• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

blame space said:
Opiate I'm sorry I said that was the worst thread I had ever seen. It was only hyperbole. You're really probably the best posters here.

Sometimes the arbitrary arguing here just makes me sad and seeing that thread sent me over the edge one night.
It's okay Blame Space you can pee on my face R.Kelly style anytime bro, pause

TheExodu5

Banned
blame space said:
Opiate I'm sorry I said that was the worst thread I had ever seen. It was only hyperbole. You're really probably the best posters here.

Sometimes the arbitrary arguing here just makes me sad and seeing that thread sent me over the edge one night.

I haven't seen the thread in question, but hey, people change. I'm definitely a pretty different poster than I was in my first days on GAF.

LProtag

blame space said:

why are you talking like this

snesfreak said:
But then who would tell us about their Alyssa Milano scat fantasies?
I'm sure Steelers-GAF have some nasty dom fetishes learned from Rapistberger. They'll do.

FMT would be a temp ban. His return would be akin to Chris Jericho's debut on RAW back in 1999.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wazzim said:
That's because very few people get them nowadays so more people want to be part of the 'elite'.

i still have no idea how i got my tag but i am kinda happy since yeah they are rarely given out

also its nice reading all the insight behind the scenes especially since i was lurking/waiting to be approved during many gaf exits

Andrex sucks man

Pokemon avatar what is that shit smh

Yo by the way why haven't you ever returned my disses, EviLore. I worked hard on those lyrics man.

First it was the smilies, then it was the avatars, you better not take anything else away or I'll Ja Rule you

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm just glad I don't have my old tag anymore. It was never true. :(

Current tag is accurate. Mouse lag pisses me off. Even though d3doverrider does add mouse lag as well. :p

Rapstah

I was about to ask if Account Approvals and Account Approvals 2 were administrators or moderators, but since I couldn't remember what their exact names were I sniffed around a little and found this handy page. Good for the next time you suspect new moderators or something I guess.

LProtag

Neuromancer said:
It's his schtick. Somehow it seems appropriate. You read his post, then look at his avatar.

I'm just so used to the minimalist style with lack of capitalization and punctuation from him.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
EviLore said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaat

Stump? Our stump? Not evil goatee alternate universe stump?

Haha like I said, maybe I'm letting a few minor incidents cloud my overall memories. Or maybe he did/said something early on that gave me a negative opinion that eventually disappeared once I forgot what it was.

If we are being honest in here, my only real complaint is I feel like PC gaming gaf gets away with waaaay more than non PC gaming gaf does. And this is coming from a PC gamer.

bengraven

So since we're opening up the gates, who was the NeoGAF mod on Twitter? The bitter, angry one. I think they renamed themselves "FakeNeoGAFMod" now, but used to be something else.

siddx said:
If we are being honest in here, my only real complaint is I feel like PC gaming gaf gets away with waaaay more than non PC gaming gaf does. And this is coming from a PC gamer.

Hush you fool, you'll ruin it for the rest of us D:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Drinky Crow said:
why is this even under discussion? the BEST exit was MAF's, by far: instead of the admins banning him for some evilore/hito image trolls, they, in their irritation, decided to make a minor change to the UBB code so he -- in a special group or profile category -- could create threads and post yet no-one but the mods could see his topics and remarks, like he was completely invisible. he quickly caught on to this and SPAMMED the forum with modbait posts, they banned him which flipped his account to a standard profile, and all of his troll threads suddenly became visible. THAT is how you go out. besides, he was deadminned for deleting some mod wah-wah thread (albeit a wah-wah thread from a then-mod personality i liked, jinx).

IIRC we kept him on "tachy goes to coventry" status (where no one else can see your posts) for something like a year or more, until maharg realized that it used a lot of database processing power, so no, his posts didn't show up again until well after anyone would have noticed or cared.

And I assumed that White Man straight up told MAF that he had been put on that, after MAF stopped posting immediately when he gained tachy status. Maybe not, dunno; I don't hold it against White Man since you're all friends or whatever and the main thing was to kill MAF's GAF account.

TheExodu5

Banned
siddx said:

We're an oppressed minority, it's okay.

Rapstah

bengraven said:
So since we're opening up the gates, who was the NeoGAF mod on Twitter? The bitter, angry one. I think they renamed themselves "FakeNeoGAFMod" now, but used to be something else.
Are you talking about #FakeNeoGAFMod or his close friend #Hitlore? Not linking to either.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
bengraven said:

mewthree is the obsessive twitter stalker with the "fakeneogafmod" and "notneogaf" accounts and all that, afaik.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
jim-jam bongs said:
Hush you fool, you'll ruin it for the rest of us D:

lol my bad

bishopt is the one truly terrifying mod. Mainly because of his avatar. Sam Jackson stares into my goddamn soul.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EviLore said:
mewthree is the obsessive twitter stalker with the "fakeneogafmod" and "notneogaf" accounts and all that, afaik.
We need more stalk GAF stories. Im sure you have a couple of them.
EDIT: Odd, Mewthree looks like a cool cat to me.

NewFresh

EviLore said:
IIRC we kept him on "tachy goes to coventry" status (where no one else can see your posts) for something like a year or more, until maharg realized that it used a lot of database processing power, so no, his posts didn't show up again until well after anyone would have noticed or cared.

And I assumed that White Man straight up told MAF that he had been put on that, after MAF stopped posting immediately when he gained tachy status. Maybe not, dunno; I don't hold it against White Man since you're all friends or whatever and the main thing was to kill MAF's GAF account.

slowclap.gif

Mr_Brit said:
So what exactly did Red Scarlet do in the football thread?

It was a few years ago so I may be be getting the order wrong but basically a poster complained to a mod about some anti-Italian slur & the poster of said slur was banned(which was fair enough, I don't think it was a perma-ban).

After this she decided to go through the last few pages of that thread & banned posters for things that wouldn't have been banned in other threads at the time(especially if you consider the sort of thing US Sport-Gaf get away with regularly & still does) just because it was pointed out that perhaps she didn't understand football fans, & then after it was pointed out that it was unfair to ban people for things that had been being posted for the last couple of years in the previous threads( in which other mods had occasionally posted) she claimed she would go through the whole thread "to be fair" & she clearly didn't ( as no-one else was banned), all she did was perma-ban the posters who questioned her with some sarcastic message on the ban message.

Exactly what was needed. It was a thread full of idiots being idiots and getting away with it because mods had for whatever reason ignored it. When she finally dropped in, she found a thread full of posts that would have gotten members perma'd in any other thread.

Such as? I can only think of one poster that fits that description & he would have been banned eventually anyway, as far as I recall the current thread is fairly similar in content to how it used to be.

bengraven

I actually meant "Amanda" now that I think of it.

I don't know why I called her Jessica.

bengraven said:
Has anyone mentioned that "Amanda" chick? (I think that was her name)

She was a complete train wreck, attention whore, created threads just to fish for attention. She finally got banned and found a home at the one place a somewhat decent looking girl who loves people's white knighting or the opposite: treating her like a whore. OA.

EviLore said:

Ah, okay. He said he was a mod, but most of his information seemed a bit off. I thought that if he was a mod, he must be one of those who are either on their way out the door, or burned bridges with you a while ago but wasn't demodded.

NewFresh

siddx said:
lol my bad

bishopt is the one truly terrifying mod. Mainly because of his avatar. Sam Jackson stares into my goddamn soul.

I am with you
9kquc5.jpg

bengraven

MaestroRyan said:
wait guys drinky crow was just in this thread?

why are all your minds still intact? am i missing something?

Notice his name is not greyed out. His tag is "banned".

He just posts on other forums more often than here.

Hi Doug! haha

EviLore said:

dude, he caught y'all straight out in less than a day. i know, because he was my carpool peep and we had many a lol that day. he's a devious duder underneath that disingenuous fanboy exterior.

white man is quite loyal to y'all and had nothing to do with it; in fact, i think he felt we were a pair of prats, and he was totes right

Amir0x said:
Plus mods can't change tags.

The More You Know™.

So who was the one that changed a while ago Kagari's tag from "Zero Shift something" to "Zero Shit something" and then back again to "Zero Shift something"?
Just wondering, I thought it was some mod trolling Kagari, but I guess it wasn't that.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
MaestroRyan said:
wait guys drinky crow was just in this thread?

why are all your minds still intact? am i missing something?
I think this is the finale. We're about to get cancelled.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
siddx said:
Maybe I'm letting isolated incidents obscure my memories, but I seem to remember quite a few threads when he was freshly minted where he'd drop into a thread for a few pages and just be a humorless prick to posters while almost daring them to get angry and be banned. And perhaps he was just being sarcastic and I didn't catch it, but he mentioned having hundreds of posters on ignore before becoming a mod, which made me question whether he had the patience and tolerance to be a mod. But as I said he could have been joking.

But regardless, like I said, he's become a very good mod since then.

You mean this ?

User 7575

Banned
bengraven said:
Notice his name is not greyed out. His tag is "banned".

He just posts on other forums more often than here.

Hi Doug! haha

yes, i realize. But Drinky Crow's height coincided with my first lurkings/postings, so I grew up watching the guy troll like no other. It's like being in the presence of a celebrity, or a pioneer of your chosen field. And I thought he was deceased.

Who else was popular when I first started? I remember... Drinky, Nighttrain, White Man, charlie something? not sure.

scy

This thread had made me realize how many people I enjoyed reading posts from have been banned over the years. Sad day.

@Amir0x trolling: lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom