• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles 2 |OT| of WKC 1+1

Lucis

I'm surprised that this hasn't happened yet. It's kinda sad that no one cares about this game =(. But I personally thought the first iteration wasn't bad and so I bought the second one also. This is the first time I've done an OT so go easy on me ;o

白騎士物語2 光と闇の覚醒
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES II Awakening of Light and Darkness

wkc2_header.jpg

Game Cover

wkc2_cover.jpg

Trailer Screen Shots

You can view 1080p trailer that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vVhl87qXK0&hd=1

wkc2_trailer_1.jpg

wkc2_trailer_2.jpg

wkc2_trailer_3.jpg

wkc2_trailer_4.jpg

wkc2_trailer_5.jpg

wkc2_trailer_6.jpg

In game/Gameplay Shots

wkc2_gameplay01.jpg

wkc2_gameplay02.jpg

wkc2_gameplay03.jpg

wkc2_gameplay04.jpg

wkc2_gameplay05.jpg

wkc2_gameplay06.jpg

wkc2_gameplay07.jpg

wkc2_gameplay08.jpg

wkc2_gameplay09.jpg

wkc2_gameplay10.jpg

wkc2_gameplay11.jpg

What's In it?
Well it comes with both WKC1 and WKC2 in ONE game.
If you have a CLEAR SAVE from WKC1 you can load it up and choose to either start over or continue from where the story of the first one ended.
For the first game, AFAIK no story element is changed at all, however game mechanics follows the second game. The skill tree is completely updated and WKC1 here also follow the WKC2 skill tree. Battle is also WKC2 style fast paced battle.

Thoughts
Those are all very preliminary, I am less than 2 hours into the game ;/

The battle is indeed a lot faster, a lot more fluid and it definitely helps to keep myself engaged more.
Easy to tell enemy weakness now, since orange number flies now

ONE THING I NOTICED THAT DEFINITELY NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL OF
I play all my game on my US PSN account. My WKC1 save was of course on my US PSN account too. However because this game now require license. The geonet try to query PSN server for license, and US PSN server do not know wtf WKC2 is apparently and won't identify product code. I tried to download the product license through my Japanese account, however, unlike previous DLCs, it's not an item you download and patches into your game. It probably just registers something onto your PSN account. So currently I have no way to play on Geonet =(. I don't think I can just copy the game save from my US account to JP account, pretty sure WKC1 save was locked ;/

VIDEO LOG
I will be doing A LOT of captures for this game (and future games i play). I already have quiet a few videos up.
If you want to follow the game, i am logging it @ http://www.lucisz.com/blog/category/white-knight-chronicles-2/
OF COURSE, THIS IS A SPOILER ALERT, the captures WILL/DO contain Spoilers.

Trailers, Both WKC1 and WKC2 trailer
Character Remake
Gameplay, set 1
Gameplay, set 2
Gameplay, set 3
Gameplay, set 4
Gameplay, set 5
Gameplay, set 6
Gameplay, set 7
Gameplay, set 8
Gameplay, set 9
Gameplay, set 10

THE ENDING

PURE GAME PLAY NO SPOILER VIDEOS:

Gameplay set 1 Video 1
Gameplay set 2 Video 1 Video 2 Video 3
Gameplay set 3 Video 1 Video 2
Gameplay set 4 Video 1 Video 2
Gameplay set 5 Video 1 Video 2 Video 3
Gameplay set 6 Video 1 Video 2 Video 3
Gameplay set 7 Video 1 (this is the video of the fight that avatar got his knight, I don't really consider it spoiler since it's all over the promo)
Gameplay set 8 Video 1

Mob hunt part 1
Mob hunt part 2
Mob hunt part 3

New town: Folia

Other Dimension (New area)

All material in this post (except the cover image) comes from my own capture ;). Hopefully I can do more OTs like this from now on.

That's one insanely busy UI. Glad to hear it's somewhat fun... I never played the first but am considering picking this one up since you get the first game for free.

matmanx1

I'll definitely get WK2 when it comes over to the US. I liked the first one enough to see where the story goes and the Knight combat looked and felt pretty awesome.

I wonder how long it's going to take Level 5 to get this one localized? Maybe we'll see it in 2011? That would be pretty great.

badcrumble said:
That's one insanely busy UI. Glad to hear it's somewhat fun... I never played the first but am considering picking this one up since you get the first game for free.

It comes with all copies of WKC2? K, im down if true.

jiggle

improvement sound good
will probably avoid playing the jpn version though
did that with part1 and killed my interest by the time NA version came out, which took forever!

will watch some of the videos though

Chris R

donkey show said:
Man, I still need to play the first one sitting on my backlog. 2's looking pretty nice so far.
Sell it now and just wait for WKC2. WKC2 comes with WKC1 but you can play it with the better battle system (plus the story will be fresh in your mind, since WKC1 is basically chapter 1 of a longer story).

MoogPaul

So what's the deal with this again? It comes with an updated version of the first game? How is the first game updated? I hear you have to replay this new version of the first one? Should I even bother playing the first one that is coming up pretty soon in my backlog?

Lucis

LiquidMetal14 said:
Johntv was gonna make the OT once he went through the first part of the game (WKC1).

wasn't aware of that ;/ my bad
i kinda wanted to go through the first part again... but i decided not to. i wanted to get the video captures out i guess ;/

Volcynika

MoogPaul said:
So what's the deal with this again? It comes with an updated version of the first game? How is the first game updated? I hear you have to replay this new version of the first one? Should I even bother playing the first one that is coming up pretty soon in my backlog?

You need a clear save of the first game to play the second. You can either beat the first one and get a clear save before this is localized for your region, or wait.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kirashi said:
wasn't aware of that ;/ my bad
i kinda wanted to go through the first part again... but i decided not to. i wanted to get the video captures out i guess ;/
I'm sure he won't mind. Less work for him.

I deleted my save file from the first game, so I'll have to play it again.

I liked the single player, so playing it again with the updated battle system is not so bad.

Gravijah

Volcynika said:
You need a clear save of the first game to play the second. You can either beat the first one and get a clear save before this is localized for your region, or wait.

They should have made it so you need a 100% platinum save to play the second. :lol Speaking of... Are all the original trophies from WKC1 in this game? Are they split up into WKC1 and WKC2 sections or what?

dramatis

MoogPaul said:
Is it confirm for NA to have WKC 1 as well?

That's assuming that WKC2 has been confirmed for NA in the first place. :/

WKC1 is on the disc, and they spent some time upgrading it to the faster battle system. If WKC2 does come, it will likely have the first too.

Lucis

JudgeN said:
Has the overall difficulty of the game increased?

I don't know yet...
Since I have high GR equipment from the first game, I am kinda op right now ;/ But hopefully it gets more balanced later, will update once I find out

KZObsessed

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

Does WKC2 have all the online quests from the first game including the DLC/bonus quests from the EU version?

Can you earn trophies for the first game when playing it from the WKC2 disc?

Thanx.

So does this have two platinums? Although I don't think I'd be able to plat WKC anyway, I'm definitely tempted to hold out for WKC2's western release if it's got both games on the one disc too.

Shouta

I picked it up but I started part 1 over again to get a refresher on the story and get a feel for it again myself.

RuGalz

Sounds pretty good, I hope it won't take 3 yrs to translate and have me lose interest by the time it comes out here. :-/

Lucis

KZObsessed said:
A couple of questions if you don't mind:

Does WKC2 have all the online quests from the first game including the DLC/bonus quests from the EU version?

Can you earn trophies for the first game when playing it from the WKC2 disc?

Thanx.

Ya they are included, I see all quest from first episode unlocked by loading a clear save.

For trophys, WKC2 have a whole set of trophy for itself, it won't earn you trophy that will put into your WKC1 game trophy list, however playing the first part do have some trophies i believe.

V-Gief

I passed on WKC for some other stuff, but seeing as they seemingly come bundled now, there is no way in hell I am passing up on this haha. Looks pretty awesome so far :)

Ricker

Volcynika said:

Dumbest thing ever...I`m stuck in the first game and can`t finished it so I won`t be able to play WC2,with all the improvement because of that?...I don`t understand the reasoning behind forcing people to play the first at all.

Lucis

Die Squirrel Die said:
Any control changes from WKC1 to this? I noticed in one of your vids (nice vids btw) that you brought up the map without going to the submenu?

yes now you mention it,
R2 out of combat brings up map, no longer needs to go to sub menu

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I borrowed the first one from a friend and only got 75%ish through it before getting bored and returning it, but I've had an itch to go back to it for a while now. If i buy WKC2 can i still import my save, even though its not finished and play through what I haven't played of the first one that way?

I'll probably just buy it new if yes and if no then find some way to acquire the first one again to finish it up and decide from there. I dont really feel like paying $80 on WKC if i have to buy both and i don't think its a good enough game to start over from the beginning for.

onken

Tylahedras said:
Still requiring a code for online play? If so I'm passing on this one.

Oh shit, I forgot about that. Was going to wait a couple of weeks and get it second hand. Bleh, don't really want to pay full price for it.

hteng

Banned
man i'm on the fence here, do i buy this or do i save my money for FFXIV, the first game had left a bitter taste in my mouth when i bought it during it's JP launch and i kinda hated it. Now seeing the new gameplays, it doesn't seem like it's improved but i really dig the idea of your character henshin into a fucking robot of destruction!

oh well.. will wait and see, the game is like 70 USD in my place

Lucis

Diablos said:
I'm kind of hungry for a new RPG, but I can't decide if I want this, Demon's Souls, SO4 Int'l, or 3D Dot Game Heroes. I'd like to play them all eventually.

So tell me, GAF, why I should buy WKC first.

Unless you mean import, WKC 2 isn't an option now. and if you mean WKC 1. i'd say wait until you can play them together.

jiggle

Diablos said:
I'm kind of hungry for a new RPG, but I can't decide if I want this, Demon's Souls, SO4 Int'l, or 3D Dot Game Heroes. I'd like to play them all eventually.

So tell me, GAF, why I should buy WKC first.

SO4 !

Top Bottom