• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles 2 |OT| of WKC 1+1

Bowler

I also just picked this up, and honestly , im unsure why there is so much hate for it. Kind of digging it thus far. Even better with the 16 price point brand new @ the egg.

anyways i started wkc I first.

psn: Droozy

if anyone wants to show me the ropes of online.

Bowler

so im playing thru the first one, and finally activate the white knight.

defeat monster.

cut scene.

WKC II Highlight reel.

Credits.

WTF! 2 hours in, and the game is already into game #2? what just happened? lol

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
so im playing thru the first one, and finally activate the white knight.

defeat monster.

cut scene.

WKC II Highlight reel.

Credits.

WTF! 2 hours in, and the game is already into game #2? what just happened? lol

Seriously? Bwahaha. Just started playing this myself, finished the first boss, the troll you meet after going to get the wine cart. How long did you take to get from there until the ending of WKC 1?

Bowler

Seriously? Bwahaha. Just started playing this myself, finished the first boss, the troll you meet after going to get the wine cart. How long did you take to get from there until the ending of WKC 1?

I saved right after, but it was weird. fingers crossed that it was just a hokie Japanese :intro:

Cornbread78

I saved right after, but it was weird. fingers crossed that it was just a hokie Japanese :intro:

LOL, I just saw this and you were right if you just noticed it. Both games should take you about a total of 60 hours to play through, it's the online that is the true time-sink. I haven't played online in awhile, but if you want to jump in a little I can help you grind the first few levels. essentially, just sit back and stay outta the way and you will get all the XP for the enemies I kill.

Mxrz

Picked this up last week. There any codes for dlc or online in the case that might expire at some point? I don't plan to open or play it until I finish a couple other games up. It could be a while. I do sort of want to play it after seeing videos and screens of the combat looking similar to ff12. Hopefully I'll be able to tune the story out when I get around to it. I managed to enjoy SO4 afterall.

Cornbread78

Picked this up last week. There any codes for dlc or online in the case that might expire at some point? I don't plan to open or play it until I finish a couple other games up. It could be a while. I do sort of want to play it after seeing videos and screens of the combat looking similar to ff12. Hopefully I'll be able to tune the story out when I get around to it. I managed to enjoy SO4 afterall.

Probably only the pre-order materials may expire, but that doesn't sound like the case for you.

Honestly, the story isn't that bad, people just piss on it because it's very cliche, like many jRPGs. I was entertained by it, but I still have yet to go back and beat the final boss in 2 because I got side tracked playing so much on the Geonet, then had to finally start: Skyrim, BF3, MW3 and eventually ME3. Just too much of a backlog right now.

For anyone else thinking about this one, you can pick upa copy of WKCII (bundled with WKCI) for $19.97 at many Wal-Marts in their discount game section.

klee123

Just reached GR29. Another 2-3 weeks of questing and I should reach GR30. Can't wait for the True King Weapons.

Doubt the online will expire anytime soon as even the original WKC1 is still active and that was released over 2 years ago.

DlC wise, when it comes to new quests and 99% of the armor and weapons are released via patches so if you play online, you will get access to almost everything.

The only items you would miss out are the special armor sets and weapons for the avatar's knight, but those are on the PS store so you can purchase them anytime.

Cornbread78

Just reached GR29. Another 2-3 weeks of questing and I should reach GR30. Can't wait for the True King Weapons.QUOTE]

Damn dude, go for it. I took the past 5 months off to play FFXIII-2, BF3, MW3, Homefront, inFamous, etc. I actually went back on this weekend and found out my guild had been disbanded, bummer was a great group of helpful guys/gals to quest with and were very unselfish... I did finally hit GR18, and it felt like the world was off my shoulders since that level cap was holding my XP back. Now, it's time to level up to lvl 70, actually finish the main story and finish whatever errands I can to unlock that last couple skills. and maybe just more missions for fun, there is no way I can drop 500 more hours into the game to platinum it, lol.

btw, what guild are you part of?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought this game. Completed WKC in Japanese and couldn't stand the story/found it mediocre but saw this relatively cheaper and bought for a second try.

I read that some of the DLC and patches or what not were not released for the English version. How important are then. And the released DLCs in general?

Also, I have the US copy and from what i understand, if I use my Singapore/Asia account i can't get into geonet right? Also it seems that geonet access is DLC?

Mxrz

Just bought this game. Completed WKC in Japanese and couldn't stand the story/found it mediocre but saw this relatively cheaper and bought for a second try.

I read that some of the DLC and patches or what not were not released for the English version. How important are then. And the released DLCs in general?

Also, I have the US copy and from what i understand, if I use my Singapore/Asia account i can't get into geonet right? Also it seems that geonet access is DLC?

From what I've read; Version of game = Version of servers connected to. Your account determines which store you connect to. DLC can't be combined across game versions. I've read about people importing the Japanese version to buy/play with the dlc. NA is apparently shafted. Oh well.

I started up recently. I'm finding the game a bit lax when it comes to explanation of skills. At level 15, I've unlocked enough skills for 3 full pages. That is a little overwhelming, but there doesn't seem to be a huge difference among the skills either. I'm guessing combos have a lot to do with it later on. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to see monsters weakness or stats. I've used the items, but the log scrolls past so quickly during combat that it all that useful. I've fought with the UI on more than one occasion, too.

The story is painful. So far the biggest challenge comes from not skipping the cutscenes. It took all of 10 minutes to start disliking Leonard and the way the game world seems to revolve around him. He one of the biggest Mary Sue style characters I've seen in a game in a long while.

Meanwhile, the Avatar can't even get a fuckin' chair.

Cornbread78

From what I've read; Version of game = Version of servers connected to. Your account determines which store you connect to. DLC can't be combined across game versions. I've read about people importing the Japanese version to buy/play with the dlc. NA is apparently shafted. Oh well.

I started up recently. I'm finding the game a bit lax when it comes to explanation of skills. At level 15, I've unlocked enough skills for 3 full pages. That is a little overwhelming, but there doesn't seem to be a huge difference among the skills either. I'm guessing combos have a lot to do with it later on. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to see monsters weakness or stats. I've used the items, but the log scrolls past so quickly during combat that it all that useful. I've fought with the UI on more than one occasion, too.

The story is painful. So far the biggest challenge comes from not skipping the cutscenes. It took all of 10 minutes to start disliking Leonard and the way the game world seems to revolve around him. He one of the biggest Mary Sue style characters I've seen in a game in a long while.

Meanwhile, the Avatar can't even get a fuckin' chair.

LOL, the story is very cliche', but it's the game itself that is a pleasure to play, especially once you get online. The online portion if you attempt to get platinum, can be a tedious grind with all the binding, but if you are just going on to experience it, there are planty of players online that you can jump into quests with and they will help you rank up quickly. It's definately one of the best online communities out there. In regards to the monsters, you will learn wich type of skill to exploit each monter classes weekness rather quickly. It takes a little bit of experimentation, but easy to use going forward:

In regards to skills:
Many players will create three combos for each type of attack and/or element once they unlock enough skills, so you can use them on each monster type when the need arrises. It really depends if you are playing as a mage or as a fighter try not to diverify your skills at first, stick to swords, axes, spears, bows based on how you want to play the game. I unlocked a few skill from the other areas jsut to unlock the "HP up" and "MP up" type skills under the other weapon skills.

Mxrz

Outside the story, I'm liking the game well enough. The maps are nice, and the desert town was great. The game deserves more credit there. Combat is picking up now that I've stopped trying to use every skill, and found some of the MP-drain skills. The AI seems a little lax. In particular, I've given them the "Awaken" spell but they seemingly won't use it at all, even when they're set to "Heal" first. Waiting around for sleep to wear off is annoying.

The binding / crafting system is more or less what I wanted out of the game. I spent an hour or two crafting everything in the first two ranks, and its tempting to donate all the pearls I have to boost the rank for more recipes.

I've done a couple quests, but after getting blown up at level 8 by the first one with the two trolls, I'd guess the recommended level probably doesn't refer to Solo/offline. Bounties seem much easier. But then I did most of those with during that brief bit where you have a guest tagging along. With the easy resets before level 35, I figured I'd try out the different weapons. Sword was getting pretty fun with the easy mp-drain. Axe, so far, feels so much slower.

The transition from indoor to outdoor environments without a load screen is a very nice touch compared to some other games.

About 31 hours in. Probably almost done with part 1. I love this game, wish more people played it. Probably my JRPG of the generation.

Mxrz

Gotta admit, I'm warming up to the game a lot more.

The towns of Albana and Greede have a lot to do with that. The little touches like sand kicking up along the streets, the scrolling wall ads, and all the intricacies inside the shops are the sort of things I pictured years ago when thinking about 'next gen rpgs.' And for whatever reasons, the townspeople seem a little more interesting than the usual feed-information bits. If they had ditched Leonard, and put the Avatar at the center of the story, I wonder if the game would've been better received.

I have the avatar on axes at the moment, and can't say I like it all that much. Not having a MP-drain seems to be a part of it. The slowness combined with not being able to spam skills has bogged the combat down. All the axes so far also look pretty dull compared to the nifty swords that keep popping up like scimitars, cutlasses and the like. I'm tempted to switch back, but it seems fairly unanimous that axes is superior.

Blue crystals = Health bars? Might've been nice if the game mentioned that. Although I probably should've noticed it earlier.

Diablos

I saw this for $20 in the store and was tempted to buy it, but I've heard so many crap things about WKC/WKC2... meh.

Mxrz

I'm clearly 'in the moment' but I believe its worth the $20 if you enjoyed FF12 or similar games. The battle mechanics, maps, world, gear-hunting, town-building and online all seem pretty good. The story could be better, but then that goes for most jrpgs. So far the cringe worthy moments have been limited to Leonard and the Princess. I could see myself liking it a little bit more as more stuff comes into it.

But yeah, I'd skip it if story is the most important bit in a jrpg for you.

dramatis

Gotta admit, I'm warming up to the game a lot more.

The towns of Albana and Greede have a lot to do with that. The little touches like sand kicking up along the streets, the scrolling wall ads, and all the intricacies inside the shops are the sort of things I pictured years ago when thinking about 'next gen rpgs.' And for whatever reasons, the townspeople seem a little more interesting than the usual feed-information bits. If they had ditched Leonard, and put the Avatar at the center of the story, I wonder if the game would've been better received.

I have the avatar on axes at the moment, and can't say I like it all that much. Not having a MP-drain seems to be a part of it. The slowness combined with not being able to spam skills has bogged the combat down. All the axes so far also look pretty dull compared to the nifty swords that keep popping up like scimitars, cutlasses and the like. I'm tempted to switch back, but it seems fairly unanimous that axes is superior.

Blue crystals = Health bars? Might've been nice if the game mentioned that. Although I probably should've noticed it earlier.
I was surprised by the amount of detail in some places and keep wondering how much budget went into this game.

Are axes really that superior? I started off on bow, which turned out to be quite awesome for the beginning of the game. No idea how far in I am though, so maybe it'll turn out to be a so-so choice.

Mxrz

That seems to be the consensus. I spent a little too much time reading up on skills and things. Axe supposedly has the best dps, AoE, debuffs, and attack buffs. Bow / Axe / Mage seems to be considered much better than the others. But given how online communities are prone to "Meta or nothing!" who knows.

Normally I'd be all about using whatever I liked best, but after level 35, it sounds like you're locked in with whatever until you achieve some high guild rank online. Dunno if I'll bother with all that myself.

Cornbread78

The higher level bows and axes are definately great and can be quite OP, I'd reccomend gettign online and building up your GR a little bit, doing the online mission really helps to get items and componants for binding to really strenghten your weapons and armor. Plus it's just fun. I stuck with the Longsword skills, just so I could use th eHP drain skill, but there are a lot more mage/bow or axe users online than anything else. There are some very powerful skills available to them.

If you guys want to quest online sometime and are in NA, add me on PSN and I'll take you into some online missions where you can just stay way behind me and I'll just kill a bunch of stuff so you can build up your XP really quick. It benefits us both because you always need some kind of monster drops, and you'll get stuff well ahead of time and rank up really quickly. I'll just jump into a free monster quest and go into the Unstanble rift, I need to level up to 70 anyhow...

PSN: Cornbread78

I usualy plan from about 11pm-1am on Tuesday/Fridays and 11pm to 3am on Sat.

Mxrz

- MaxAzra

But I'm still early in the story myself, the Greed Underbelly place. I'm trying to avoid leveling too much until I decide on a weapon. Just started using Spears with the new guy, and they seem kind of fun with the AoE stuff.

klee123

Should reach GR30 tonight. Can't wait!

Damn dude, go for it. I took the past 5 months off to play FFXIII-2, BF3, MW3, Homefront, inFamous, etc. I actually went back on this weekend and found out my guild had been disbanded, bummer was a great group of helpful guys/gals to quest with and were very unselfish... I did finally hit GR18, and it felt like the world was off my shoulders since that level cap was holding my XP back. Now, it's time to level up to lvl 70, actually finish the main story and finish whatever errands I can to unlock that last couple skills. and maybe just more missions for fun, there is no way I can drop 500 more hours into the game to platinum it, lol.

btw, what guild are you part of?

That's the problem. Thanks to wkc2 I barely touched any other games other than Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma

It took me a year to reach GR29 which is extremely slow by my friends' standards who I play WKC2 with. Let's just say that everyone that I regularly quested with since wkc1 reached GR30 in 2 months after the release date...

I'm currently in the guild "Crystal Star". A Very friendly guild with a very active guild leader.

That seems to be the consensus. I spent a little too much time reading up on skills and things. Axe supposedly has the best dps, AoE, debuffs, and attack buffs. Bow / Axe / Mage seems to be considered much better than the others. But given how online communities are prone to "Meta or nothing!" who knows.

Normally I'd be all about using whatever I liked best, but after level 35, it sounds like you're locked in with whatever until you achieve some high guild rank online. Dunno if I'll bother with all that myself.

In reality, all classes have their uses. I consider Spears to be essential in the most difficult quests since they can tank the more difficult enemies. Long Sword is devastating against enemies who are wear to pierce and even Short Sword has their uses since they're like the jack of all trades type of class and have no weaknesses to any type of enemy. The only class which I consider to be overpowered is Mages, but even then they can't take much physical punishment.

There are many ways to change your class btw. One is either to rebirth back to lvl 65 once you've reached lvl 80 or that you buy a skill reset ticket off PSN.

Cornbread78

Should reach GR30 tonight. Can't wait!

That's the problem. Thanks to wkc2 I barely touched any other games other than Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma

It took me a year to reach GR29 which is extremely slow by my friends' standards who I play WKC2 with. Let's just say that everyone that I regularly quested with since wkc1 reached GR30 in 2 months after the release date...

I'm currently in the guild "Crystal Star". A Very friendly guild with a very active guild leader.

Crystal Star, I checked them out a couple weeks, but I believe they were full, correct? I ended up joining Divinities Hand, they are ranked 9th I believe, GL10, but nobody is ever on (well there are a couple cool guys, but usually empty rooms) I believe they must be mostly European and offline before I get on. I wish there was a guild list somewhere that shows how many from each region are in each guild, so I can find one with active NA members (preferably east coast) I have to look around for another LVL 10 Guild, so I can get good statue drops, lol. If not, I may just join a couple of ex guild mates in a much smaller guild, but the peeps are awesome and are just there to have a good time.

Believe it or not, I just finished the main astory this weekend, I had been playing just online for so long I completely forgot to finish it. Is there any use in playing through a NG+?

Mudo

I bought this back when it came out and remember upon booting it up that the very first town had pretty bad screen tearing that drove me crazy - Has this been fixed? I have an original 60GB PS3 but I'm assuming the model you have doesn't change things like that...

Mxrz

I bought this back when it came out and remember upon booting it up that the very first town had pretty bad screen tearing that drove me crazy - Has this been fixed? I have an original 60GB PS3 but I'm assuming the model you have doesn't change things like that...

I noticed this too when I first started. I've either got used to it, or for some reason it doesn't happen in the 2nd game as much.

Level 55'ish, near the end of the 2nd game. Not sure about online, that message board seems like a hellhole. I reckon I'll do as much as I can solo, and then see where I'm at. The avatar knight is pretty neat, I'm more interested in how it can be customized than anything. Might snag the DLC colors.

Cornbread78

I believe I saw that, it's even more noticable on my new TV that's 1080p and 240Hz. However, I was easily able to look past that because overall the game is beautiful to see/play. A little screen tear is nothing compared to how good the game itself is.

I noticed this too when I first started. I've either got used to it, or for some reason it doesn't happen in the 2nd game as much.

Level 55'ish, near the end of the 2nd game. Not sure about online, that message board seems like a hellhole. I reckon I'll do as much as I can solo, and then see where I'm at. The avatar knight is pretty neat, I'm more interested in how it can be customized than anything. Might snag the DLC colors.

Nice progression. What class did you decide to stick with? Don't spend too much money on the DLC colors, you can buy most of them in game, through Dalia earned from online missions, or through Geoforging. There is so much content, so much to do online. It's easy to see why people can dedicate an entire year to just playing this game! Also, just don't get involved wit the drama and your all-set. The online community I've found to be great thus far. I just ignore the childish guilds and just jump into matches with everyone.

Mxrz

I went with Axe. I've not used any skill points else where, so the Avatar has around 190'ish skill points along with axe mastered at level 60. Probably time to get the healing spells. Not too sure which secondary weapon to go with after that. I was pondering Spears or Sword, but bows & Darkshot is becoming really useful.

For most of the game, I've used heavy armor. I switched to medium with the Swordmage set from that one bounty. That helped a bit. I'd been annoyed at how slow the avatar seemed compared to the other characters. There's a lot of neat armors in the binding shop after I raised the rank up to 11 or so. Guessing most of the items needed are from quests?

I did manage the Toro quest solo, despite going in half-assed. Sadly there was no cat affinity. I feel compelled to have his visage attached to the avatar's back.

pahamrick

Picked this up the other day on clearance at K-Mart, for $5 couldn't pass it up. Not too far into it, but I'm curious if your avatar can get a knight armour or is it just main story characters?

Cornbread78

Picked this up the other day on clearance at K-Mart, for $5 couldn't pass it up. Not too far into it, but I'm curious if your avatar can get a knight armour or is it just main story characters?

That's a great deal, and a teo games to spend 100+ hours on, it's worth that just for the opening theme music for WKCII.

Avatar gets it as ell, but honestly, you only keep it for a chapter or so, because you get much better options very soon into the game and you'll never look back.

I went with Axe. I've not used any skill points else where, so the Avatar has around 190'ish skill points along with axe mastered at level 60. Probably time to get the healing spells. Not too sure which secondary weapon to go with after that. I was pondering Spears or Sword, but bows & Darkshot is becoming really useful.

For most of the game, I've used heavy armor. I switched to medium with the Swordmage set from that one bounty. That helped a bit. I'd been annoyed at how slow the avatar seemed compared to the other characters. There's a lot of neat armors in the binding shop after I raised the rank up to 11 or so. Guessing most of the items needed are from quests?

I did manage the Toro quest solo, despite going in half-assed. Sadly there was no cat affinity. I feel compelled to have his visage attached to the avatar's back.

Yes, definately invest in some healing spells and some buffs as well. Haste goes a long was as well as Raise and Heal III/IV. Yes, when you go online through the missions you tend to pick up a ton of drops from the monsters and especially the bosses. You will get times were you have to run through the same mission 5-10+ times to get a rare item drop. I've been trying to get a gallstone and think I've killed 50+ greavers at this point, and still have yet to get one.... really frustrating at times.... I only have 2 errands left to run, btu can't get the gallstone, and I can't find the ladt to give the transparent husk to, she has dissappeared into thin air, lol.

Mxrz

Finished the storyline. Words can't describe how annoying it was to have forced parties on some bosses, and just the how silly plot was at times. It could've been a lot better.

One confusing thing. The Avatar knight had far better stats than the story knights, around 100ish more in attack and defense. But then at the save point before the final battles, suddenly they were all much higher. And now in the post game, they're back down into 200s. What the hell was that suppose to be? That's my major gripe with the game. It was doing all sorts of nonsensical things in order to prop up Leonard or the other story characters, and virtually ignored whatever gameplay elements.

Anyhow. Post game. Woo. Only a handful of bounties & errands left.

You do towards the end of the 2nd game. But like the avatar, the story won't acknowledge it or anything. Its still handy, I'd never managed the 55+ bounties without it. Most quests seem to allow it too. Being able to customize and color it is a big draw for me, even if the options are severely limited until much later.

klee123

Feels so good to be at GR30. The TK weapons are soooo good.

Crystal Star, I checked them out a couple weeks, but I believe they were full, correct? I ended up joining Divinities Hand, they are ranked 9th I believe, GL10, but nobody is ever on (well there are a couple cool guys, but usually empty rooms) I believe they must be mostly European and offline before I get on. I wish there was a guild list somewhere that shows how many from each region are in each guild, so I can find one with active NA members (preferably east coast) I have to look around for another LVL 10 Guild, so I can get good statue drops, lol. If not, I may just join a couple of ex guild mates in a much smaller guild, but the peeps are awesome and are just there to have a good time.

Believe it or not, I just finished the main astory this weekend, I had been playing just online for so long I completely forgot to finish it. Is there any use in playing through a NG+
?

Yeah, Crystal star is constantly full, but if you ask the guild master, he/she may open up a slot for you. There should be no requirements for getting in, other than being constantly active.

Well, my guild is pretty much dead when I get on as well lol. However questing with randoms can be a decent alternative.

With regards to NG+, there's no point playing through it. I finished it once and never went back.

Cornbread78

Feels so good to be at GR30. The TK weapons are soooo good.

Yeah, Crystal star is constantly full, but if you ask the guild master, he/she may open up a slot for you. There should be no requirements for getting in, other than being constantly active.

Well, my guild is pretty much dead when I get on as well lol. However questing with randoms can be a decent alternative.

With regards to NG+, there's no point playing through it. I finished it once and never went back.

Is there actually an active guild in Eastern NA right now? Even over the weekends, I scroll through I I think that Gray Wolves guild had like 12 people on and that was it. I still have 9 Guild tokens constantly because there has been nobody on to quest with. I doubt I'm ever going to get to level 30, so my only goals left for the game would be to:

- Finish all errands (I only need to find a transparent Husk)
- Finish the 40 Monster quests (the last 3 are a pain in the rear, since my story characters are only around level 60
- complete 100 S ranked missions. This one looks like the biggest pain in the a$$ because there is nobody on that wants to quest the lower level missions to finish this one. Seriously, sthis one could be done over a weekend because I've already done about 70 of them, but you usually run out of time doing them solo, and it should only really take 15 mins to do most of them.

Mxrz

I got a husk from the fire island place at the circle room & save point.

There's a lot of neat armors in the bind list, but most ask for items I've yet to see. Got a bunch of level 70 armors off the last bounties but that's useless at 65. Not sure I want to grind GR for it.

klee123

Is there actually an active guild in Eastern NA right now? Even over the weekends, I scroll through I I think that Gray Wolves guild had like 12 people on and that was it. I still have 9 Guild tokens constantly because there has been nobody on to quest with. I doubt I'm ever going to get to level 30, so my only goals left for the game would be to:

- Finish all errands (I only need to find a transparent Husk)
- Finish the 40 Monster quests (the last 3 are a pain in the rear, since my story characters are only around level 60
- complete 100 S ranked missions. This one looks like the biggest pain in the a$$ because there is nobody on that wants to quest the lower level missions to finish this one. Seriously, sthis one could be done over a weekend because I've already done about 70 of them, but you usually run out of time doing them solo, and it should only really take 15 mins to do most of them.

That I'm not sure. My guild has people from all over the world(probably except Asia)

Really, for most people who play online, their goal is to reach GR26 asap, so all you see mainly are dip 1 and 2 rooms. Completing all 100 quests would require you to do GR26 quests anyways, so unfortunately you can't avoid it.

I got a husk from the fire island place at the circle room & save point.

There's a lot of neat armors in the bind list, but most ask for items I've yet to see. Got a bunch of level 70 armors off the last bounties but that's useless at 65. Not sure I want to grind GR for it.

It really depends if you actually enjoy playing online with others. If you keep at it, you'll eventually end up befriending quite a few players and it really makes the experience that much more enjoyable than playing alone. Once you reach GR26 and open up all the difficult quests, doing them with other people who know what to do really makes the game shine.

I spent 1500+ hrs in wkc1 and close to 830 hrs in wkc2 and see no signs of stopping.

Cornbread78

looks like Ill gun for the errand trophy and bounty trophy only then. I wish there was a progression tracker for the bind trophy...

there eere only a handful of people on last night in various guild rooms

klee123

looks like Ill gun for the errand trophy and bounty trophy only then. I wish there was a progression tracker for the bind trophy...

there eere only a handful of people on last night in various guild rooms

A lot of guild rooms are practically dead nowadays. Best to use room search to quest with randoms.

Cornbread78

A lot of guild rooms are practically dead nowadays. Best to use room search to quest with randoms.

I'll have to try that tonight, I really just want to see how many of the quick lower level quests I can do, but most randoms only want to do DiP I or DiPII. Sometimes, I just liek to do missions to get them done, lol. My old guild was awesome with that kind of stuff for the most part, but now, I only see tumbleweed in the guild rooms...

klee123

I'll have to try that tonight, I really just want to see how many of the quick lower level quests I can do, but most randoms only want to do DiP I or DiPII. Sometimes, I just liek to do missions to get them done, lol. My old guild was awesome with that kind of stuff for the most part, but now, I only see tumbleweed in the guild rooms...

I did a bit of questing with low GR players last night and there seem to be quite a few rooms for low GR players. Also, try to do all the errands and bounties first, you actually get quite a bit of guild points if you complete them. I remembered that I went up to GR16 or 17 when I completed both.

Cornbread78

I did a bit of questing with low GR players last night and there seem to be quite a few rooms for low GR players. Also, try to do all the errands and bounties first, you actually get quite a bit of guild points if you complete them. I remembered that I went up to GR16 or 17 when I completed both.

I'll have to check again this weekend. I know the local Wal-Mart sold a bunch of copies of the game reently since they added it to their $19.97 section.

I only have the errand for the transparent Husk left, unless there is another one I cannot find. There are no exclaation points left on my map, and that is the only one that pops un on the travel log.

I also only have 2 bounties left, so I should be able to wrap them up this weekend.

Mxrz

I have the last two bounties left, but I read something about farming them some time ago and held off doing them. Probably not much point.

Is there any way to tell a random room from a 'guild' room on the Show All Rooms list? I've got into a few rooms thinking they were random only to later realize everyone was doing guild stuff. Does starting a quest from the world map with the "play online" option ever actually find players?

Cornbread78

I have the last two bounties left, but I read something about farming them some time ago and held off doing them. Probably not much point.

Is there any way to tell a random room from a 'guild' room on the Show All Rooms list? I've got into a few rooms thinking they were random only to later realize everyone was doing guild stuff. Does starting a quest from the world map with the "play online" option ever actually find players?

if you search for rooms you'll find one, but not if you start a mission and try to match-up with other players.

klee123

With the bounties, you can get the trophy by doing one more and leaving 1 outstanding.

When you do room search you shouldn't be able to access any guild rooms. Also, questing from world map is not a viable option nowadays since nobody uses it.

Planning to start this tonight. I picked it up from Newegg awhile back and haven't touched it, but I've been feeling the itch to play a JRPG and I hope this scratches it. If anyone wants to play my PSN id is InVinoVeritas78. I'll go through this topic and add the recent posters as well.

Cornbread78

Planning to start this tonight. I picked it up from Newegg awhile back and haven't touched it, but I've been feeling the itch to play a JRPG and I hope this scratches it. If anyone wants to play my PSN id is InVinoVeritas78. I'll go through this topic and add the recent posters as well.

Welcome to the maddness. Poor reviews and fickle complaints, [play through both games back to back and you will be deligted. It's a ton of fun and easy to play with a great onlin ecommunity for the most part.

klee123

Surprisingly there still a lot of new players starting the game.

As of today I've maxed out my GR26+ mage armor with the true king staff at +14.

Yet I still spend a bit of time every day on this after work due to the token system for gems.

It's a pity that game game is largely overlooked in Neogaf, because it would be great if there was a Neogaf guild or something.

Cornbread78

Surprisingly there still a lot of new players starting the game.

As of today I've maxed out my GR26+ mage armor with the true king staff at +14.

Yet I still spend a bit of time every day on this after work due to the token system for gems.

It's a pity that game game is largely overlooked in Neogaf, because it would be great if there was a Neogaf guild or something.

Trust me, I hear ya there. It's a great game and I hope we get a WKCIII at some point, I mean, they definately left it open since it was supossed to be a trilogy.

klee123

Audίoboxer;44570055 said:
Is it better to buy 1 and 2 separately? I know you can only earn trophies from 1 if you buy it standalone.

At this point it's better to to buy WKC2 with the remastered version of wkc1(which is modified with wkc2 gameplay). The game is much more user friendly and it's a more complete as a package content wise. Not to mention that the learning curve is much lower as well. There are still people playing wkc1 international, but not as much as wkc2.

If you're planning to play any of the wkc games just to earn trophies though, you may want to look elsewhere though. It took me a total of 2500 hrs just to get the platinum in wkc1 and almost all the trophies in wkc2.

sublimit

Banned
Could anyone please tell me how many new areas are in this game?I remember reading somewhere that there's only one new town and every other location is the same as WKC1...is that true?

A group consisting of myself and three friends play a co-op game every week and we're looking for something different. I've heard good things about this. Is it possible for the four of us to just jump into this without playing the single player and start killing and looting?

Top Bottom