• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which version of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 are you getting ?

Hellraizah

And why ?

I'm still undecided. If the Xbox version supports progressive scan, then this will be the version to get, but I got a fully working arcade stick for PS2 (damn the old MAS converter for Xbox). Does the GameCube version supports progressive scan ?

Hellraizah

I truly hate the GameCube button layout, but, if my next arcade stick works with one of my adapters, I'll be considering this version, even though it supposedly lacks some things that are in the other 2 versions.

evil ways

I think I'm gonna wait for some impressions and in depth info on the glitches and omissions, especially since Gamestop told me they're selling it for $24.99 as opposed to just $19.99

As long as MKII, MK3 and Narc look, sound and play just like the arcade versions, I'll buy it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
GC...

Last I heard, all three were pretty much identical... last time around, the only one with issues was the PS2 version.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Have there been any reviews on how good the MK II and III ports are ?

I'll be buying the Xbox version, since image quality is very important to me. I mean I have all three consoles, but when it comes to multi-platform titles, 9/10 the Xbox version is at least somewhat better. In this case I'm betting the image quality is better, since it may most likely support 480p, like MK1 on the Xbox does. Other than that, you can't go wrong either way, since I'm betting they all run the same emulator, and therefore run the same. It's not like Narc or Mortal Kombat II will tax any current next gen system.

etiolate

Banned
I have all my collections on GC, so I'll likely get that one. Plus, the PS2 version of MAT had issues while the GC and xBOx were fine.

I plan to get the GC version (no Xbox here), but it better have a button config this time incase I decide to use a DualShock2 with MK.

The IGN review says Pit Fighter actually runs too fast on PS2 and is almost unplayable because of it.

I actually enjoy that game, so that's out.

Bog said:
MKII and 3 not being perfect is unacceptable.

How are they not perfect? I'm just asking because I don't know, and this is the first time I've heard anything regarding Midway's Arcade Treasures 2. Was the emulator they used glitchy?

Anyanka

It needs to have options. That's my biggest problem with MK1. What kind of game doesn't have an options menu? Ridiculous.

If it's anything like the emulation of MK1 then music will be low on some stages, sound effects will sutter and there'll be some slowdown.

Anyanka

MK-MK3 have a full test menu with options.

There's no reason to leave that out. You should be able to change difficulty and view the audits menu.

It did suck that they didn't allow you to access that before. The fact that you can't config anything at all was beyond annoying.

What I don't understand is that this time they were going to port some of the games that were to demanding to emulate, so why are the MK games glitchy? You'd think those would be the ones they'd want running at 100%.

Top Bottom