• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles 2 |OT| of WKC 1+1

Ploid 3.0

onken said:
Oh shit, I forgot about that. Was going to wait a couple of weeks and get it second hand. Bleh, don't really want to pay full price for it.

I don't remember entering a code for online play in wkc1.

Anyway I'm getting this for sure when it come out here. I want more online rpgs, especially Titan Quest, Diablo type. Loot

WKC1, my guy is at around GR8. Getting to 9 or whatever will take so long, I hope WKC2 adds a lot of fun alternate guild points to farm. Oh and a lot of loot.

onken

Ploid 3.0 said:
I don't remember entering a code for online play in wkc1.

Anyway I'm getting this for sure when it come out here. I want more online rpgs, especially Titan Quest, Diablo type. Loot

WKC1, my guy is at around GR8. Getting to 9 or whatever will take so long, I hope WKC2 adds a lot of fun alternate guild points to farm. Oh and a lot of loot.

Yeah well the Japan version at least comes with a Geonet code which you need to register to play the game online, so if you buy it second hand chances are the person before already used it. It's not the end of the world I guess, you just have to buy another key, not sure how much they are though.

subscribed for the release of an english version at the end of 2011...

Actually I haven't played WKC1 yet despite of some people in my friendlist being pretty active in its online mode. The announcement of WKC2 made me want to play the revised&integrated version of WKC1 :/

btw. can you export (mp) screenshots this time? If so, post some online moments :p

Lucis

SolidusDave said:
subscribed for the release of an english version at the end of 2011...

Actually I haven't played WKC1 yet despite of some people in my friendlist being pretty active in its online mode. The announcement of WKC2 made me want to play the revised&integrated version of WKC1 :/

btw. can you export (mp) screenshots this time? If so, post some online moments :p

unfortunately i can't. if you saw the part of my op about online license and how it doesn't mix with non jp psn account (which I use to play all my games)

Diablos

Crap, I don't know what thread to post in since you can play WKC1 with the new game.

Was the first game as bad as reviews said? Gameplay vid of WKC2 posted by kirashi looks very nice...

I hope the sequel comes out here soon, I'd rather wait then buy WKC1 if I'd be buying it again with WKC2...

Aru

I will gladly take this game if it's released in Europe and gets better reviews than the first.

Effect

Looks great. Wish I continued to enjoy the first game but the combat got to me so I couldn't continue to enjoy the game. Ended up trading it to get back Dragon Age Origins. WKC made me appreciate DA's control setup better even though they are somewhat similar. I loved the town building aspect. There needs to be a new Dark Cloud. If you could simply play around with the town building without taking part in the combat that would be great. No chance I guess. Though I hope someone does some walkthrough videos of this. Would love to see how the story turns out.

Neil

Had no idea that WKC2 comes with WKC1 as well. Will definitely pick this up if it makes it overseas :)

Lucis

Hmm from what I read. it seems like forrean kingdom is gonna be the only new town in the new game... and so far i have been going through old areas with updated mobs for the past 12 hours of game play ;/

i'll try to get the second set of game play videos up ASAP

john tv

LiquidMetal14 said:
Johntv was gonna make the OT once he went through the first part of the game (WKC1).
Me? I wasn't planning to make an OT for this -- maybe you have me confused with someone else?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
john tv said:
Me? I wasn't planning to make an OT for this -- maybe you have me confused with someone else?
Thought you were gonna make a thread once you ran through the WKC1 portion. This OT is nice though it beats a more plain, text filled thread.

Diablos

Man said:
HD Towns, impossible.
:lol

Seems like it's a better idea for me to wait until WKC2 comes out over here (hoping it does)... if they updated the gameplay mechanics for the first part to match WKC2, it would be the sensible thing to do. Hope it won't take, like, a year. :\

squall211

Diablos said:
:lol

Seems like it's a better idea for me to wait until WKC2 comes out over here (hoping it does)... if they updated the gameplay mechanics for the first part to match WKC2, it would be the sensible thing to do. Hope it won't take, like, a year. :\

It won't take a year...it'll take a year and a half. :lol

darkwing

Chriswok said:
I've enjoyed WKC1, so hope 2 comes out over here, bit amazed it has 1 on it too though.

because you need to finish 1 to start playing WKC2, makes sense for them to put it also, WKC2 is like 2 games in 1 :D

Xater

Shouta said:
I picked it up but I started part 1 over again to get a refresher on the story and get a feel for it again myself.

I hope you give at least some impressions how you feel about the improved battle system and if it makes the first part actually better.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
im not SUPER far in wkc1, should i wait for 2 and play with the updated battle system or is it worth it to go trough WKC1 in the summer drought?

I kinda saved it for this time.

Tailzo

Tiduz said:
im not SUPER far in wkc1, should i wait for 2 and play with the updated battle system or is it worth it to go trough WKC1 in the summer drought?

I kinda saved it for this time.
Depends how picky you are. The complaints about the battle system being too slow, the story too unoriginal and the guild ranking being a grind is true. But on the other hand, it's free co op rpg and you get to build your own little npc town. I had fun with it, and it was worth it for me.

Diablos

Tailzo said:
Depends how picky you are. The complaints about the battle system being too slow, the story too unoriginal and the guild ranking being a grind is true. But on the other hand, it's free co op rpg and you get to build your own little npc town. I had fun with it, and it was worth it for me.
So WKC2 makes battles faster, fixes the story and improves guild ranking?

How different would replaying the first game be with WKC2's setup?

simtmb

...Great :lol

Although cheap, i bought the original not too long about, but played about 5 minutes of it.
Hopefully this release shows some improvements :D

Lucis

Diablos said:
So WKC2 makes battles faster, fixes the story and improves guild ranking?

How different would replaying the first game be with WKC2's setup?

the game play control feels SO MUCH BETTER with WKC2 setup.
the thing is that we don't know when it come out here, I don't doubt that it will indeed come out since the first one made it, it makes no sense to not bring this one.
And it should take a lot less time to localize this one... but who knows. I would suggest people to wait for this "superior version" to get the full experience from the start.

Diablos

Kirashi said:
the game play control feels SO MUCH BETTER with WKC2 setup.
the thing is that we don't know when it come out here, I don't doubt that it will indeed come out since the first one made it, it makes no sense to not bring this one.
And it should take a lot less time to localize this one... but who knows. I would suggest people to wait for this "superior version" to get the full experience from the start.
Yeah... I think I'll have to wait. :\

Cornbread78

Man, I actually really enjoyed the first one, I wanted to play more of it, but I just had too many games in backlog to devot hundreds of hours to it. The online missions were a lot of fun and all the customization was great! I can;t wait for an NA launch, too bad, we probably won't see it until 2012.

Nice, thanks. Where you are in the game now, have you started to encounter new areas again, or is it still recycling old locations from the first game?

darkwing said:
because you need to finish 1 to start playing WKC2, makes sense for them to put it also, WKC2 is like 2 games in 1 :D

Oh, I had no idea about that, I really should have read a bit more before sprouting rubbish. :lol

Ricker

Chriswok said:
I've enjoyed WKC1, so hope 2 comes out over here, bit amazed it has 1 on it too though.

I hope it doesn`t and doesn`t force you to play it...I have 1 and can`t beat it,so I won`t get 2 if it does,which sucks since 2 seems better.

klee123

Taken from gamefaqs by unknown_pc

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974870-shirokishi-monogatari-hikari-to-yami-no-kakusei/55522463

System Related
- Part 2 quests will allow 6-man party and avatar knights (Arc Knights). Part 1 will still be restricted to 4-man and no avatar knights.
- Resource nodes only require one harvest to receive all items.
- Those under character level 35 can reset their skills at the training dummy in Rapacci's Wine shop
- There will be new NG+ treasure. NG+ will also start from part 1 of the story
- New PSN cash items will include skill reset coupon, makeover ticket (comes with gender and name change), 30 day ticket that increase exp gains.
- Updated graphic engine.
- Pray and site emotes will increase HP/MP regeneration rates. NPCs in party will also use these emotes with the player.
- Players can bring NPCs for offline quests.
- Resident requests: Offline sidequests given by town folks, designated by "!", progress can also be tracked.
- Bounty - Available at Adventurer's Guild. Target monster will be marked by "!" on map Rewards include consumables, equipments, GR points, and Dahlia (can be exchanged for special items)
- Extra dungeon will be available after finishing part 2.
- Level cap increased, GR50, rebirth level requirement increased.
- Players can travel between adjacent areas without going through the world map.
- Live Talk system from International version
- Voiced, video tutorials in the beginning of part 1
- Online requires a code/license activation that comes with the game. Additional code/license can be purchased on JP PSN for 900 yen.

Equipments
- Over 400 new equipments.
- Binding recipe requirements have been tweaked and made easier. Most requirements reduced to 1/3 ~ 1/4
- Changes to damage formula, supposedly weapon base attacks will have more influence on overall damage
- Equipment bonus stats have changed.
- Enhancements will be capped at +5 for same GR equipments. I.e., GR12 player can only +5 GR12 equipment, but able to +10 GR11 equipment
- 2-h sword and 2-h axe no longer have -VIT penalties.
- 1-h axe, 2-h katana, 2-h mace will have increased critical rates, but lose durabilities faster.
- Increased item and equipmen storage to 500
- Quests can sometimes reward unidentified ??? equipments. They can be identified at the weapon shop.
- New "Killer" modifier added to weapons, which deal bonus damage against certain species. For example, Evil's Bane has Undead Killer property. Arch Demon Bow has Gigas Killer property.
- Male and Female previews now available at binding shop.

Combat Related
- Action circle will be filled as soon as players draw their weapons and engage in combat.
- AC charging skills (Placid Heart, Anima, Pray) have been removed. There will be weapons that convert MP to AC.
- Many offensive skills (outside of combo) no longer cost AC, they consume MP instead. Most AoE skills will still cost 1 AC
- Command Circle starts spinning as soon as a command is chosen, instead of after the command is performed.
- Players can guard anytime with R1 + O. Players can change AI tactics with R1 + analog directions
- Accuracy and evasion now scales with distance.
- Players' balance will scale with equipment weight. The heavier the set, the less likely a player will be blown away or lose balance from enemy attacks.
- Break Chance - Against giant mobs, there will sometimes be Break Chance markings. Attacking the marking with the correct weakness will force the enemy off-balance.
- Flying Mode - Some enemies will be able to fly including dragons in part 1 [http://japan.gamespot.com/ps3/screenshots/common/pictures/0,3800075610,10439235p-222,00.htm) ]. Melee weapons will not be able to reach flying enemies.
- Yellow damage seen from videos signify that the enemy is weak to the player's attack (slash, thrust, crush, element, "Killer")
- Buff and debuff can cancel each other out, such as spider web canceling haste vise versa.
- Counter attacks - Take reduced damage and immediately counter
- Dash attacks - Dash to the enemy location and attack, damage increases with range.
- Charge attacks - Mash the button to increase damage dealt.
- AoE attacks now show range markings> (http://japan.gamespot.com/ps3/screenshots/common/pictures/0,3800075610,10439235p-432,00.htm)
- All skills in combo will cost at least 1 AC. No more 0 AC skills in combos.
- Auto-camera in combos can be switched off.
- Base capturing system - Enemy camps, siege weapons, and Zoa Crystals.
- Most monsters' weakness and resistances have been changed around. Bees now weak to thrust, boars weak to slash, etc

Weapon Skills
- Required amount of SP to learn skills have been tweaked. Weapon Master Lv 5 for example will cost 10 SPs to learn.
- Amount of SPs gained at level-up now scales with level. A level 2 character gains 2 SP, level 30 character gains around 5 SPs per level-up
- Prerequisites for all skills will be shown in-game.
- New training skills such as Dagger Training, 1-h Sword Training, which will increase damage for their respective weapon types.
- Inspire spell from divine magic has been removed.
- Weapon skills such as stance, cry, aura, field will be more effective and last longer.
- 1-handed - Dual-wielding stance to switch from tank to a DPS role. Able to counter-attack with shields.
- 2-h sword - New passive allows the action circle to spin faster when the user's HP is low. New counter and dash attacks
- Axe - New passive increases damage dealt when the user's HP is low. New 2-h maces added to weapon type.
- Spear - New Guardian skill allows the user to recover more AC from enemy attacks. With Shield Training, they have increased chance to block. They also have AoE slow and AoE knockdown.
- Bow - Double / Triple shot passives, chance to increase damage dealt. New songs to recover HP/MP, raise allies or buff them with haste. New Consumable Training to increase potion effectiveness. Their attacking animation has been sped up as well, there are nearly no delays at the end of an attack.
- Staff- New passives reduce MP cost and cast time. Capable of restoring MP to party members like bow users.
- Elemental Magic - New tier IV spells. New non-elemental magic, Eclipse Gate and Last Apocalypse.
- Divine Magic - They can banish undeads and debuff wraiths and succubus with the new Holy Light spell
- Knights - All of Knight's skills are AoE, even the basic thrust.
- Knights - Turn Break skill can interrupt enemy attacks and force them off balance. Turn Break can be used even when the action circle isn't full.
- Knights - Fortress Guard transfers all of allies' damage in an area to the knight.

Misc / GeoNet
- Better room searching function (http://japan.gamespot.com/ps3/screenshots/common/pictures/0,3800075610,10439235p-530,00.htm)
- Better USB keyboard support

Personally, I can't wait. A lot of my personal problems with the first game have been fixed with WKC2.

Effect

Being able to pause and issue commands in the single player would have been nice at least. I didn't have a problem playing with other people online. Thinking back I wish I had done more of that to be honest. Everyone controlled one character. It's a different story when you are playing the single player having to jump back and forth in real time. I think a pause to issue commands feature would have made all the difference. It's what made me appreciated Dragon Age more due to being able to do that. Unless you could do it in WKC and I've forgotten or simply didn't see it.

Could you have played WKC exclusively online if you wished? Or did you have to play the single player? I don't remember.

Cornbread78

Effect said:
Being able to pause and issue commands in the single player would have been nice at least. I didn't have a problem playing with other people online. Thinking back I wish I had done more of that to be honest. Everyone controlled one character. It's a different story when you are playing the single player having to jump back and forth in real time. I think a pause to issue commands feature would have made all the difference. It's what made me appreciated Dragon Age more due to being able to do that. Unless you could do it in WKC and I've forgotten or simply didn't see it.

Could you have played WKC exclusively online if you wished? Or did you have to play the single player? I don't remember.

You would have to had played through the SP at least once in order to unlock all of the online mission areas. Missions that occured on maps that you have not visited in SP would be unavailable to you.

Lucis

Man I really wish I can play online but I can't, stupid product code is locked on PSN by region... And I am NOT starting the game over in my JP account.

Anyways I think this is the "coolest" amor set I'll get in game this time.

makenshiset1.jpg

makenshiset2.jpg

V-Gief

Can't wait for this game to show up in the west. Looks like I missed out on something by skipping WKC1 ><; Not making that mistake again.

Lucis

By the way, I got some REALLY AWESOME mob hunt video coming out later today, they are totally spoil free, they are some of the hardest mob in game i've seen so far. 2 of the video also shows my avatar's crappy knight lol. one of the mob was 1 hit away from wiping me (but sucker missed lol)

Top Bottom