed to have this (really bitter for some reason) rivalry based on our preference for Zeldas, I actually didn't think she was so bad (aside from giving me this fucking tag for the past 6 years! D: ). I truly didn't think that having a particular preference for a video game series would be enough to warrant such hate, but alas. At the very least, she didn't ban me as many times as I would have expected from a person with an axe to grind.

And Red Scarlet was definitely the nicest, and coolest girl mod (modette?). I think she banned me once, but was really polite about it in the explanation message. Shame she's no here anymore. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom