• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles 2 |OT| of WKC 1+1

klee123

Could anyone please tell me how many new areas are in this game?I remember reading somewhere that there's only one new town and every other location is the same as WKC1...is that true?

The only new areas I can think of are:

Cities:
The Archduchy of Faria

Dungeons:
The Lost Forest
Garmatha Fortress
Balandor Underground
Vellgander (Post game dungeon)

Yeah, there isn't too many new areas, but the focus is the new loot, armor/weapon sets and monsters.

A group consisting of myself and three friends play a co-op game every week and we're looking for something different. I've heard good things about this. Is it possible for the four of us to just jump into this without playing the single player and start killing and looting?

You will all need to play through the single player game to unlock all of the content in online mode. Once you've done that, you won't ever need to touch the story mode ever again. If you have 3-4 friends who play online regularly, it'll really make the game shine.

It's the reason why I'm still playing the game after clocking 1000 hours. Not only that I play for a guild, but I also have a regular group of friends who are pretty much dedicated to the game.

sublimit

Banned
Thank you very much klee,i think i'll get it soon then.I have played the first WKC but all this talk about reusing the exact same world areas had put me off in buying it at day one.

Cornbread78

also, it looks like therr is a big petition going around to get Lvl-5 to release the additional DLC in EU and NA that wad launched in Japan only previously. The patch would also ban any hackers above GR30. Lets hope it works out!

klee123

also, it looks like therr is a big petition going around to get Lvl-5 to release the additional DLC in EU and NA that wad launched in Japan only previously. The patch would also ban any hackers above GR30. Lets hope it works out!

I hate to be pessimistic, but I seriously think Sony/D3 just doesn't care.

Arthea

WKC (improved) is so confusing, it shows as WKC2 in saves and even show WKC2 logo while starting, why level 5 did so is beyond my understanding.
One more thing I would like to know... how it is action RPG, when it's clearly ATB and menu combat game. So many things I've read about this game are wrong, so many. Also there are normal characters in this game, only one we create is silent nobody. Why he (or she) is even needed?

Cornbread78

WKC (improved) is so confusing, it shows as WKC2 in saves and even show WKC2 logo while starting, why level 5 did so is beyond my understanding.
One more thing I would like to know... how it is action RPG, when it's clearly ATB and menu combat game. So many things I've read about this game are wrong, so many. Also there are normal characters in this game, only one we create is silent nobody. Why he (or she) is even needed?

the game got a ton of crap because because of the "silent" party member, it wasn't a problem for other jrpgs like P4, but it's a gamebreaker for this game I guess..... You view the story through your avatars eyes, and that character is also used online, and is fully customizable, so it fits well...

Arthea

I think a game got a lot of crap because it's not a very good game :)
But that's not that important, most games aren't very good.
What is important, I can't login into geoserver, or whatever their server is named, at all. I tried code from the psn store, code from a game, getting new login, nothing works. I get: "error connecting to server, try later", tried later so many times I don't care to count.
I thought servers are supposed to be open until summer?
Somebody still playing this? Can you people login?

Cornbread78

I think a game got a lot of crap because it's not a very good game :)
But that's not that important, most games aren't very good.
What is important, I can't login into geoserver, or whatever their server is named, at all. I tried code from the psn store, code from a game, getting new login, nothing works. I get: "error connecting to server, try later", tried later so many times I don't care to count.
I thought servers are supposed to be open until summer?
Somebody still playing this? Can you people login?

I'll test it late tomorrow night, I won;t get a chance to log-in until then...

Cornbread78

So any changce anyone wants to jump in and help me get a Transparent Husk before they shut the servers down? That's the last item I need for another Gold trophy.... I haven't been on this game in months......

Top Bottom