• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
airmangataosenai said:
Back when I lurked I always found her style annoying too, glad I wasn't the only one. What a reprehensible person, people like her should never be given any sort of position of authority as they don't know how to handle it.

Yeah, she was worse than Tazznum. But the absolute worst were her fans (or those who feared her?). Nothing worse than a bunch of sycophants falling over themselves to praise her erratic behavior. Some are still at it to this day.

Red Scarlett remains the closest thing to an ideal female mod at GAF. Fair, helpful and a mod who actually acted like she enjoyed this place.

itxaka

Defeatist
SmokyDave said:
No, it's because it was a vicious and unprovoked attack that cost the community one of it's nicer members. I also hate being reminded that the spiteful little prick has a booming fan-club. That exit should've been enough to kill any defenders, but apparently not.

I think she is still around. I remember seeing her on one of the Tinychat sessions but I was pretty doped so maybe it was someone else.

Salazar

Big Sicily's avalanche of statistics, charts, and condescension was pretty good (intolerable) while it lasted. I can't quite remember what the final straw was.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
RustyNails said:
Truth. The problem for hateful wackos is that they get banned much more quickly than regular folks. You can't continue to post in a civil fashion while keeping that much hatred in your heart against a group of people. Sooner or later, a meltdown will occur or they will say some stupid shit.
That's weird, I could have sworn that Nizar was one of the ardent Islam defenders. I guess I'm just confusing him with someone else.

SmokyDave

Rentahamster said:
That's weird, I could have sworn that Nizar was one of the ardent Islam defenders. I guess I'm just confusing him with someone else.
He was an ex-muslim so he didn't have an awful lot of good things to say about Islam. He was an interesting fellow though. Always polite too, that goes a long way.

Anteater

Patrick Bateman said:
I just missed the dumb child talk and stupid smilies in every PS3-thread.

Christian Bale, why so serious
RCqxa.gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
SmokyDave said:
He was an ex-muslim so he didn't have an awful lot of good things to say about Islam. He was an interesting fellow though. Always polite too, that goes a long way.
Ooooh, maybe that's what I was remembering. He was the dude with the Stewie avatar, right?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Defuser said:
I do miss a few of the banned members such himuro,demi.etc they such good posters...with exception of Costanza cause he's a shameless exploiting douche.

Costanza was a joke character though, he confirmed it himself on.. um.. some other site.

Combichristoffersen said:
Costanza was a joke character though, he confirmed it himself on.. um.. some other site.

nah i think he was just really immature and tried to play it off that he was a joke character after the fact

itxaka

Defeatist
Patrick Bateman said:
What happened to Haunted? I didn't see a link of his last post.

I can't find shit but some normal posts on one of the SC2 threads :S

Unless he was banned for saying NUAIDS in the NUADS Xbox ads thread...

Chittagong

Gold Member
who was the guy who signed off every post with goddam, I think his username was changed to golfham after he did that for a while

SmokyDave

Rentahamster said:
Ooooh, maybe that's what I was remembering. He was the dude with the Stewie avatar, right?
That's the fella. Changed his name to Nizar, can't remember his original name. Anaxagoras or something?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
brianjones said:
nah i think he was just really immature and tried to play it off that he was a joke character after the fact

He was a cheapskate and a dickwad, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was all an act of trolling.

And I see blame space is back! All is well in the nation of GAF. Well, except that Huelen is still banned :(

Edit: WTF @ the thread about the guy who pissed on/in his 360

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
SmokyDave said:

Huh, interesting. Your opinion is very contrast to my opinion of him.

Anyways, yes, Red Scarlett was the best mod in GAF. She's still around, right? Just not a mod anymore. I wish she gets reinstated back... though I suppose this is impossible.

Tarazet

Laughing Banana said:
Anyways, yes, Red Scarlett was the best mod in GAF. She's still around, right? Just not a mod anymore. I wish she gets reinstated back... though I suppose this is impossible.

She's not banned, but she's long gone.

Chittagong said:
who was the guy who signed off every post with goddam, I think his username was changed to golfham after he did that for a while
He was originally KR3W, then his name was changed to goddam, and finally, golfham.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
itxaka said:
What about Kadey? Or that other dude in OT who was a model? Both were easily a 9 and they were posting here.

How would you know.... unless.....that photo is yours? DUN DUN DUUUUUN :p

No fucking way Kadey is a 9!

SmokyDave said:
No, it's because it was a vicious and unprovoked attack that cost the community one of it's nicer members.

IDK if you're playing coy, but to be fair, Himuro isn't the only reason Koshiba is laying low.

kinda NSFW

If she was an annoyance to some before, this turned her into an object of ridicule.

blame space is back? Thank you BasedGod.

So, I hear a lot about of big GAF personalities/celebrities like Himuro, costanza, etc.

Who are the current ones? I'd say people like SmokeyDave, Gaborn...

Edit: Holy shit what is the origin of that koshiba cartoon? I laughed.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Instigator said:
IDK if you're playing coy, but to be fair, Himuro isn't the only reason Koshiba is laying low.

kinda NSFW

If she was an annoyance to some before, this turned her into an object of ridicule.
wow

SmokyDave

Instigator said:

kinda NSFW

Goddamn img.ur is blocked. I can tell from the TinyPic preview that it's a cartoon of Koshiba leading some white knights along with her boobs. To me, that's all projection. The only time I noticed Koshibas boobs is when I went looking for them specifically. Yeah, it was a bit annoying in the 'post new pics' thread seeing her quoted endlessly but she was an attractive chick with an impressive rack, what do you expect?

Still seems fucked up to me. Why would you have a problem with someone flaunting nice tits?

Chuckie

SmokyDave said:
Goddamn img.ur is blocked. I can tell from the TinyPic preview that it's a cartoon of Koshiba leading some white knights along with her boobs. To me, that's all projection. The only time I noticed Koshibas boobs is when I went looking for them specifically. Yeah, it was a bit annoying in the 'post new pics' thread seeing her quoted endlessly but she was an attractive chick with an impressive rack, what do you expect?

Still seems fucked up to me. Why would you have a problem with someone flaunting nice tits?

The cartoon isn't flattering. The body is saggy and somehow (I have no idea why) there's a Star of David tattoed above her private part.

SmokyDave said:
Fuck Himuro. The only thing uglier than his suicide is seeing people defend him.
Agreed. His post came off as more of a bitter retort to a long history of rejection from Koshiba than "keeping it real".

Neki

who was the guy with that cartoon snow man avatar? that guy was awesome, unless then that's Oblivion. because if so, then I'm disappointed, he was cooler with that avatar. :(

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I just wonder what usernames all these people who have been banned over the years are using now..

Salazar

Kentpaul said:
I just wonder what usernames all these people who have been banned over the years are using now..

I wonder how Kittonwy managed to resist Poli-GAF, the scene of so many crimes.

Narag

Ultimoo said:
who was the guy with that cartoon snow man avatar? that guy was awesome, unless then that's Oblivion. because if so, then I'm disappointed, he was cooler with that avatar. :(

Odysseus.

SmokyDave said:
No, it's because it was a vicious and unprovoked attack that cost the community one of it's nicer members. I also hate being reminded that the spiteful little prick has a booming fan-club. That exit should've been enough to kill any defenders, but apparently not.

Hey he got rid of an attention whore. Three cheers for Himuro!

Geez. I never knew any of this happened to her. My lurking ability must not be that great. Anyway, its sad what happened. She didn't really deserve that. Who was responsible for that image?

KaotikMind said:
Hey he got rid of an attention whore. Three cheers for Himuro!

i dont really get how shit like this and posting that image is okay

I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANY MORE

which mod should i tattle to

EDIT: no, not Dead Man.. not now

spindashing said:
Who are the current ones? I'd say people like SmokeyDave, Gaborn...
I think it depends on which part of the forum you are talking about. I never go into sporting threads for example, so people who are prolific there go under my radar. Also I only lurk in gaming, and I think frequent interaction creates personalities.

Yeah I'd agree on Smokey and Gaborn, amongst others, but that's because the two of them are often in the same topics as me in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom